+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I would certainly not recommend it. I started 1.25mg in September of last year, and I had absolutely no sides at all until March, when the sides suddenly hit me (very suddenly). My dick became very soft and weird, couldn't get hard, zero libido, it was f*cking scary. Got off it and I've gotten better, but it's still some way to go. My dick isn't quite the way it was yet (feels and looks a bit strange, erections still not 100%, and I go soft very quickly), and my libido is still low, but at least I've improved since I quit which gives me hope I'll recover completely.

The drug didn't do anything for my hair either. I know it's effective to a varying degree in most males, but don't think this drug is safe. I was devastated by my hair loss, and still am to some degree, but there's just no way I'd put that sh*t in my body again, even if I'd known it was gonna give me all my hair back. Just not worth it.

Whoa ^^^ **** that, I'd rather embrace the Jason Statham look than experience those quite possible side effects.

Oh, and the fact that I was absolutely fine up until around the 6 month mark should be alarming to others. That tells me that you really don't know when the sides are gonna kick in (and I've read other stories where people got them after years on the drug). It was quite a shock to me, especially since I stopped worrying about side effects after a couple of months on the drug, thinking I got away scot free.

Stick to minox, niz and other safe products, that's my advice. Hopefully we'll have something in a few years that obliterates finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by sadscalp View Post
    Oh, and the fact that I was absolutely fine up until around the 6 month mark should be alarming to others. That tells me that you really don't know when the sides are gonna kick in (and I've read other stories where people got them after years on the drug). It was quite a shock to me, especially since I stopped worrying about side effects after a couple of months on the drug, thinking I got away scot free.

Stick to minox, niz and other safe products, that's my advice. Hopefully we'll have something in a few years that obliterates finasteride.
    NO worries dude-Minox and Niz, oh and damn TRX2 (that shit for the time being) is all I'm using.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    If this were a drug that made your eyelashes longer I would agree it was never worth even the tiniest risk, but this is a drug that can potentially put an end to a condition that causes a great deal of anguish for some people.
    That is your personal opinion. For me, balding is not significant and my entirely family does fine without a full head of hair. Personally, I took the drug because I was balding early (around 21) and wanted to postpone the process a little bit. However, the Merck safety profile has blatant lies in it and I was misled into making a decision I would not have otherwise.

The OP poster can decide for himself whether the prospect of attempting to keep his hair is worth the minute risk of lifelong sexual dysfunction and other potential cognitive/mood issues.

Quote Originally Posted by PropeciaVictim View Post
    That is your personal opinion. For me, balding is not significant and my entirely family does fine without a full head of hair. Personally, I took the drug because I was balding early (around 21) and wanted to postpone the process a little bit. However, the Merck safety profile has blatant lies in it and I was misled into making a decision I would not have otherwise.

The OP poster can decide for himself whether the prospect of attempting to keep his hair is worth the minute risk of lifelong sexual dysfunction and other potential cognitive/mood issues.
    I pretty much agree with you. If hair loss does not really bother you much, then definitely don't take any drugs. But if you're one of these guys who eats, sleeps, and breathes their hair loss then by all means take the tiny risk and do something about it. Most of the hysteria about this drug is originating from a small number of people who have had real problems and from people who have never even taken the drug. And while it is important to know that there are a few unlucky men like yourself who have been harmed by the drug, it's also important to hear from the majority cases like me who did not have any bad side effects and who benefited a great deal from the drug.

As far as merck goes, if it is proven that they covered up definitive evidence of long term effects, then I certainly hope they get what is coming to them.

If you're gonna stay scared then you're gonna stay balding.

Don't listen to every negative comment about Finasteride. Give it a try first. then immediately discontinue it once you think you have sides.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    If you're gonna stay scared then you're gonna stay balding.

Don't listen to every negative comment about Finasteride. Give it a try first. then immediately discontinue it once you think you have sides.
    Agreed on that! There is lots of negativity floating on those forums. make up your own mind and always consider risk/cost/value.
    personally i don't take finasteride anymore. it didn't do much for me and it can give some serious hell side-effects (and I'm not talking about decreased libido)...the last 2 years some much more dramatic sides have been investigated..my healthy instinct is skip it

Yeah it's tough to sift through a lot of the internet back and forth on finasteride because you have the propecia help guys infiltrating all the sites and maybe skewing numbers a bit but damn if it ****ed them up then they're bloody right to warn us.

I noticed side effects after 2 weeks. I was terrified of getting gyno and my nipple was beginning to get tender so I had to get off it. I had a small issue when I hit puberty and had a testosterone dump and alot of it must have aromatised to estradiol. Got it on one nipple only and was hardly noticeable and disappeared in about 3 or 4 weeks when I assume DHT levels rocketed up. Maybe that makes me more susceptible. Incidentally it was the same nipple that was feeling a bit sore.

I know there's a human model for little to no DHT but they were born that way whereas our systems are not accustomed to inhibiting it. It would be nice to have an unbiased poll of all finasteride users on the site as to whether they have experienced side effects or not to see how accurate Merck's numbers are.

C'mon RNA interference and gene therapy. Barring that, Histogen and Aderans.

The only way to know for sure is to try it!

I use 1.0mg dutasteride + 5mg finasteride (split 2.5mg every 12 hours) daily, adex 0.5 mg twice a week - with no sides at all, my libido is always high, boners like steel, remember that dht plays an important role in oestrogen suppression within the body, so if your dht levels are suppressed your oestrogen levels will raise, what does increased oestrogen do....Look it up for yourself....loss of libido - check, possible impotence - check, water retention and fatty deposits - check, gynocomastia - check, hair loss - check...

Oestrogen and dht BOTH play a role in hair loss, when both are high, your hairline will suffer, both are low, you can slow this process, even halt, even regrow lost hair.

Make damned sure you use an aromatise inhibitor like adex for oestrogen management while on dut/fin.

But don't take my word for it...research and make a decision.