+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cool

I agree with hairtalk; these pictures are a bit deceiving. The patient's hair is obviously combed different in the second picture and I'm skeptical about the lighting. If this treatment were producing concrete, noticeable results, the improvement would be obvious and no one would be questioning the pictures. Call me a pessimist, but this stuff appears to do nothing. If science has proven that we have a constant amount of stem cells on our scalp, and if this treatment claims to rehabilitate our progenitor cells, then this combination of prp, acell and thrombin should be producing even results throughout the scalp-not the scattered, hardly noticeable "results" we are seeing in these pictures.

I'm sorry to say, but there's nothing in the pipeline that has me uber excited. Some things (i.e. histogen, acell, prp, etc.) have caught my attention, but noting has seized my confidence. I do like the paradigm shift that is occurring, but I feel we are several years away from having a viable treatment for hair loss that doesn't require surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by level View Post
    I'm sorry to say, but there's nothing in the pipeline that has me uber excited. Some things (i.e. histogen, acell, prp, etc.) have caught my attention, but noting has seized my confidence. I do like the paradigm shift that is occurring, but I feel we are several years away from having a viable treatment for hair loss that doesn't require surgery.
    Agreed. I'm as eager as the next to have the almighty "cure" available within the next couple of years, but I think it's a silly fantasy, right now, that it will be in people's hands by 2014, as many were positing or hoping it would be, even into spring of 2011.

Well, if nothing else, by the end of 2011, we should hear how things are moving with ACell and plucking, and, by 2012's conclusion (though I'm reluctant to plan that far ahead, as things have a tendency to fall apart or be to be grossly delayed), we ought to know more about Histogen's H.S.C. and about RepliCel/TrichoScience.

I still wonder what's going on with Allergan's work against male-pattern baldness, using bimatoprost (Latisse).

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Does this involve having a hair transplant or can this treatment be done without having your head cut open?
    I think it can be done alone. You should contact Dr. Cole to get the details though.

Yup. In the second pic, the hair is combed toward the thinning area-the most common way to try to hide a bald spot. This is just stupid.

I hate to say it but it looks like there is NOTHING at the moment that can give us some hair other than transplantation. I'm just losing all hope again, not that I had too much hope to begin with.

There is absolutely no difference. I said as much in the thread posted up with this "result" about a month back. I really don't believe PRP+Acell is doing anything at all. I made a poll about this a while back. I'll bump it back to the top so you guys can weigh in.

I do agree that PRP+acell seems a bit disappointing on all the pictures, but on this one I do see some regrowth even after the combing to forward is removed from the equation.

Notice it near the top edge of the bald spot for example, or notice hair that seems to be sprouting from the bald areas

I have yet to see even one piece of photographic evidence in support of treating hairloss with P.R.P. or P.R.P.+ACell injections. This whole thing seems like either a failed experiment at cost to the patient (rather than on the researcher's dime, which is how testing should be conducted), or a simple scam.

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    Is that a before–after comparison? I see no marked difference, if it is: look at the way the hair is combed in the second shot.
    Agree the hair the 1st is combed to the side the hair on the 2nd pic is comb forward and is longer.

But have you guys seen the video on youtube about Dr. Greco (also on his web site) ? It kinda gave me a little bit of hope but I'm not really that optimistic about it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    But have you guys seen the video on youtube about Dr. Greco (also on his web site) ? It kinda gave me a little bit of hope but I'm not really that optimistic about it any more.
    Yeah, I saw it. But that video is about 2 years old. It's probably the only documented PRP case that shows vast improvement. If anyone has seen other pictures/videos of patients who have had noticeable success with PRP, please provide a link. I personally haven't seen any evidence that leads me to believe that PRP is a viable solution for hair loss. And this is coming from someone (me) who received PRP injections over a year ago.

Man, like seriously, with all the talk about PRP over the last 3 years and with all dialogue about acell over the last 18 months, there should be substantial, undeniable evidence that these treatments are working. There's been a bunch of hearsay, but nothing concrete.