+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hair Restoration - Dublin, Ireland

Hello,

I am at the stage where I will be getting hair restoration soon.

I have been balding since 18. I'm 25 now and my hairline has receded very far and the remaining hair on the top of my head is very thin.

My brother and father both have the same hair loss pattern at my age.

There are two main hair restoration clinics in Dublin, Ireland. I am not sure how to compare the quality of the work. I am willing to pay up to €15,000 to hopefully have a full head of hair in one year.

I am also willing to travel to the United Kingdom for the operation as there will be a lot of top surgeons especially in London.

I am hoping someone would be able to tell me what the reputation of the two Dublin clinics are like or help me to make sense of the information on their website.

Their websites are:

http://www.hairtransplantsurgery.ie/

http://www.ailesburyhairclinic.com

If anybody can recommend a London surgeon that I can visit that would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

I recommend that you do alot more research. If you expereinced that much hairloss and noticing it at 18, then undoubtedly you are headed for an advanced class of hairloss. Are you on finasteride?

You may not want to even get started on HT surgery. But first look into slowing down your hairloss with effective hairloss meds.

Surgery is the worst thing for you to be comtemplating right now.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hair Restoration Blackrock which is the first one are a very good reputable outfit but very expensive. I would not advise Ailesbury clinic because it's basically DHI. Rather than considering London you should look into options in Belgium such as Dr. Bijan Feriduni who has an excellent reputation or have a look at some of the top doctors in the US and Canada. You can't do enough research.

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    I recommend that you do alot more research. If you expereinced that much hairloss and noticing it at 18, then undoubtedly you are headed for an advanced class of hairloss. Are you on finasteride?

You may not want to even get started on HT surgery. But first look into slowing down your hairloss with effective hairloss meds.
    I think you misunderstood me. I am 25 now and started to lose hair gradually from 18.

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Surgery is the worst thing for you to be comtemplating right now.
    Why?

Hi Irish Hair,

I’m also from Dublin.

This website is full of information, so your off to a good start.

I started my research about six months ago and only now iv decided which surgeon to go with. You need to do as much research as possible. Don’t jump in. There’s allot of horror stories out there.

I recommend you forget about the Irish clinics and go overseas. If you want to stay close to home look at,

Dr. Bessam Farjo and Dr. Nilofer Farjo. Manchester,

Dr. Feriduni. Belgium

Dr. Jean Devroye. Belgium

Dr Christian Bisanga. Belgium

If your not meds yet you should start.

The research I'm doing is making me realise how complicated it is.

Firstly it seems that the best options are in the US and Canada. I am willing to travel to get the job done right.

I'm not really sure how to compare surgeons yet to get the job done correctly but there are two surgeons that seem to be mentioned regularly on the forums:

http://www.hassonandwong.com/ (Vancouver)

http://www.fellermedical.com/ (New York)

Also I was under the impression that I got the surgery done and a few months later I had a full head of hair.

Do I have to take medications and what is the usual course?

Thanks for any advice, as ye know its a minefield of information out there.

Well done on the research. You've narrowed it down to the best of the best there. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. Do keep us updated if you have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishHair View Post
    I think you misunderstood me. I am 25 now and started to lose hair gradually from 18.

Why?

No my friend, I did not misunderstand you. I realize that you are 25 at present. Listen, every man I have talked to in the past 31 years and also had that much hairloss starting at 18 years old, regretted starting HT surgery.

Why? Because they all ended up at Norwood class 7 eventually and wished they never even started HT surgery. I have yet to meet one who did not regret it. And they all had class 7s in their family histories somewhere so although they knew they were headed that direction, they were desperate and went ahead and still started HTs in their early 20s.

They all began to chase their continuing hairloss with more surgery until they ran out of donor. Now what?

That is why I said what I did friend. I am trying to save you from a living nightmare down the road as you get older into 30 and 40 something and you continue to lose hair.

None of us have that much donor to cover that much hairloss in the advanced classes.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Do not rush into anything, step back and initially understand the process.

Hair loss is progressive so you need to put appropriate measures in place to help prevent further loss. This is a good starting point to initially stabilise your loss and research in the meantime. Once you are confident you have your loss under control (12+ months minimum ideally longer)and only then consider Ht's if you feel you still need to improve upon your situation.

You need to not just rush into this - get educated and informed on HT's, the process, the techniques, the recovery, the healing time, the growth times, the scaring, the need for continued work, etc etc etc etc.

This is a LONG term decision, not a short term one.

Research , Research, Research.

If you wish feel free to email me pictures of your current situation as i am happy to obtain both Dr Lindseys and Dr Fellers opinion for you.

Regards
    SPEX
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Thanks for the answers so far.

Spex, I have emailed you some pictures.

I would appreciate any decent links that would explain the need for continued work and also more information about what medications I will have to take after the surgery and will I have to continue to take this medication as long as I want to retain my hair?