X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asupertramp
    • Jun 2011

Hair Transplant near Boston

Hi All,

I am 29 years old guy. Have been losing hair for past 5-6 years, finally decided to get hair transplant done.

I was looking for Doctor near Boston and took consultation with Dr Leonard. They don't give any graft count, he told me around 1000 grafts for 6-7K. That's extremely expensive and so random. Even 800 grafts they can say is around 1000.

Then there is Bosley, being a big hospital and different doctors, I am little afraid to go there.

Now I have 2 questions, if anyone can kindly help:
    1. Anywhere around Boston, 3-4 hr drive (rhode island, CT, NYC, NJ), are there any good doctors you can suggest?

2. What do you suggest NeoGraft or Strip. How much estimate should I have in mind? I think 6-7$ per graft, for Dr. Leonard is pretty steep.

Thanks a ton.
  • Winston
    • Mar 2009

It’s always best to feel 100% comfortable with your consultation before considering undergoing surgery with a particular doctor. It’s also recommended to have several consultations before making a choice. You should go to www.iahrs.org where you’ll find several IAHRS members in New York and Connecticut and New Jersey.
    The Neograft is just a machine. Your question should be which is better for my situation, FUE or Strip.?

Comment

• rogerskevin67
      • Aug 2011

1. Meridian Health has a page on their website - “find doctor, NJ”. This can help you find a physician in New Jersey who specializes in hair transplant surgery. Or call up their advisors and ask them to directly connect you to a physician’s office.

2. I’ve heard NeoGraft is the better option since it does not involve any incision and the recovery time is very minimal.

Comment

• amadeus
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by rogerskevin67
        1. Meridian Health has a page on their website - “find doctor, NJ”. This can help you find a physician in New Jersey who specializes in hair transplant surgery. Or call up their advisors and ask them to directly connect you to a physician’s office.

2. I’ve heard NeoGraft is the better option since it does not involve any incision and the recovery time is very minimal.
        @rogerskevin67, I know that you are trying to be helpful but your advice could be very dangerous! NEVER try to find a qualified hair transplant surgeon by looking in an all incisive state directory and the NeoGraft is just a machine, that when used by unqualified staff can be a terrible option. You should read more of the expert posts in this forum before you begin advising people and potentially harming them

Comment

Working...