+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face 2000 grafts with Dr. Fisher in Nashville, TN

So, I had my surgery yesterday with Dr. Fisher in Nashville. The procedure went very well. His office and staff were very nice and comforting! I went to my followup this morning after a rough night last night trying to maintain a comfortable position that didn't hurt my scalp. He said everything looks good, and gave me instructions on how to wash my hair when I got home this evening. I washed my hair a few hours ago with no problem, used baby shampoo..there was no burning or stinging surprisingly. I am being very careful to not let my donor site touch anything because it is very sore, even with the pain mess...

How long will this pain at the donor site last? Also my head feels tight when I turn it in either direction..how long for that to go away? I feel no pain at the recipient sites at all, but have had a few itches..

I will post some pics soon

Default Pictures Before

Pre-op pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image (2).jpg

Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	10150   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (4).jpg

Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	10151   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	10152  

Default Day 1 post op

Day 1 post op pics..the evening of...
    >1500 grafts in crown area
    500 grafts up front,, 250 each side

Name:	IMG_1886.jpg

Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	10153   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1889.jpg

Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	10154   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1888 - Copy.JPG

Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	10155  

Default Day 2 post op

Day 2 post of...after washing for first time with baby shampoo...got the shampoo really soapy in hands and just patted it over the grafts gently..then rinse with water poured out of a cup slowly...Felt a alot better after being washed...

Name:	IMG_1903.jpg

Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	10156   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1905.jpg

Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	10157   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1898.jpg

Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	10158  

Default Day 4

Well, today is day 4 post op. I am pleased to say that most of the pain is gone. I slept great the past two nights with no worry about disrupting my grafts. I have been having a slight headache, and also still have soreness on each end of my sutures of my donor site. I also still have some tightness and numbness when I turn my head in either way. Today was the third washing of my hair, and I can not wait to be able to take a real shower and wash it regularly. Right now my biggest concern is ITCHING. I am itching at my recepient sites. I guess my body is wanting these scabs off. I am being cautious and doing everything that I can to not itch them. Any one have any tips for itchiness? I am using baby shampoo and washing daily by just patting the shampoo on my sites, and rinsing with a cup. Here are my day 4 pics after washing..

Name:	4-1.jpg

Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	10171   Click image for larger version

Name:	4-2.jpg

Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	10172   Click image for larger version

Name:	4-3.jpg

Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	10173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day4.jpg

Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	10174  

Thumbs up Day 5

Today is day 5 post op, and I am feeling really good today...barely any pain and the tightness is getting better at the donor site...my scalp was really itchy yesterday, but it is better today. I am about to wash it again...this seems to be the exciting thing each day. LoL...I love the feeling of getting some more of these scabs off, and it feels good to have a clean head...can't wait until after one more day and I can shower it regularly on day 7... The only discomfort on today is soreness at the donor site, especially when it touches anything, but the pain is not unbearable

Default Itch

Hey,
    I just had my FUT 5 days ago in Atlanta and no problems like pain except for the stiffness at the sutured area and mild tenderness which is really bearable.But the itch started yesterday and I just do not know what to do with it.It was unbearable last night and it is still pretty much the same.I am scared of scratching my head.it is keeping me awake during nights as well.Does the Graftcyte post transplant shampoo really work?if not,pls let me know what could be done.I will appreciate it.I hope going through all this pain is finally worthy.
    ThankYou.

Quote Originally Posted by georgian View Post
    Hey,
    I just had my FUT 5 days ago in Atlanta and no problems like pain except for the stiffness at the sutured area and mild tenderness which is really bearable.But the itch started yesterday and I just do not know what to do with it.It was unbearable last night and it is still pretty much the same.I am scared of scratching my head.it is keeping me awake during nights as well.Does the Graftcyte post transplant shampoo really work?if not,pls let me know what could be done.I will appreciate it.I hope going through all this pain is finally worthy.
    ThankYou.
    Itching is a good thing..Means its healing!! Whatever you do, do not scratch at it. You might also want to check with your Dr. and see what he/she recommends bc every doctor has their own specific post op instructions. I have not used graftcyte. I did keep the area moist with sterile water sprays in between shampooing, and I found that helped when my head started itching. I also took some benadryl at night and that helped me sleep and helped with itching some. Once I was able to wash my hair regularly in the shower on day 7, the itching pretty much went away. I am at day 9 and all of my scabs are gone from my recepient sites. The donor site is still a little sore and itches at times, but not nearly as bad as it was a few days ago. Hang in there..the worse part was the itching. I would keep it moist if your Dr. says its ok.

Default Day 9

Its been a few days since I have posted on here..
    I am now finishing up day 9 post op. My head is feeling much better!! I was able to start washing my hair normally in the shower on day 7 and I feel pretty much back to normal. All of my scabs are gone from my recipient sites and there is no itching or pain there. The only discomfort that I feel is still a little soreness at the donor site, and feels like there still may be scabs back there. I have been trying to be more aggressive with the washing of it, but it is still quite sore to touch. Dr. say's the stitches can come out in 10-12 days. I may get them taken out tomorrow on day 10, or I might wait until day 11 if its still really sore tomorrow. I anticipate that maybe the soreness will get better once the stitches are out. Here are some pics I took yesterday on Day 8

Name:	8.jpg

Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	10255   Click image for larger version

Name:	8-1.jpg

Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	10256   Click image for larger version

Name:	8-2.jpg

Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	10257  

thank u.
    the itching is gone now,,it was really worse for good part of a day,,but i still have some scabs which r going away too,,i started scrubbing my hair from day 7 which my doc said is perfectly fine,,but somewhere,am afraid i had caused some damage to the grafts,,hopefully not,,,but i hope its worth the pain that v went through so that v can see some new hair sprouting out in a few months.