+ Reply to Thread

Default Permanent Sexual side effect from Propecia?

I understand that only 2 % of men get sexual side effects from propecia. When conducting an internet search for the side effects of propecia a page comes up describing perminent sexually cripiling side effects experienced which did not reverse with discontinuation of Propecia. Is this folklore of truth? Roger

yes it's true. it's a risk you (don't) have to take as with many other things in life. if it's of concern to you then simply come to terms with hair loss sooner than later.

Inactive

I'm one of the unfortunate few that have suffered from crippling side effects as a result from Propecia and can vouch they are true. If you are considering trying Propecia, I recommend that you do some investigative research on your own and be prepared to read between the lines since many professionals are misinformed by the literature put out by the pharmaceutical companies.

The outcome is rare, probably around 1% of Propecia users or less, but nobody can tell you exactly how rare it is since proper unbiased studies have not been conducted. FYI, the official PPI states sexual side effects for Propecia are around 2% but these are underestimated as pharmaceutical companies like to play statistical and research games with their reported information.

If you still decide to take the drug, good luck, but remember you can always opt for other methods like Minoxidil or hair transplants that are safer than tweaking crucial sex hormones.

I took Propecia for about 2-3 months 5 years ago and I stopped specifically because it killed my sex drive. I didn't have any problems actually getting an erection or having sex, its just that the pills made me not want to have sex. I didn't even think about sex, which for me was definitely not normal!

I have been taking Propecia for a little over a year with no side effects at all. However, recently I saw a commercial from local law firm asking to call them if you have taken Propecia and have sexual side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    I have been taking Propecia for a little over a year with no side effects at all. However, recently I saw a commercial from local law firm asking to call them if you have taken Propecia and have sexual side effects.
    the longer term effects are all coming out now, Merck was forced to change its packaging to include permanent sexual side effects lol.

It's always company officials and those with interest who quote the "only 2%" rubbish, remember most of the people who experience side effects dont report it, those figures are highly misleading.