+ Reply to Thread

film Spencer Kobren’s Interview With Dr. Coen Gho Part 2

Part 2

The most important statement that I believe was made in this video is that with HST only 2000 grafts can be taken out per each session, and that you have to wait 12 months to have another session.

And so Theoretically speaking

*2000 grafts=1 Year

*4000 grafts=2 years

*6000 grafts=3 years

*8000 grafts=4 years

etc.

Also consider that 5% of hairs are permanently gone from the donor region after each HST session. So technically HST transplant is not infinite, but increases donor supply by orders of magnitude.

And based on there website the price for >1600 grafts is 9,400 euros.

http://www.hasci.com/homepage.aspx

So in conclusion it looks as though HST does work, but you have to be a millionaire and have lots of time and patience to get a full head of hair back with this procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Westonci View Post
    The most important statement that I believe was made in this video is that with HST only 2000 grafts can be taken out per each session, and that you have to wait 12 months to have another session.

*2000 grafts=1 Year

*4000 grafts=2 years

*6000 grafts=3 years

*8000 grafts=4 years

etc.

Also consider that 5% of hairs are permanently gone from the donor region after each HST session. So technically HST transplant is not infinite, but increases donor supply by orders of magnitude.
    5% of hairs that are permanantly gone is not an issue at all. Let's say you have 10,000 grafts in your donor, and you lose about 100 grafts (5%) per HST transplant of 2,000 grafts, you will have gotten all of your hairs back and then some before you even come close to depleting your entire donor.

For example, you will have lost only 800 grafts in order to obtain 16,000 grafts for transplantation. Many people already lose more than that in 1 procedure due to the poor quailty Dr.'s out there.

Fantastic interview Spencer. Part 2 really got down to the nitty gritty and answered many of the questions I'm sure most of us had. Delighted to hear that Dr. Gho is willing to share his technique. I was a bit skeptical before. I had looked at the literature (not just Gho's papers) and it did lead me to believe such a technique was possible but at what level and what consistency. I was saying it was like the boy who cried wolf with Gho. You just can't tell if he has finally cracked it. When I heard that Dr. Bernstein was trying this out I thought there really must be something to it and it immediately reminded me of the FUE Woods scenario when Rassman was saying it was nonsense only to work at it behind closed doors himself.

For the stinking rich this would provide a way to transplant as hairloss progresses. Fill in the corners. Fill in behind the forelock. Fill in the crown. Etc.

Another thing, Wesley Sneijder didn't seem to shed his transplanted hair like people usually do. This could be due to reduced trauma to the graft and/or the preservation medium. Dr. Feriduni also retracted the allegations last year so maybe this is legit. I would be delighted if Dr. Feriduni could take Dr. Gho up on the tutorial to confirm or not the legitimacy of this technique.

You've got to think that he wouldn't be offering to share his technique if it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Westonci View Post

*2000 grafts=1 Year

*4000 grafts=2 years

*6000 grafts=3 years

*8000 grafts=4 years

etc.

And based on there website the price for >1600 grafts is 9,400 euros.

http://www.hasci.com/homepage.aspx

So in conclusion it looks as though HST does work, but you have to be a millionaire and have lots of time and patience to get a full head of hair back with this procedure.
    I actually think it's a fair price; under 6 euro a graft. Man I'd pursue it if Feriduni was doing it and I could have say 15,000 over a life time.

If you were slick bald you could slowly build up a head of hair over time by doing yearly sessions of 2,000 all over rather than concentrating on one specific area.

A KEY question that is missing so far is whether Gho can transplant a density that exceeds 50 FU/cm. By all accounts - including those provided to me over the phone by reps and docs at HSCI - they are unable to do so (even with multiple procedures), but it has never been explained why. Hopefully this is addressed in Part 3.

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie1985 View Post
    A KEY question that is missing so far is whether Gho can transplant a density that exceeds 50 FU/cm. By all accounts - including those provided to me over the phone by reps and docs at HSCI - they are unable to do so (even with multiple procedures), but it has never been explained why. Hopefully this is addressed in Part 3.
    Yeah I know. Hard to know what to think of all this.

no word on why the density can't get past 50?

I'm thinking of giving this procedure a gho (lol)