+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hybrid View

After hair transplant surgery, your scalp may be very tender. You may need to take pain medications for several days. Your surgeon will have you wear a surgical dressing over the scalp for at least a day or two. Your surgeon may also prescribe an antibiotic and/or anti-inflammatory drug to be taken for several days following surgery. Most people are able to return to work two to five days after surgery.

Within two to three weeks after surgery, the transplanted hair will fall out, but you should start to notice new growth within a few months. Most people will have attained 60% of new hair growth after six to nine months. Some surgeons prescribe the hair-growing drug minoxidil (Rogaine) to improve hair growth following transplantation, but it is not known how effective this is.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhelen69 View Post
    I am a 45 year old woman with thinning hair and was considering getting a hair restoration treatment done. Can anyone explain how the procedure is done and whether it is painful?
    Hi Johnhelen69,

from what I hear hair transplantation is not very painful, you would feel more discomfort than anything. I am not a doctor, and neither am I proponent of ht, but the truth is that, few women have success with it because of the type of hair loss they experience. make sure you do your research and find a very qualified and experienced dr that is used to giving great results.

What other treatments have you tried?
    hth,
    Patricia

In female pattern baldness, however, these donor areas are usually unstable. They are thinning, just like the other areas of the head. The donor areas in women are affected by follicle-killing DHT. That means that if you remove hair and accompanying follicles from these donor areas in women and transplant them to other areas, it's just going to fall out. Any doctor who would attempt to transplant hair from an unstable donor site is potentially unethical and may just be trying to take economic advantage of the patient.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhelen69 View Post
    I am a 45 year old woman with thinning hair and was considering getting a hair restoration treatment done. Can anyone explain how the procedure is done and whether it is painful?
    Hair restoration process or treatment is performed when you suffer from significant hair loss, or thinning hair. It is a procedure to remove hair follicles from one part of your body and planting them to your head or the balding area. For more information on hair loss treatment, you may visit the given reference, as any licensed dermatologist only can help you in this with proper guidance. Hope this helps.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Amir Yazdan, MD's Avatar

You can see the below video in regards to how a hair transplant procedure is done in general. Although the patient is a male, the procedure is similar for females.

Amir Yazdan, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Hair restoration treatment is easy, it is not so painful. There are some points
    1. The surgeon will use a scalpel to cut out a strip of scalp skin from the back of the head. The incision is typically several inches long.
    2. This is then closed with stitches.
    3. The surgeon next separates the removed portion of the scalp into small sections using a magnifying lens and sharp surgical knife. When implanted, these sections will help achieve natural-looking hair growth.

While after that you any doubts then before transplantation consult with best or experienced surgeon, he provide the best advice to you.

Hi Johnhelen,

Firstly, I appreciate your decision for Hair restoration treatment. You don't need the inquire for procedure. Book a free appointment with Vanguard SMP. Our Experts give you all information and you will get best result.

Thanks.