+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Massive Finasteride shed after 1 year?

I was FINALLY making progress. My hair was looking so much better! I was on top of the world with the realization that Finasteride is finally starting to work.

With the last few times I have taken a shower I have noticed MUCH more than normal hair shedding. My hands were covered in hair. After about a week to two weeks of this I noticed my hair is back to looking much thinner. Is there any reason for this? Should I be worried? I have been on Finasteride for a little over a full year now. I was aware of the initial shedding and understood it would happen.

What should I do? I am terrified to even continue to wash my hair with the fear of my hands being filled with hair again. What could have caused this?

Is it possible that I may have acquired a bad batch? Will I be able to regrow anything that I have lost? My hair looks pretty terrible right now and I don't even know how I am going to cope with how it looks right now when it WAS looking GREAT!

Has anyone experienced a shed like this after one year? I am nervous and kind of freaking out.

I appreciate ANY input anyone can give me.

Thank you so much for your time and support,

Adam.

I don't know why but it looks like a lot of guys are experiencing an unusual and sudden shed for some reason. Neither Fin nor Minox ever caused me any noticeable shed. I too have been experiencing a massive shed like never before. It's making my hairline thinner and thinner by the week. Been using both Minox and Fin for a very very long time. I too dread washing my hair now because of the amount of hairs that end up in my hand.

I don't know what to tell you man. We seem to be in the same boat but are helpless about it. I don't know if we'll ever see those shed hairs again.
    God damn this curse.

I think it could be a seasonal shed. Everyone gets one and mine always starts in the summer time. My hair looks a lot thinner in summer and looks thicker in the winter. My best guess would be the same is happening with you guys and yall never noticed since you had always been losing massive amounts of hair before.

Like the guy above me, I was gonna say it's just a normal shed. Isn't the hair cycle something like shedding once a year? Something like telogen phase? which lasts 3 months. I'm not sure, i'm really not well educated in the hair cycle. But I know telogen phase is when you shed 100-200 hairs a day[even a non-MPB sufferer] and it lasts 3 months. So if I were you, I would ride it out.

Hopefully it is just a shed and it comes back. I really hope so.

Do you guys think its possible to have gotten a bad batch? That scares me the most because thats almost 2 months of taking a bad batch of finasteride.

That's what I thought when this shit first started- seasonal shed, but the damn thing hasn't stopped and it's been over 4 or 5 months of continuous shedding. I don't think it is seasonal shed any more. I have never experienced anything like this before.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    That's what I thought when this shit first started- seasonal shed, but the damn thing hasn't stopped and it's been over 4 or 5 months of continuous shedding. I don't think it is seasonal shed any more. I have never experienced anything like this before.
    How long have you been on Finasteride?

I've been of Fin since 98 or 99. Been on Minox even a bit longer. I don't think Fin caused any shedding. Minox did a little but only for a month or even less. I dont know what to tell you, man. I'm in the same boat as you are. Crazy shedding that's left my hairline much thinner. I too hate washing my hair now because of the number of hairs I see on my hands or in the brush after.

I don't think a "bad batch" is a possibility. I'm as clueless as you are. Try Minox if you haven't already.

Default Shedding

I've gotten the same shedding problem over the last 2 months. Seems like it was out of no where. I've wondered about the bad batch theory - I get proscar from QHI and have for several years. No problems until this last batch. Looked the same but apparently came from France and was marked CHIBRET on it. I think this is legit, as CHIBRET is the French branch of MSD, but I don't have any other ideas about what is causing this shed. I've also noticed that while in the past I'd get some vertigo while on proscar, I'm no longer getting that which also leads me to think this batch may not be good.

Anyone who's experienced this shed getting Quality Health proscar?

I just don't see this as a "bad batch" problem. How is that even possible ? It seems a lot of people -who are using Fin- are experiencing some crazy ****ing shed out of nowhere but they're all from different countries. I just don't think the bad batch theory is possible. At the same time this ****ing sudden shed is making me lose my mind. Why is it happening ??? WTF is the cause...??