+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default NHI results from Acell studies

NHI ACell Update?
    June 27 2011, 2:58 pm PT | Posted in: ACell

Dear Dr. Rassman

You posted on the 5th Nov 2010 that NHI was conducting a study using Acell for hair multiplication. As we are now half way through 2011 I am wondering if you have any updates in regards to the results you’ve experience so far. I’ve heard stuff from Dr. Cooley and Dr. Cole but nothing from yourself so far.

I look forward to your answer.

Regards

I have seen most of the half dozen people that I performed ACell plucking procedures. They averaged 200-300 plucked grafts. Although there was some growth from the plucked hairs, there was just as much growth in the control group as in the ACell treated group. I would conclude from this that I have not replicated the results reported by others.

With regard to the large number of patients where I used ACell in the wounds of strip surgeries, I have seen some value, although I have not called them all back to evaluate their wounds.

For hair multiplication, I am not considering performing more of these procedures until I view the results of others at the upcoming ISHRS meeting in Anchorage, Alaska this September

Inactive

like a baby this guy. and i was right he is an asshat and plucked hairs work.

I bet he is gonna wait to get a drift on how to make it easier for hem or in other words "Just copy the others for less labor time"

Who agrees with me

Dr. Rassman never consulted Dr. Cooley before starting his research. Dr. Cooley had poor results over the first year of his experiment as well, only to find his own techniques to improve his results over time. Dr. Rassman would have done well to consult his peers, but egos do get in the way.

It's a shame Dr. Rassman will likely dampen the enthusiasm for autocloning by using antiquated and uninformed techniques. He will likely blame the product rather than the hands that use it.

Stick with Dr. Cooley. He knows what he's doing and he's honest to a fault.

Inactive

As i said Rassman is the biggest douche in the field he has an Ego which is unbearable.

People can say about Cole what they want, at least he apologized to the hair loss community for his first enraged dismiss of regenerative ideas

Rassman is a ****ing idiot.

Okay so the Acell didnt hit the mark [in this case] but it's good to hear even SOME regrowth from plucked hairs.

Inactive

Hey UK_ do you really believe Rassman would admit Acell to work, this guy is pissed, really pissed because other people were faster and smarter then him again.

He is an idiot and no one will deny this, i can tell you exactly what will happen.

Rassman will do plucking anyhow and then in september if his results are not that good he will ask cooley and hitzig in front of others to make sure that they cant jiggle away.

They will of course tell him how they did it and then Rassman will claim this for himself and charge utopical prices for that, unless you o there for a hair tattoo of course.

You can look at hair site at my thread about being pro active i predicted this kind of stuff and what we have to do to establish a new standrd in hair transplant surgery.

But with this answer, Rassman disqualified himself for me as a surgeon i would go to, for the easy reason because he got hair growth and success with plucked hairs but is not pursuing this anymore. So its clear to me he is a money grabbing asshole who doesnt care about his patients.

Rassman will be like "plucked hair has questionable merit...How about I tattoo your head instead...It's way better anyway."

This is like FUE all over again. He'll say it has no merit then get Dr. Cooley to show him and then go "Huzzah...I have invented Regenerative Tweezer Follicular Unit Extraction. The technique is mine, mine I tells ya."

@Richard - to be honest, from reading Rassman's response, it doesn't seem as though he has put much effort into his plucking procedure:

"oh well errr... yes err.... I had a quick look at the half dozen of my patients and saw some regrowth but errr.... TATTOOOOOO!!!!!!! TATTOOOOOO!!!!!"
    ....I admit people give Rassman far too much praise, and after all this time all he yielded was scalp pigmentation. He plays down all the new developments and his "realest" responses to questions are starting to seem like the annoying disposition of an irritating neg head.

There are far too many developments in the field of bio-medicine bio-tech etc for us to be lumped with scalp pigmentation/FUE and accept the holy grail as an impossible dream; who 100 years ago could have predicted the internet? Search engines? Social Networking? Email? Mobile Phones that can scan for STD's ffs nobody can write off the cure.

It's people like Rassman who stop people from making progress. This guy is so simple minded. Sometimes I'm disgusted by the type of answers he gives in his blog.