+ Reply to Thread

Default anybody use dr wolf?

Has anyone heard of any feedback from dr wolf in ohio? if u have any pics would ove to see

Hey man I've never actually posted on here before, but I've been a reader on the site for many years. I'm a 28 year old guy with diffuse thinning, and I had a 1,300 fue with Dr. Wolf about 2 years ago. He focused on the area right behind my hairline up to mid-scalp.

He's a really nice guy, keeps your relaxed, and I feel like he did some nice work. While my hair definitely looks better its not quite as thick as I would have liked. However, Dr. Wolf told me up before the procedure that due to my thin hair characteristic and the relatively small number of grafts, the end result probably wouldn't be super dense. Overall though, I feel that its an improvement, he's very honest, ethical, not looking to rip anyone off, and he did some nice work.

The only negative's I would say, are that he seems reluctant to try any new technology (I called his clinic asking if he was looking into or utilizing PRP or Acell and I was met with a very stern "no", but this seems to be the case with many surgeons.) Also, his main technician placed the majority of the grafts, and there was a pretty good amount of time between when the grafts were extracted and when they were reinserted. I'm not sure if either of those facts really matter, but they did make me a little uneasy.

I'll try to post some pics up soon that you can take a look at.

I was looking into Wolf's clinic back in fall 2009. He is right across town from me. I sent an e-mail to the clinic and received a reply that he was taking a "leave of absence" from work. Although, he might have returned by now.
    Either way, I ended up going with Dr. Robert Haber in Cleveland. He did around 2500 grafts and I am very happy with my results. You can see before and after pics in one of my past posts.

Yeah Dr. Wolf had injured his back just before I went in for my procedure. It actually delayed my surgery a few months. Then when I called for my 1 year followup, he had injured it again. I've actually never been back for him to look at my results.

I've seen some really impressive results on this site from Dr. Haber. I don’t see anything from Dr. Wolf and he doesn't seem to be very well known. I’m surprised jeffo5422 wasn’t sent to someone else for your follow up.

At the time Dr. Wolf was considered a top fue doc and was/is pretty well respected. Believe me, I spent literally years researching transplants before I went through with one. Its true though that you don't see a lot of his patients posting results online. I'm not sure why that is.

They did say that I could follow up with his associate doctor, but its a 3.5 hour drive from my house to his clinic, so I just never went.

I contacted Hitzig around January, and I think my next move is to try either injections or injections and transplant with Acell. I'm having trouble getting in touch with him these days though. Tried emailing and the contact form on Prasad's website, but no one has responded.

Here are my before/post op/and 2 years out pics. I definitely feel like there's improvement, and I'm happy with my hairline and appearance from the front. I am even ok with the amount of thinning in the midscalp, but its that damn crown pic that still makes me sick. I tried to recreate the lighting conditions as much as I could, but its difficult. My hair is a little damp in the current pics so that makes them look a bit worse than usual, and I will say that my hair looks much better in person than in a photograph.

With the limit number of grafts and fine hair, I think Dr. Wolf did a very good job with the transplant, but I'd love to hear any opinions you guys have. This is my first time posting any pics online so don't be too brutal lol.

Hope this helps anyone considering Dr. Wolf.

Front Before
    Attachment 10163

Top Before
    Attachment 10164

Crown Before
    Attachment 10165

Donor Post Op
    Attachment 10166

Recipient Post Op
    Attachment 10167

Front 2 Years Post Op
    Attachment 10168

Top 2 Years Post Op
    Attachment 10169

Crown 2 Years Post Op
    Attachment 10170

The hair transplant looks good, not WOW, but good and Dr. Wolfs work on the donor looks good too, but I question why he placed each graft so far apart? There is a nice improvement though, so you can feel good about that. How much did that cost you?

Thanks! Its easy to focus on the negative when you look in the mirror, but once I pull out those before pics I'm reminded of how much better it is.

I think he placed the grafts that far apart to cover as much as he could with a relatively small procedure of 1300 grafts. I went with FUE and didn't go for a huge number of grafts because it was my first transplant and I considered it kind of a trial run to see how everything would go. In hindsight, it might have been better to have went for a strip surgery and tried for as many grafts as I could, but who knows. My thinking was that if it ended up being a terrible mistake I would have wasted a good strip of donor hair, blown a ton of money, and I would be stuck with an ear to ear scar. I think the whole thing ended up being a little of $7000. He actually threw in a few extra grafts for free.

My approach to hair transplantation was to fight it little by littler over time as opposed to waiting until I was a norwood 6 or 7 and getting one big transplant. I know there are very different opinions on that topic. I felt like if I could improve it some and enjoy it while I'm younger while still being conservative with my transplant, then I'd go for it.