+ Reply to Thread

Default I'm Finally Pulling the Trigger on a Hair Transplant

I'm 54 years old, and have had an orange-sized bald spot* on my crown since my early-40s. It hasn't progressed that much since then, so I think it might be safe to finally identify a good doctor and get that spot restored.

My only major concern is that I am reaching an age when few men keep the hair on the front on their head, so it's probable that I may become part of this statistic within the next 5-10 years.

Should this happen, will the doctor, who performs my procedure, offer some sort of insurance (at a cost?) that he'll continue filling in my balding as it progresses, or will I have to pay for multiple procedures as needed?

Will I have enough donor hair for multiple procedures, especially if my doctor fills in my crown with high density?

Now, I need a recommendation for a good practitioner. I live in Brooklyn, NY, and recall members on this forum years ago claiming that 'Dr. Anapelli' was the gold standard in hair transplantation in my area. Is this still the case? All the Google results mentioning his "Anapelli Hair Clinic" are from about a decade ago, so maybe he retired?

Finally, what about cost?

I'm looking to get the latest procedure (FUE?). Back around 2011, the going rate was about $10k. How much damage has inflation done since then?

Thanks.

*I also have some mild thinning on my hairline (just left of center), that has very slowly progressed since my early-30s.
    I also have some general loss of density throughout my head, especially in the middle (between my hairline and crown), but it's not that bad (yet?).