+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Today I took my last pill for my 3 months initial supply of Propecia, as for tomorrow I'd be starting to take just the generic one.

Side effects I've had the common I guess.
    1. Watery semen
    2. A decrement in sexual attitude.

The first one started after the first month and the second probably after the second month and last for 15-20 days I guess. For a moment I started to think if might stop taking the pill for a few days, but then it just went away. And for the watery semen one week ago I noticed iit changed for good last week, I hope it remains like that.

I just wanted to update my thread.

Well, it's not been a happy story for me. I don't know if it was the change in the pill from Merck's to generic, but the loss of libido came back and it it never disappeared, no mater if I tried with just 1/8 of the 5 mg pill, my libido just was gone and also I felt that something was just not right down there.

I must say in the 4th month my hair seemed to be reacting very good to the treatment, I'd really regained my confidence and was very happy, I even could see myself in a mirror without detecting any spot.

But not only my libido was bad, also my hair started to thin again and so I took the decision of stop taking the pill after 6 months of trying.

Now I'm 2 months out of the pill and in the last day I've seen my hair going worse and worse, I'm seeing the pictures I uploaded in my first post and I can tell from those that I'm worst than then. =(

The only good thing is my libido is coming back, is not the same as before yet but I hope for it.

I really saw results with the pill and I'd like to stay but it seems that I can't handle it.

Sorry to hear, boricotico. That's unfortunate, regarding the sides you experienced.

boricotico:

FYI, shedding at 6 months on finasteride is OK. It doesn't mean the drug is making you go bald, it's more likely weaker hairs being ejected, to be replaced by stronger hairs later on. I would have suggested staying on the medicine for at least a full year to determine its impact on your hair.
    In fact, if your hair got worse after quitting finasteride, that is a sure sign that the drug was working for you.

Sorry to hear about your sexual side effects. If your libido isn't back to normal soon you should look into possible other causes than finasteride.

Default Update. Almost bald after 18 months

Well, here I am after 18 months more or less of my nightmare. I still can't believe how fast this is happening to me.

20 days ago I almost shaved my head and now I have ir very short, but in the past 18 months I've done it 2 times and I can say every time has been worse.

I'm posting a picture from November 2011, that was after 5 months on Propecia. There was a point while being on it that I was very relief and IO thought I was going to be able to fight it and stoped visiting the forum, but due to the side effects I decided to quit in December. Also becayse my wife and I are planning to have a baby and with my loss of libido and the low volume ejaculation it's not going to be possible.

I'm still dealing with the sides so for me it's not a good time righ now. Im going bald and also having sexual problems.

Pictures

1.jpg --- > In November 2011. After 5 months on Propecia.
    2.jpg - 4.jpg ---> This is me as of today.
    5.jpg --> A comparision 9 months ago and today.

Good head shape
    Cut it a little shorter next time.......if you are comfortable
    Then the next time a little shorter again

Don't throw in the towel just yet:

I had good results with FIN but had to stop after 2 years . About 3 months after I stopped I started losing tons of hair and I was sure I was going bald. Well it took about a full year, maybe a little longer but I recovered about 50-60% of the hair than I lost. It was not as much as I had on FIN but still much more than I had pre-FIN. Get on Minox if you are not already on it and give yourself some time to recovery from the FIN. Good luck!

Well is pretty sad, I still can't believe it, all the people I know that are getting bald They've been practically the same for ages, and now in just 18 months I passed from NW1 to maybe NW4, and just from November to this date I, barely 4 months have passed and I went from having a relative good amount of hair to have lose my temples and as Dave says, I now must think in shave my head all the time.