+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    Hey, it wouldn't surprise me. Now that Follica seems to be going ahead with a Lithium gel to stimulate WNT pathways, the doors to more bizarre treatments are wide open.
    After reading this article your comment seems right on the money.

Check out in particular the last sentence of the abstract.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12601527

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Sounds interesting. So when do the trials start ? I don't know. This is like the one millionth and one product that seems to work on mice. It looks like everything works on mice but the same, unfortunately, cannot be said about humans. Only if we were as lucky as mice.
    Must be good living in the mouse world. There are probably no mice with MPB since every hair loss treatment works on them, even TRX2. They probably have their own hair loss forum where they ridicule us because nothing really works on us. When you see a mouse, he was probably just trying to take pics of you to post it on a mouse hair loss forum to make fun you with his other mouse friends who have a full head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Must be good living in the mouse world. There are probably no mice with MPB since every hair loss treatment works on them, even TRX2. They probably have their own hair loss forum where they ridicule us because nothing really works on us. When you see a mouse, he was probably just trying to take pics of you to post it on a mouse hair loss forum to make fun you with his other mouse friends who have a full head of hair.
    exactly!

these companies are a joke like some doctors too.

NO gel? made of what L-Arginine an amino acid, ok I have been using it for awhile and it does NADA!

Good luck ripping people off

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 4000 View Post
    exactly!

these companies are a joke like some doctors too.

NO gel? made of what L-Arginine an amino acid, ok I have been using it for awhile and it does NADA!

Good luck ripping people off
    Lol aren't these bodybuilding supplements that bodybuilders all over the world take on a daily basis, and they still go bald? I have an account in bodybuilding dot com and i'm pretty sure i've seen all of these supplements you mentioned there.

Next they will try to sell Creatine Monohydrate gel, to regrow hair.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Lol aren't these bodybuilding supplements that bodybuilders all over the world take on a daily basis, and they still go bald? I have an account in bodybuilding dot com and i'm pretty sure i've seen all of these supplements you mentioned there.

Next they will try to sell Creatine Monohydrate gel, to regrow hair.
    LOL

Creatine Monohydrate - it brings oxygen transported through the blood to the hair shaft and the hair becomes stronger, lol

what a joke!!!!

Scam artist are everywhere,

According to wikipedia, minoxidil contains nitric oxide, and this is conjectured to part of its mechanism of action.

Since these are official clinical trials, I'm not going to denounce this off the bat as a scam. If it were an outright scam, the people selling this wouldn't bother with clinical trials, but would sell it to us anyway with no photographs, hair counts, or other measures of efficacy, but would claim it was some miracle treatment that was being suppresed by big pharma.

What I want to know is what would be the delivery mechanism, i.e. oral, topical, scalp injection, etc., and what is the expected efficacy?

Must be good living in the mouse world. There are probably no mice with MPB since every hair loss treatment works on them, even TRX2
    I understand the frustration, but for the record, mice don't ever get MPB. Pattern baldness is limited to humans and a handful of other primates. This is why so many mouse cures don't work for us. The mechanisms behind human and mouse hair loss are different. The researchers really ought to skip mice trials and test their stuff on stump-tailed macaques.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    According to wikipedia, minoxidil contains nitric oxide, and this is conjectured to part of its mechanism of action.

Since these are official clinical trials, I'm not going to denounce this off the bat as a scam. If it were an outright scam, the people selling this wouldn't bother with clinical trials, but would sell it to us anyway with no photographs, hair counts, or other measures of efficacy, but would claim it was some miracle treatment that was being suppresed by big pharma.

What I want to know is what would be the delivery mechanism, i.e. oral, topical, scalp injection, etc., and what is the expected efficacy?

I understand the frustration, but for the record, mice don't ever get MPB. Pattern baldness is limited to humans and a handful of other primates. This is why so many mouse cures don't work for us. The mechanisms behind human and mouse hair loss are different. The researchers really ought to skip mice trials and test their stuff on stump-tailed macaques.
    Mice get MPB. It's called Mice Pattern Baldness.

Minox might contain elements of nitric oxide but this article is CLAIMING their compound grew new hair follicles - now either there is something we are missing regarding their formula or this trial was a load of bullshit.

Inactive

I am open for everything if it has nothing to do with stop spanking the monkey :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post

Hi the stump tail macaques and others in the monkey family suffer mpb,so thats what they should be testing on.
    I think the Latisse topical was on stump tailed monkeys and it did regrow there hair?