+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

I'm sure we will hear from others eventually, as I type this message I am sure there is someone out there making their own evaluations on the product, weather they post here or not is perhaps dependent on the welcome they receive, I have seen many new members on many boards get grilled for their input at an early stage of their board life so our hostile attitudes may be at fault here.

Yep and I am aware that this is my second post here.

Default So is this Turing out to be another trx2

All hype but nothing

Relevant review from amazon.com

According to the website, Spectral.F7 "contains 15 parts per million or 0.015g/L of astressin-B in solution". Astressin-B is the "working" ingredient. It goes further to state, "it contains no solvents other than water". Therefore, there are only two ingrediants - water and astressin-B.

So lets put this into perspective:

For the comparison, lets use a Liter of Coke.

1L = 1000ML, so there are 1,000 Millileters in a liter.
    1ML = 1g
    1g = 5 "drops"
    1 drop = 0.20g

Therefore, in looking at the .015g/L of astressin-B per liter of water in this solution, we have to compare the .015g to 0.20g (one drop). We will call the outcome "baby drops".

0.20g (one drop) = 13.33 baby drops

Now, lets put this together. Fill up a liter of coke with water. Next, take one drop of water, divide that into 13 baby drops, take one of those baby drops and put it into the liter of water you made. Thats how much astressin-B is in this solution. The solution is made up of 99.9985% water and .0015% of astressin-B.

I understand that may be all it takes, but I just thought I would point out why it looks, smells, and sprays like water (as the other reviewer stated).
    Combine this with the notion that Astressin-B cannot be absorbed topically, and there's your answer regarding efficacy of this treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Relevant review from amazon.com

Combine this with the notion that Astressin-B cannot be absorbed topically, and there's your answer regarding efficacy of this treatment.
    things dont look good. I guess this is how they produce it so cheap. Although to be fair, each bottle is much less than one liter

also, it has a very distinct smell that makes it hard for me to believe its only water and a micro drop of asstressin b

but again, those are some pretty disheartening statistics

In regards to Spectral.F7 I read this interesting post on another forum and thought it definitely worth sharing (I'd like to add that I don't know if his science is accurate but it seems well educated and plausible to me) :

Quote Originally Posted by Bmartin1134

This is the reason why cortisol levels and hair shedding/loss are intertwined.

Cortisol(Corticosteroids) blocks cellular differentiation.

So, the reason we experience hair loss is because cortisol response from the DHT sensitivity eventually halts our hair stem cells from differentiating into the hair follicle matrix. At the same time the hair follicle matrix which produces the keratinized portion of the hair, is susceptible as well. Therefore over time as cortisol levels increase and begin to saturate the matrix the hair matrix itself begins to get smaller and thinner, then the matrix is unable to build a thick healthy follicle.

Second, nano lipid encapsulation does actually work very well for large molecule chemicals; > 1000g/mol.

Third, after the cortisol is removed the cellular differentiation is immediately resumed.

Forth, each person has a different threshold for DHT sensitivity and will incur a different cortisol response level. Some people may have a high DHT response that highly increases cortisol while others may have a very low DHT response with very minor cortisol increases. Therefore, some people may need to drop the cortisol by a large margin while other people may need to drop it only slightly.

So, in a true setting; not spectral F7. You would have a pure source of astressin-b encapsulated with nano lipids. Then you would apply that as much as needed to reduce your specific cortisol response to as low as possible.

The goal isn't to get past the skin barrier. Delivery is targeted directly to the hair follicle and the surrounding epithelial cells.
    It's not quite an endoresment of F7 and I don't think the original poster has anything to do do with dslabs, but he is the author of a blog called "Homemade Hair Regrowth".

I'd just like to quote a little more of what he said on nano encapsulation as I found it quite interesting:

Quote Originally Posted by Bmartin1134

Basically they use the same fat the makes up our cells membrane. They mix this into a solution containing whichever compound you want to encapsulate. Take that mixture and subject it to high frequency vibrations. The fat then clumps together into very small spheres which gives you basic lipid encapsulation. Nano sized lipid encapsulation I believe requires hypersonic vibrations or something like that.

I believe they use phosphitydlcholine as the fat.

Anyways, our cells want the fat for their membranes so they start absorbing the fat into themselves and as they do that the mixed in ingredients are absorbed as well. Picture two air bubbles in water combining it's similar to that.

So with the hair treatment the nano encapsulated product should get absorbed into the hair follicles where it is then absorbed into the cell.

So that's how it works, generally.
    Basically it's renewed my curiosity in this product and made me think it might not be the b/s I thought it was.

.....I'm still not going to buy F7 until I see any evidence of it working though.

Default If it does work

Its going to take a long time to get results

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    In regards to Spectral.F7 I read this interesting post on another forum and thought it definitely worth sharing (I'd like to add that I don't know if his science is accurate but it seems well educated and plausible to me) :

It's not quite an endoresment of F7 and I don't think the original poster has anything to do do with dslabs, but he is the author of a blog called "Homemade Hair Regrowth".

I'd just like to quote a little more of what he said on nano encapsulation as I found it quite interesting:

Basically it's renewed my curiosity in this product and made me think it might not be the b/s I thought it was.

.....I'm still not going to buy F7 until I see any evidence of it working though.

we should ask the guy from this post about the other guy's post talking about the small amount of astressinb

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    we should ask the guy from this post about the other guy's post talking about the small amount of astressinb
    Other than blocking the corticotropin release factor, the full effects of the astressin-b are unknown.

From other experiences I can say that synthetic compounds tend to have half lives orders of magnitudes greater than their recombinant forms. For example, IGF-lr3 has a half life of like 4 hours while IGF is 15 mins. That being said I am not sure if Astr.B is recombinant or not; I think it is synthetic.

Anyways, hairloss is a collection of multiple genetic traits, so each person would respond differently. Until clinical trials are performed it is difficult to establish a statistically acceptable dosage.

In regards to the ds labs, I can only guess. I believe however that the drugs effects are cumulative though, so it may build up over time to become a great enough dosage to be effective.

What gets me really excited about this is the fact that the final version of this product(not dslabs) may only need to be applied once every 1-3 months which would be awesome compared to minox.

Women can have their deprovera and we can have our Astr-B.

Last note, don't get it into your head that you are going to just magically sprout hairs. Hair follicles are very reliant on their neighbor hairs. So while in 4-5 months you will have more hair, it will likely take another 8-12 months to fully rebuild a bald spot. Sorry, but regenerative medicine is much slower that repairing medicine.

I make no specific claims or endorsements of any product and these are only my opinions.

Thanks!

hey bmartin1134 r u trying spectral f7

Quote Originally Posted by antman View Post
    hey bmartin1134 r u trying spectral f7
    No, I am doing my own thing.