+ Reply to Thread

Default Price of propecia

Hi
    Can anyone please give me an indication on how much Propecia costs in the UK??

I have just had an online consultaion which stated that it costs £70 for 28 tablets......that to me sounds extremley expensive, is this what i am most likely going to have to pay because it is way out of my affordability range.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by daz1985 View Post
    Hi
    Can anyone please give me an indication on how much Propecia costs in the UK??

I have just had an online consultaion which stated that it costs £70 for 28 tablets......that to me sounds extremley expensive, is this what i am most likely going to have to pay because it is way out of my affordability range.

Cheers
    Daz1985,

I also looked into the online pharmacies, it is basically a scam; they charge you double the price as it includes the prescription and you cannot do repeat prescriptions; so you have to pay for the prescription fee everytime.
    I joined Boots hair retention programme, it is quite good, it costs £90 for 3 months with quarterly reviews during which they take pictures, etc. - it costs roughly about £30/month. If you got their loyalty card, you will get further discounts. I recommend it as it is a cost effective way to get propecia which normally costs about £34 + prescription fee.

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stor....jsp&langId=-1

Hope this helps,

cheers mate

i will take a look into that....to be honest though i think i would feel a little uncomfortble going into boots getting inspected - espec with the stores being so big.

i might get onto miy GP again and ask for a prescription of him.

out of interest has propecia worked for you??

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/prope...s_4_11992.html

it costs �1.08 for 28 tablets here... but you need a private prescription and send it to them.

how do you get one?!

i dont know if uk doctors would prescribe this (for hair loss)?

Daz1985,

The boots programme is a confidential one, the inspection occurs in a consultation room and no one apart from the pharmacist will see you - and you'll see the same pharmacist all the time. I understand you're saying you feel uncomfortable, it is no different to get one from your doctor. You just need to ring them for an appointment. The price as bobo_baldy mentioned works out to about £30 plus you need to get your prescription. Up to you, but I found the boots programme to be both cost effective, discrete and hassle free. I was considering going to my doctor as like you I found the online prescriptions a scam but then I came across the boots programme. Me too, I was a bit embarassed to enquire about it, then I thought why not.

It's too early to say whether propecia works as I'm on my third month. So far I've got no side-effects which was the main thing I was worried about. I have also been using Rogaine foam for about a year, bought it from the US.

Regards,

ebay uk... i got 3 months propecia for £57.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo_baldy View Post
    ebay uk... i got 3 months propecia for £57.
    I am still inexperienced in this area particularly with propecia and although £57 is cheap; I would stay clear of ebay. There is a reason why the it is a prescription drug and not available over the counter. There is also no way for us to know whether it is real.
    http://www.ukmedix.com/propecia/prop...-fake-mhra.cfm

Good luck and I would advise either you go to your doctor or reputable pharmacies.