+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Great interview Spencer! After listening to Dr. Gho’s answers to your questions, I don’t have too much confidence in what he is saying. I think it’s about time to forget about Gho and concentrate on real advancements.
    Well if it has any merit to it Dr. Bernstein will figure it out. He's looking at a number of things using Acell. Among them transection and the autocloning technique. I really want it to be real but I just don't know. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Great interview Spencer! After listening to Dr. Gho’s answers to your questions, I don’t have too much confidence in what he is saying. I think it’s about time to forget about Gho and concentrate on real advancements.

I agree with you, Delphi. Listening to that interview, it seemed that Spencer was more knowledgable than Gho...and often walking Gho to the answers. I found that Gho frequently didn't answer the question that was asked and would keep belaboring the same points over and over.

In particular, i thought that Gho did a very poor job of answering Spencer's question about the poor quality of the patient's hair shown in photographic results on the HASCI site. If that's all that his technique is capable of, i really can't see that it is even up to par with a normal transplant. The individual hairs look to be of poor quality, the coverage is sparse and the hairlines could've be drawn in by children. The results are worse than you would get from a normal transplant done by a competent surgeon. He's been at this for a long time now, where are the patients who've taken advantage of a near limitless donor? Surely there must be some. Unfortunately for Gho, this is the bottom line. Until he starts showing results that are impressive, his technique will not catch on.

Agreed that the results on the site are awful. Wesley Sneijder's hair is looking good though. Man, I hope Bernstein can make this work with Acell.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Agreed that the results on the site are awful. Wesley Sneijder's hair is looking good though. Man, I hope Bernstein can make this work with Acell.

The key for Gho is to get a well known transplant doctor to use the technique and demonstrate that it works. If i were Gho, hell, i would offer it up for free to one or two Docs such as Bernstein and Feller. Let them prove it works and see what they can produce with the technique. Publicize their experiences with it. If it works as he says, patients will be demanding their docs to use Gho's procedure; the rest of the industry would catch on in a hurry and Gho would make a fortune.

Seems like an obvious way forward. Small up front investment from Gho for a potentially huge payout in the long run. Why wouldn't he take that approach? More importantly, why hasn't he?

I actually think he is trying to do that somewhat but charging for the knowledge and training. He might be a good researcher but he doesn't seem to be the best HT surgeon. Thing is the US hair restoration elite will not go to him. It could be like the Woods scenario all over again. They'll scoff at such an idea all the while trying to figure it out themselves rather than reach out. Here's what could happen: Some US doc figures it out and claims that they're the pioneer of the technique and they end up getting the credit. Rassman did exactly that with FUE so I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens here.

I'm thinking about ghoing for it

I'm surprised nobody has been on any forums complaining about their results. Maybe thats a good thing?