+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How do you comb your transplanted hair?

I'm just curious to see how others where their hair after you've had a transplant. I usually where my hair about 3 inches long, and to the side, to blend in my transplanted hair with the rest of it. I get frustrated that I can't where my hair like I used to...but then I remember...that I'm just lucky to have the hair I do...

any pics would be great.

I've worn my hair in several different styles since my last procedure five years ago. I can't do everything I want but I agree that having enough hair to do something is fantastic. You can see the various styles I've sported through three surgeries with Dr. Wong here...

www.hairtransplantmentor.com

In this video I answer the basic question of whether or not one can wash transplanted hair (a surprisingly common question) and I wind up showing how I go about my morning to get my hair ready for the day. You get to see my "bedhead" in the beginning

http://www.hairtransplanttv.com/medi...anted+Hair%3F+

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    I've worn my hair in several different styles since my last procedure five years ago. I can't do everything I want but I agree that having enough hair to do something is fantastic. You can see the various styles I've sported through three surgeries with Dr. Wong here...

www.hairtransplantmentor.com

In this video I answer the basic question of whether or not one can wash transplanted hair (a surprisingly common question) and I wind up showing how I go about my morning to get my hair ready for the day. You get to see my "bedhead" in the beginning

http://www.hairtransplanttv.com/medi...anted+Hair%3F+
    That's some video. Your hair looks very good.

yep, that's some video. You really went all out on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by caresabouthairs View Post
    yep, that's some video. You really went all out on that one!
    Lol, love that video.

I'm wondering who shot the video?

One of the questions that is asked of me is why do so many guys comb their hair front to back? I do this myself. I do not use a comb however I use an air brush. Brushing front to back creates an illusion of volume which implicates added density. Try it yourself and you'll see what I mean. The higher degree of coarseness to one's hair, the better effect that can be attained.

The other reason men may comb front to back is that it is a form of combover. One can attain added illusionary coverage especially covering a thin crown. This is something else I do.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Gillenator:

I comb my hair the same way - front to back. Think Robert De Niro in GoodFellas. :-) My only issue here is that when I see pictures of myself, I get very self-conscious because I think I have a very large forehead and a frontal hairline that is too high. Do you experience the same self-consciousness? Is this just my longing for the days of my teenage years when I had a nice, low hairline?

TeeJay

Teejay..

I hear you. I feel the same way. I guess being 26 years old, I still wish for the days of a lower hairline. I have had only one transplant of 1000 grafts about 3 years ago...which did help a great deal. When I see pictures of myself...I think...man...what the heck happened to me? I think that we are just hard on ourselves. My wife and others don't notice....I guess when it comes down to it, we are the ones constantly checking ourselves in the mirror...not them.

I plan on going in for another surgery in the next couple of months. I am going for another 1000 grafts to fill in my temple areas and add some density to my current frontal hair. I am nervous about going in again. My major concern is not so much about the new hair in front, but the soarness of the linear scar. Hair surgery is expensive to an average joe like me, but in the long run...I know I will be happier looking in the mirror every day...and it will be worth it.

It appears that most guys who have hair transplants wear their hair combed back or parted on the side and kind of combed over.