+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    To my knowledge, Dr. Cooley did not begin working with ACell and plucking until 2009/2010, and he did present those results late in 2010. The work he's done since should be shared later this year (2011). Dr. Bernstein didn't begin his research with the compound until, I believe, just mid 2011; of course, we can't expect a "flood" of data or pictures just a couple of months into a study.

I hope I don't come off trying to defend the merits of ACell — I don't know whether there are any. It seems to me, however, this still is a "new" product, and I thus am reservedly hopeful it can be beneficial in treating hairloss. As for straight injections of P.R.P., there's a lot less I have to be enthusiastic about. For one thing, yes, the idea has been around longer, and I don't see any positive results from it. For another, I feel it requires less experimentation: ACell is supposed to work in conjunction with surgery, and figuring out how best to administer it might require a fair amount of effort and creativity. With P.R.P. on its own, however, one more simply must work out dosing; after that, it's direct shots into the scalp, then checking for growth.

I suppose by the end of 2011, though, we all should have a stronger sense to where we ought to set our hopes.
    I agree-the verdict should be out on Acell by the end of the year. However, enough time has passed for there to be some visual evidence and frankly, I haven't seen any. Like you mentioned, Dr. Cooley starting experimenting with Acell towards the end of 2009 (2+ years). Also, several doctors have been offering PRP/Acell injections, claiming that it helps retain hair and thickens miniaturized hairs. As far as injecting a combination of Acell and PRP onto the scalp for the purpose of retaining hair and increasing density, there should be some evidence that we could point at and say: Aha, this is working! But there is none; not one pic that has me feeling even the slightest bit optimistic.

Perhaps Acell will be beneficial in healing the wounds created during a hair transplant. In that sense, it would be good. I just don't see anything that leads me to believe that it will increase density or that it is a "fertilizer," of sorts, for transplanted hairs. Maybe they just need time to tweak it all. I hope that's the case. Till then, I'll keep spectating.

Quote Originally Posted by level View Post
    Perhaps Acell will be beneficial in healing the wounds created during a hair transplant. In that sense, it would be good. I just don't see anything that leads me to believe that it will increase density or that it is a "fertilizer," of sorts, for transplanted hairs. Maybe they just need time to tweak it all. I hope that's the case. Till then, I'll keep spectating.
    I agree. In my opinion, if ACell and/or P.R.P. are found to be of respectable benefit, it will be in producing better transplants (perhaps by aiding pluck-grafting, thereby greatly expanding donor supply), not in regrowing hair by being injected where there is none. I'm hopeful a compound such as H.S.C. or RepliCel's product will turn out to actually regenerate hair via injection, but, of course, there's no reason to suppose either will when neither has yet completed even the first phase of a large clinical trial.

Quote Originally Posted by level View Post
    Yeah, I saw it. But that video is about 2 years old. It's probably the only documented PRP case that shows vast improvement. If anyone has seen other pictures/videos of patients who have had noticeable success with PRP, please provide a link. I personally haven't seen any evidence that leads me to believe that PRP is a viable solution for hair loss. And this is coming from someone (me) who received PRP injections over a year ago.

Man, like seriously, with all the talk about PRP over the last 3 years and with all dialogue about acell over the last 18 months, there should be substantial, undeniable evidence that these treatments are working. There's been a bunch of hearsay, but nothing concrete.
    if you mean the video of the guy with curly blonde hair ... the guy had 2 HT's together with the acell prp.

that says it all.

You can buy it now - we got our doctor to approve it for us both. (thymosin beta 4)

Compounding pharmacy only - injectable and stays refrigerated. We are ordering from tailormadecompounding.com.
    Not cheap - but it works.

It has a wide variety of benefits besides just hair growth, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Gracchus View Post
    You can buy it now - we got our doctor to approve it for us both. (thymosin beta 4)

Compounding pharmacy only - injectable and stays refrigerated. We are ordering from tailormadecompounding.com.
    Not cheap - but it works.

It has a wide variety of benefits besides just hair growth, BTW.
    Gaius, I'm wondering what your protocol is? In other words, how many mg of thymosin beta 4 and how often? I'm also curious your point of injection, whether you inject in or around the scalp or take a more global approach

Quote Originally Posted by stairmaster View Post
    Gaius, I'm wondering what your protocol is? In other words, how many mg of thymosin beta 4 and how often? I'm also curious your point of injection, whether you inject in or around the scalp or take a more global approach
    Hi,
    We happen to be using Thymosin Beta 4 for injuries (knees, shoulders), so our protocol is specific to that situation. However, the systemic effect helps hair growth, too. Our doctor prescribed it for a number of patients whose hair is growing so fast and full that it is pretty shocking. It is systemic and as far as I know, none of the patients are injecting into their scalps.
    That said, the patients still have active hair follicles. I don't know of any who have been bald for years, say, who are using it for hair growth. I don't know that it would be ineffective for that type of person, but I just have not heard of it personally.

--GG

Hi,
    We happen to be using Thymosin Beta 4 for injuries (knees, shoulders), so our protocol is specific to that situation. However, the systemic effect helps hair growth, too. Our doctor prescribed it for a number of patients whose hair is growing so fast and full that it is pretty shocking. It is systemic and as far as I know, none of the patients are injecting into their scalps.
    That said, the patients still have active hair follicles. I don't know of any who have been bald for years, say, who are using it for hair growth. I don't know that it would be ineffective for that type of person, but I just have not heard of it personally.

--GG
    What dose do you take, and how frequently?

Quote Originally Posted by stairmaster View Post
    What dose do you take, and how frequently?
    750 mcg/day

But we only weigh about 120 lbs each.

And for the TB500 the cost from TailorMadeCompounding was very, very high. And a prescription was required. However, you definitely are getting the real thing.

750 mcg/day

But we only weigh about 120 lbs each.

And for the TB500 the cost from TailorMadeCompounding was very, very high. And a prescription was required. However, you definitely are getting the real thing.
    Thanks. I'm curious whether that's a dosage that your doctor recommended, or one that you came up with on your own?

I'm thinking that I'll do a loading dose of 5mg twice a week for five weeks - so a total of 50mg over 5 weeks - followed by a daily maintenance dose of 250 mcg. And from what I've heard, while Tailor Made is hands down the best, Peptide Sciences is a quality place to purchase without a prescription. I'd be interested in your take on this.

Still, I'll likely be fine tuning dose, frequency, and source over time, based on new knowledge and results.

Default Is this the same treatment?

I was just doing a google search on the OP's treatment and see this clinic doing it.
    Does anyone know if this is the same type of treatment and if so what the success is like?

IDK who would offer this treatment in New Zealand, but im keen to give it a go rather than opting for a transplant.

https://www.hishairclinic.com/a-cell...g-combination/