Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulC
    • Nov 2010

Preliminary Report -(Final Report) due

Excellent news from the hairloss-research.com team...with the possiblility of human trials

And don't forget that Spectral.F7 from DS Labs should be available at the end of the month.

Comment

• Pate
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by PaulC
      Excellent news from the hairloss-research.com team...with the possiblility of human trials

And don't forget that Spectral.F7 from DS Labs should be available at the end of the month.
      Well, that certainly seems to settle the question of how well it works on stressed mice... and I have read there is at least some theoretical reason to hope it will work on MPB in humans, though I didn't pay enough attention to it to fully understand what that reason is, something to do with cortisol being implicated in MPB. But we know DHT is the main culprit and there's no suggestion of Astressin-b working on that so I suspect it's only an outside chance of success.

But roll on the human trials. If someone wants to pay for a Phase I/II human trial I won't complain.

Comment

• PaulC
        • Nov 2010

Spectral-DNC-N

This is the first place that i have found to is selling Spectral-DNC-N
        I presume that they have stocks.

Shop for professional hair care products, hair styling tools, hair loss treatments, hair removal, skin care and makeup cosmetics at Fabove.ca, Canada's premier beauty store. Free shipping in Canada and USA.

They are also taking pre-orders for Spectral.F7 for shipping 31/10

Comment

• bmartin1134
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Pate
          Well, that certainly seems to settle the question of how well it works on stressed mice... and I have read there is at least some theoretical reason to hope it will work on MPB in humans, though I didn't pay enough attention to it to fully understand what that reason is, something to do with cortisol being implicated in MPB. But we know DHT is the main culprit and there's no suggestion of Astressin-b working on that so I suspect it's only an outside chance of success.

But roll on the human trials. If someone wants to pay for a Phase I/II human trial I won't complain.
          Cortisol is a major cause of the inflammation response. Prolonged inflammation leads to cellular death. If DHT is causing inflammation of the hair follicle which is leading to MPB then you have two choices. Either block the DHT or block the inflammation response. DHT may actually be a necessary component to healthy hair growth. It may be why minox treatment usually produces thinner hair.

Comment

• Pate
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by bmartin1134
            Cortisol is a major cause of the inflammation response. Prolonged inflammation leads to cellular death. If DHT is causing inflammation of the hair follicle which is leading to MPB then you have two choices. Either block the DHT or block the inflammation response. DHT may actually be a necessary component to healthy hair growth. It may be why minox treatment usually produces thinner hair.
            Great - thanks for the info! Makes perfect sense actually. I feel far more confident having read that and will definitely be eagerly awaiting the human trials.

I'm not so confident in the topical formulation like Spectral.F7 but you never know.

Comment

• thechamp
              • Jan 2011

So whos going to try

Spectral f7 any one trying it

Comment

• PaulC
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by thechamp
                Spectral f7 any one trying it
                Pre-orders are supposed to be despatched today 31/10/2011. So those who have pre-ordered could be receiving it this week.

Talking about reviews. I have not seen any reviews of DS Labs Spectral-DNC-N, which is the product with Nanoxidil not Minoxidil and has been available for a month or two. Its strange because this product was supposed revolutionary but we hear nothing about it.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by PaulC
                  Pre-orders are supposed to be despatched today 31/10/2011. So those who have pre-ordered could be receiving it this week.

Talking about reviews. I have not seen any reviews of DS Labs Spectral-DNC-N, which is the product with Nanoxidil not Minoxidil and has been available for a month or two. Its strange because this product was supposed revolutionary but we hear nothing about it.

maybe some of the TRX2 folk can transfer over to this? if they don't plan to already....

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by bmartin1134
                    I think the inflammation theory is true. I feel as if I've itched the hair out of my scalp over the years. My hairline is always itchy and the itch moves back as my hairline has moved back.

is this spectral-7 shit for real? The producer seems suspect.

Comment

• AgainstThis
                      • Jan 2011

Guys, Spectral-DNC has been around for ages and used successfully by a lot of the folks over at our Greek forum (hairlossgr.com).

This new version is the same, plus the astressin lotion/ingredient. Do not expect miracles from this since the end results are very similar to your generic minox. If minox works for you, great, get this as a replacement, it's basically the same stuff, only enhanced.

It doesn't get you out of the old lotion on, lotion off routine that comes with minox though. A good alternative for existing users, but nothing to get excited about.

PS It is ADVERTISED as revolutionary but is anything but. At least, minoxidil has proven it's efficacy in most cases, unlike that TRX2 drivel.

Comment

• Jcm800
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                        maybe some of the TRX2 folk can transfer over to this? if they don't plan to already....
                        Think I'll let you try this one first

Comment

• PaulC
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by AgainstThis
                          Guys, Spectral-DNC has been around for ages and used successfully by a lot of the folks over at our Greek forum (hairlossgr.com).

This new version is the same, plus the astressin lotion/ingredient. Do not expect miracles from this since the end results are very similar to your generic minox. If minox works for you, great, get this as a replacement, it's basically the same stuff, only enhanced.

It doesn't get you out of the old lotion on, lotion off routine that comes with minox though. A good alternative for existing users, but nothing to get excited about.

PS It is ADVERTISED as revolutionary but is anything but. At least, minoxidil has proven it's efficacy in most cases, unlike that TRX2 drivel.
                          The DS Labs Spectral-DNC range has been around for sometime that is true.
                          However, I am referring to the latest addition to that range, Spectral-DNC-N which includes thier new development Nanoxidil, a potential future replacement for Minoxidil. This has only been on the market for a couple of weeks. It does not contain Astressin-B or Minoxidil.

Spectral.F7 does contain Astressin-B but not Nanoxidil or Minoxidil.

Comment

• doke
                            • Jun 2009

hi i have two bottles of nanoxidil on order hope to receive them sometime this week spectral n £25 or two for £48

Comment

• bmartin1134
                              • Oct 2011

Question. What is nanoxidil? I have been trying to find the chemical formula or CAS number for this compound but it doesn't seem to exist. Nor did I see a patent for it but I did see a trademark registration for it. Is it just nano encapsulated minox? If so, then that is just downright gimmicky.

I have an idea lets mix some lecithin and minox together in water and set it on top of a speaker and play really high pitched music for an hour.

Comment

• doke
                                • Jun 2009

hi i think you have to forget minoxidil as we know is a drug and nanoxidil i beleave to be a natural product as it does not require fda clearence.
                                So would ds labs tell us where or what this agent came from im not sure as it would be copied if it does work that is,and for me i could not care less about that if it regrows hair better than minoxidil with less sides.
                                It states that it is a new molecule that is designed to stimulate follicles at the vertex of the scalp and surpass minox for efficacy and tolerability.
                                As to the latter i have already seen a post of someone that had headaches with this new product which i think maybe down to the nicotinamide as i had the same with kevis and other topicals containing it as it macks the scalp red as well for a while after application.
                                Anyway ds says that the complex matrix that opens ions channels within the cells and other mumbo jumbo so i will be trying it and it either works or it dosent as i see it simples.

Comment

Working...