+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Inactive

I also have a loss in sensation from Propecia. Let me warn you to never take the drug again since you are at increased risk for much worse side effects.

The urologist will probably not be able to help you much with the loss of sensation, at least in my experience, but it is worth a try to consult with one. You may want to request neurological testing be done to make sure your sensory nerves are functioning properly. In my case they were not. Good luck and keep us updated.

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum but I have been silently following for a long time.

Charger, you're like the voice of reason. I wish there were a lot more users like you. I thought it was great the way you guys replied to the insecure Dr.Crisler.

I think Propecia help is a great place for support and info. If people have had bad experiences, its important to know. I hope everyone suffering there recovers fast, no one should have to go throught that.

But what I fail to understand is everything thats been said by Propecia help users, on this thread and on numerous others, we already know. PropeciaVictim, dude you didn't say anything absurname already didn't know. You just kept reminding him of sides that he already knew of.

I mean, when you google the word propecia the first thing that pops up is propecia help, we've all been there. So whats the point of bombarding every thread, even when no one even mentions the word side. I have seen threads where users would just drop by to report good results and instantly there are replies of prophecies of their impending doom thrown at them. Whats the point of all that?

Inactive

Khan - You would be right if everybody TRULY did know about the side effects of taking the drug. The difference is that they aren't very well publicized and many men are taking the pills without fully understanding the potential consequences of their decision. Additionally, many doctors are also not informed as well and if you read through my post history there are plenty of guys who learned of this through my information.

I took the drug a couple of years ago, before the cases was as prevalent as they were today, but I was still misinformed by several doctors who told me long-term side effects were not possible from Propecia. As I wanted to believe this, I simply took the drug without any worry until the side effects onset immediately without much warning.

PropeciaVictim, as you claim yourself, these cases are more than just prevalent. They are all over the internet, every forum is filled with users claiming permenant sides. I find it hard to believe in this current day, somone wouldn't know of them. All you have to do is google propecia/finasteride.

But even then, why would you repeatedly bombar abusername with info he already knew? He already stated he had been on propeciahelp and spent time there. Whats the point of repeatedly prophesying his doom day. I have seen this happen at so many different threads.

Even if people are as naive as you think them to be, somone who claims to already know of prophecia help, why would predict his side effects for him. I have seen this happen at every thread.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    PropeciaVictim, as you claim yourself, these cases are more than just prevalent. They are all over the internet, every forum is filled with users claiming permenant sides. I find it hard to believe in this current day, somone wouldn't know of them. All you have to do is google propecia/finasteride.

But even then, why would you repeatedly bombar abusername with info he already knew? He already stated he had been on propeciahelp and spent time there. Whats the point of repeatedly prophesying his doom day. I have seen this happen at so many different threads.

Even if people are as naive as you think them to be, somone who claims to already know of prophecia help, why would predict his side effects for him. I have seen this happen at every thread.
    I have several points.

1. While many people know of these side effects (definitely not all) they are commonly dispelled by doctors who do not know of the side effects. Many doctors who prescribe the drug do not know about websites like Propecia Help and their advice is trusted more than people with direct experiences with the drug who know more about all facets of the drug.

2. You are misrepresenting my posts entirely. I NEVER predicted he would have side effects. In fact I told him the chance of getting side effects was minimal. He incorrectly believed that being of 'sound mind and body' would help me ward off side effects when he was taking a complete risk plunge the second he took his first pill. It is not possible to monitor developments as the damage occurs instantaneously in many cases, as is what happened with him.

3. My posts had absolutely nothing to do with the development of his issues. They were purely iatrogenic, medicine related, and I merely attempted to help guide him into making the best decision for himself that was not based on misconceptions. I have succeeded in the past, in this instance, he possibly discounted the advice I gave based on my experience and knowledge. Perhaps he was prepared to take the risk as well, which is totally fine as well but unfortunately he will have to live with the consequences now for an indefinite period of time.

4. Propeciahelp does not come up on the first page of google when you search Propecia. It is towards the bottom of the first page for Propecia Side Effects.

5. Please go back and reread my posts before you misrepresent my words. I am here to try and help people make the right choices for themselves. There are many myths surrounding Propecia usage that are worth dispelling. To bring truth and rational thought to the Propecia consumer is my objective.

Quote Originally Posted by PropeciaVictim View Post
    I also have a loss in sensation from Propecia. Let me warn you to never take the drug again since you are at increased risk for much worse side effects.

The urologist will probably not be able to help you much with the loss of sensation, at least in my experience, but it is worth a try to consult with one. You may want to request neurological testing be done to make sure your sensory nerves are functioning properly. In my case they were not. Good luck and keep us updated.
    How long were you on Propecia ?