+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default bizarre method of growing hair

Ok so I want to share with you guys a bizarre method for growing hair that I use. Now im young (17) and in not sure if my hairline is actually receding or just maturing. Also, I'm not very knowledgeable on this topic so please look past it if it is stupid. Now I've read somewhere that head massages are good for hair growth. I also read some people believe massaging your head while you're upside down is helpful because you increase blood flow to your head. I've been massaging my temples when I'm laying upside sown and I can feel intense tingling throughout my temple. I want to know if this could be doing any harm to my hairs and what this tingling feeling means. I don't want to be doing anything that could harm my hairs.

Anybody???

Blood flow to your head is a good thing. That is what minoxidil helps to do.

Hi - The object of scalp massage is to get a good circulation of blood into the scalp. The theory is that a healthy scalp will give healthy hair. Additionally it has been said that having a scalp massage can stimulate hair growth. I am losing my hair on the crown so i tried a course of four Indian Head Massages which is an intensive 20 minute long massage of the shoulders, neck and scalp. I actually found that i lost more hair so I quit after the 3rd massage.

However the principle of good circulation round all the body, especially the scalp is generally accepted as being good for hair and hair growth. I started doing yoga after a break of a few months and experienced SIGNICANT hair re-growth on the crowm area. Yoga is good for all round circulation and the inversion poses (head lower than the heart) are particularly good for the circulation of blood to the head. The added advantage of getting blood to the head via yoga is that the blood in oxidised due to the physical activity.

Yoga will make you more flexible, give you a better posture and will help you mentally as you get to grips with your concerns. Its win win. Give it a go.

No. This won't help and is incredibly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Blood flow to your head is a good thing. That is what minoxidil helps to do.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhm. what?

You say "GROW NEW HAIR"by merely massaging your scalp and increasing blood flow? - Okay, I am getting pretty tired of hearing the "blood flow argument" - listen, this is how ridiculous your theory is:

If your theory were true, then an 20 year alcoholic could rejuvinate his/her liver by massaging it.

That's it, if you can do the above, then your theory is plausible.

Blood flow is ****ing incredibly stupid ****ing argument.

Follicles sensitive to DHT = hair loss. Nothing ****ING at all to do with ****ing blood flow.

You ****ING really think no one has tried massaging their scalps? How stupid can you be? This is the first thing anyone tries. Oh...lemme massage for some more blood flow!

It's BEYOND ****ing retarded.

That being said, blood flow can't be bad. But it will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR MALE PATTERN BALDNESS. NOTHING.

Minoxidil does increase blood flow. But that is NOT why it ****ing works.

Stop massaging your damn scalp and get real treatments or lose your hair.

and stop spreading this ignorance.

Uh wow in my post it says look past this if it is stupid. I get it if you guys are balding and pissed off but I'm not your enemy. I was jus wondering if this could help stimulate hair growth. I didn't say HEY I FOUND THE CURE FOR HAIRLOSS MASSAGE YOUR HEAD. ****in idiots re read my post I'm asking if this could work not "spreading my ignorance"

Fixed gets apoplectic rather easily. But he is basically tired of these kinds of theories.

Suffice it to say: it it was enough to stick your head in a vira-chair or something and you would cure mpb, this forum would not exist.

or more briefly: no, your treatment will not work.