+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    1. Thank you for replying, Dr. Cooley. How soon after the conference in fall, 2011, can we (i.e., folk in this forum) expect to read what was shared?

2. If I am correct in understanding, then, this patient has now received 3,400 grafts, all from plucking — no F.U.E. or strip-harvesting. Is this correct?

3. Was ACell applied to this patient's donor area or recipient recipient area, or to both?

Again, thanks.
    Hairtalk maybe I can answer this for you.

1. I would assume, like last year, that Cooley will post his presentation on BTT for all to see.

2. If you read again what he wrote, you'll clearly see that they are all plucked hairs. He says they are plucked. He also said the patient didn't want FUT or FUE.

3. I don't think Dr. Cooley would apply Acell to the donor since he's only plucking hairs and there's no doubt they grow back.

Looks good. Just wonder how much such a difficult and time-consuming procedure costs. Any one know how much is it per plucked hair.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Looks good. Just wonder how much such a difficult and time-consuming procedure costs. Any one know how much is it per plucked hair.
    I'd think it would be at least significantly less than F.U.E., let alone strip-harvesting. With plucking, one would avoid the laboriousness of carefully extracting individual follicular units (as in F.U.E.), and of dissecting grafts under a microscope (as with strip-harvesting). Still technicians could be used to do the plucking, and to assemble the necessary "follicle groupings," but, altogether, I believe the process should be faster and cheaper than F.U.E. or F.U.T.

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie1985 View Post
    3. I don't think Dr. Cooley would apply Acell to the donor since he's only plucking hairs and there's no doubt they grow back.
    Well, let's not go down that (Dr. Cole's) road again, here, but I still would like to know whether Dr. Cooley used ACell in the donor/plucked areas.

Well, let's not go down that (Dr. Cole's) road again, here, but I still would like to know whether Dr. Cooley used ACell in the donor/plucked areas.
    I believe he did, think he said so in his post.

I'd think it would be at least significantly less than F.U.E., let alone strip-harvesting. With plucking, one would avoid the laboriousness of carefully extracting individual follicular units (as in F.U.E.), and of dissecting grafts under a microscope (as with strip-harvesting). Still technicians could be used to do the plucking, and to assemble the necessary "follicle groupings," but, altogether, I believe the process should be faster and cheaper than F.U.E. or F.U.T.
    Do these hairs get plucked from the beard and mustache? And to do this procedure do you have to go to Dr Cooley with a face full of beard?

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Do these hairs get plucked from the beard and mustache? And to do this procedure do you have to go to Dr Cooley with a face full of beard?
    I believe Dr. Cooley experimented with beard-plucks, earlier, but found the results to be mediocre. I'm quite sure the plucked donations of these patient were taken from the back of his scalp.

I believe Dr. Cooley experimented with beard-plucks, earlier, but found the results to be mediocre. I'm quite sure the plucked donations of these patient were taken from the back of his scalp.
    Okay this is new to me, thanks.

So now instead of scarring your back or doing all of that strip stuff they use to do, they're doing plucking form the back. That's pretty cool. I thought they were doing plucking from the beard.

So you think that this will cost less than FUE and FUT?

What I don't get is, if it's plucked hairs that are being put on your front and top, how are these hairs going to keep growing healthy and thick? Like it's only the hair follicle that is being placed there, how is it going to keep growing. Is there something i'm missing here? I know for FUE and FUT they take more than just the hair follicle.

Sorry for the stupid question, i'm new to this. And how much longer for this to actually be out in the market? Or does Dr Cooley do this already. It sounds interesting.

Well to make you sound less stupid I wanna know what exactly is plucking?

This sounds exciting but do we have a reason to be excited or is this gonna be another let down? So far so good but there is always something that ****s everything up. I'm not too sure but didn't someone -maybe a doctor- say plucking didn't work ?