+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Astressin B Test Update

This one is being discussed elsewhere.....

http://www.hairloss-research.com/hai...h/astressin-b/
    Last edited by PaulC; 06-22-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: typo

I ain't impressed in the slightest until they start testing on humans. You have so many scientists who make a living testing on mice but never do a damn thing to benefit humans. At least it looks like they're trying to develop this drug for humans though.

This means nothing to us who deal with MPB. Genetic disorder. This is only for stress, am I right?

Maxime June 22, 2011 at 7:39 am

You guys are honestly wasting your time. Mouse hair phases are not even the same as humans … and this would only treat hairloss due to massive amount of stress (which can be naturally cured by the way).

This simply can’t cure GENETIC MALE/FEMALE PATTERN BALDNESS.
    FDA approval would take 5 to 10 years to complete … so people, don’t put too much faith into this. It’s just one of the THOUSAND of ”potential cures” researchers have been promising us over the years and it’s gonna fail like the rest.

admin June 22, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Maxime, thank you for your comment, but obviously I cannot agree with you.

The fact that our subject’s hair phases are not an exact replication of the Human’s hair growth cycle has absolutely nothing to do with the potential efficiency of the compound we are researching as a future treatment.

Secondly, and as previously stated, contrary to the studies that have already been conducted our subjects have not been tampered with, and have not been subjected to any kind of external factor that could have induced stress. Furthermore some of these mice have been born with Alopecia, which might provide an indication that the compound is also effective in treating genetic conditions that lead to hairloss.

Finally, without any disrespect, your line of thought will not lead to anything positive or productive, if you strongly believe this condition is incurable, this blog isn’t for you.

That's an answer.

They've just discoeverd it - lol even if they had just discovered it in 1997 we would still be in trial stages.

I'm so sick of hearing about mice trials. Yes, we know astressin-b regrows hair on mice. How soon could this be tested on humans or at least macaques?

I'd even offer myself as a test subject. How dangerous can this stuff be? It's not like any of the mice died. If I could get my hands on some of this stuff I'd try it, but I have no idea how to store it or inject or what dosage to use.

Amen to that, Thinning@30. If scientists tested even half of the stuff on humans that they do on mice, then we might actually have a cure by now. Instead though, they only test them on mice and we're left with horseshit like 'all natural' shampoos.

I know someone who sell this stuff and it cost 1300$ for 5 mg.
    At that price, I doubt you still want some.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    If scientists tested even half of the stuff on humans that they do on mice, then we might actually have a cure by now.
    If scientists tested even half of the stuff on humans that they do on mice, most of them would be out of jobs (or in prison).

I know someone who sell this stuff and it cost 1300$ for 5 mg.
    At that price, I doubt you still want some.
    At this point, I'm crazy and desperate enough that $1300 doesn't seem so bad. Nonetheless, I don't have a scientific or medical background, so even if I could get my hands on this stuff, I wouldn't know how to handle it, or what exactly to do with it.