+ Reply to Thread

Default Local dog trainer

We could really use some help finding a good dog trainer. Our Labrador is a year old and he's become rather unruly lately. Last week he got so wound up playing that he leaped up and broke a lamp! My wife is worried that the more rowdy he gets, the harder it will be to handle him when the baby comes along in a few months. I know he has a lot of energy as a young dog, but we really need him to learn manners before our chaos levels go through the roof with a newborn. Does anyone have a positive experience with a local dog trainer they'd recommend for jumping/hyperactivity issues? I want to make sure we find someone who will be gentle but firm in working with our crazy Lab!

Wow, that sounds so familiar! We had a similar situation with our Golden Retriever, Max. He was just like your Lab – full of energy and a bit of a havoc-wreaker. Our turning point came when we found https://wasatchcaninecamp.com/dog-tr...e-mountain-ut/ . They were incredible with Max. Their trainers really understand high-energy breeds and how to channel that energy into positive behaviors. They focus on creating a balance of gentleness and firmness, which was perfect for our boisterous boy. It's not just about teaching commands; it's about understanding your dog's needs and working with their nature. Our home is much more peaceful now, even with Max's energy. I'd definitely recommend checking them out, especially with your growing family. They could be just what your Lab needs to become the best version of himself!