+ Reply to Thread

Default This will sound stupid...but...WATER!

Yes, H20.

How much do you really drink per day? I bet that like me, you just stick your head under the tap whenever you're thirsty, which isn't very often, is it?

Something odd happened today and I figured I'd share. Could be total bollocks but might be worth a shot for some of you. If you follow the TRX2 thread you'll know about how my hairloss is progressing. Anyhow, during the last month, I've been shedding mildly. Could say 20-30 hairs lost per wash.

These last three days, I started consciously consuming 3lts of water per day (Roughly two 1.5lt bottles). It was hard at first, since I had to piss like a camel every ****ing 10 minutes until my body got used to the extra intake. Mind you, 3lts per day is the RDA of water for the average human male. Most of us never come even close to drinking this much water during a normal day. You have to keep the ****ing bottle next to you and consciously drink even when not thirsty.

Result? I just got out of the shower having lost maybe 8-10 hairs. Maybe. I was staring incredulously at my comb and sink. Also, my hair appeared to have more volume and got greasy much slower these past days.

So, whilst I'm not jumping to conclusions or suggesting anything final, if you're in the good fight against hairloss, remember that 25% of your hair IS water and that 60% of your body is water. Hydrate. I'm curious if this thing will continue or if it's just a coincidence my paranoia attributes way too much attention to.

A little above 2lts here (1x2lt bottle plus a glass or two).
    I started drinking that much around the same time I started my total abstinence thing, so you could argue that water is causing what looks like my little regrowth haha :-)
    But keep in mind that first the actual RDA is around 2lts and it is not 2lts of water that you explicitly drink. It's total intake. So water in foods counts too. And most food has tons of water too, especially if you eat fruits etc.
    So while most people might be a little under-hydrated it's not AS bad.

I'm not too bullish on that especially that it's very hard to even make up a nice sounding story on why that would work, but hey, if you think it might work and enjoy drinking water then why not.

Too much water will flush your salts out and isn't that great either.

Hell, maybe this helps hair a bit. But I wouldn't know.

Least your not trying to sell me water!

I've been drinking six 16oz cups of water a day for this whole year, every single day, I don't skip a day. Maybe that's too much. And i've always drank a lot of water to begin with, before this year.

32oz is 1 liter

16oz x 6cups = 96oz.

So I drink 96oz of water a day.

That's exactly 3 liters a day.

Reason I drink this much water is because I was on creatine, you have to drink a massive amount of water while on that stuff. So even though i'm no longer using creatine, I got use to drinking a lot of water and now it's a habit.

Inactive

Ok stop wanking, drink water, play sudoke = full head of hair. Thanks will consider it.

But i have some questions? Do i have to do a hand stand or jump on one leg in a clown suit for it to work?

Inactive

I drink around 2-3L of water every day, sometimes even a little bit more because I'm physically active. I don't notice any difference with my hair fall though.
    Well at least this isn't really a "hair loss treatment".

It's nice though that water is helping you with hair loss.

**** sudoku and abstinence man

Seriously though, I'll keep you posted. Could be a coincidence. Above all, it's ****ing FREE

Actually this is interesting - the only water intake i get is from a few cups of tea per day, and swallowing when i brush my teeth.

Sod it, i'm going to start necking it too, it's free and ya never know - might be of benefit

I'm going to have a good shag later, so stuff the abstinence