+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default help me guys , will fin loss its power ?

hi guys ,

I am taking fin for 8 months , but i am afraid whether fin will loss its power as the days goes , and has lot of side effects , so planning to switch from "fin" to "duras" .

so first thing is ,

1. is my idea is good idea ?
    2. can i take fin for three days and duras for four days and slowly switch to duras fully ?
    3. is there any one here really got good result from "duras" ?

please help me guys ...thanks in advance

Hi

In the first instance, I would speak to a reputable doctor who will advise you based on your specific situation. However, I do have a few thoughts. Firstly, whilst you do not say whether or not you have positive results from Propecia, I'm assuming you have. 8 months is a very short time to have been on the drug. It takes 6 months to start seeing positive changes and it can take up to two years for it to show it's full potential. Don't forget that Dutasteride can only be prescribed off label and that the incidence of side effects will be more common as it has not been approved as a hair loss treatment yet. I would strongly advise that you revise your plan. Dutasteride should be a last resort and even then should only be considered in certain circumstances. Why would you want to change things if you are already responding well? Don't forget that you also have minoxidil, laser therapy, PRP and now Acell on the horizon. People will have vastly differing opinions on the above which are generally seen as adjunct therapies. I return to my initial point, see a doctor. Don't look for prescribing advice on a forum. Many (like myself) will offer what they consider to be positive advice, but I would box clever and get a proffessional assessment.

Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine.

I would speak to a doctor about this, if you are experiencing sides on Fin then Duras is many more times potent than Fin.

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    Hi

In the first instance, I would speak to a reputable doctor who will advise you based on your specific situation. However, I do have a few thoughts. Firstly, whilst you do not say whether or not you have positive results from Propecia, I'm assuming you have. 8 months is a very short time to have been on the drug. It takes 6 months to start seeing positive changes and it can take up to two years for it to show it's full potential. Don't forget that Dutasteride can only be prescribed off label and that the incidence of side effects will be more common as it has not been approved as a hair loss treatment yet. I would strongly advise that you revise your plan. Dutasteride should be a last resort and even then should only be considered in certain circumstances. Why would you want to change things if you are already responding well? Don't forget that you also have minoxidil, laser therapy, PRP and now Acell on the horizon. People will have vastly differing opinions on the above which are generally seen as adjunct therapies. I return to my initial point, see a doctor. Don't look for prescribing advice on a forum. Many (like myself) will offer what they consider to be positive advice, but I would box clever and get a proffessional assessment.

Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I would speak to a doctor about this, if you are experiencing sides on Fin then Duras is many more times potent than Fin.

Thank you very much for you kindful and immediate reply 8868alex and UK,

Sorry that i didn't mention whether fin worked for me or not? .

By grace of god Jesus Christ, Fin really does worked for me , now i got full head hair , but affected hairs in the front and in the crown are thinner than the hairs that are in the sides , but still shredding is very less by grace of god .

Actually , i am staying in a city where Doctors still not aware of DHT factor and male pattern baldness . I went to the best doctors in my city , they have just suggested many tablets and many creams ,sampoo , i used it for 9 months , but no use . And i prayed my god Jesus Christ and god made me to understand the real factor of baldness , so i started taking generic fin , within three months it self i got good benefit , and my hair stopped falling and regrowth started , absolutely it is because of god jesus christ , because as per the research , fin will give synergistic effect only after a year that too along with MINOX , But i am not applying minox .

After taking fin , i faced "Erectile dysfunction(ED)" . And till now i am facing Erectile dysfunction(ED) , but slowly ED is getting reduced , and again my Erection is becoming normal ,so i am afraid whether fin is loosing its effectiveness .

that is why i am trying to switch from "Fin" to "Dutas" . or planing to take "fin" for three days and "dutas" for four days ,

so please advice me guys ...... i am in confused state

Hi

If I read you correctly, are you saying that as you have had a reduction in the side effects, you are assuming that the potency / effectiveness of the drug is also diminishing?

Whilst I am at best an educated layman, I feel confident in saying that this is not the case. It is very typical for any side effects to wear off once your body acquaints itself with the drug. If I were you, I would sit back and see how you are at 1 year of usage. From what you say, you are a good responder and you are resolving any side effect issue. Mate, that is a result!!!

It is sometimes hard to believe that the outcome will be positive, I know this myself, but you seem to be right on track. Don't stress too much, just keep on doing waht you are doing. I'm from the UK where in terms of doctors, we have Bessam Farjo, or Feriduni in Belgium. You guys have 45+ doctors to choose from. I don't know where the nearest one to Detroit would be, put in Michagan.. Try Dr Tessler or look at this map...

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/newrepl...uote=1&p=31236

Seek out the experts. I'm sure they will put your mind at ease!!!

Hi

If I read you correctly, are you saying that as you have had a reduction in the side effects, you are assuming that the potency / effectiveness of the drug is also diminishing?

Whilst I am at best an educated layman, I feel confident in saying that this is not the case. It is very typical for any side effects to wear off once your body acquaints itself with the drug. If I were you, I would sit back and see how you are at 1 year of usage. From what you say, you are a good responder and you are resolving any side effect issue. Mate, that is a result!!!

It is sometimes hard to believe that the outcome will be positive, I know this myself, but you seem to be right on track. Don't stress too much, just keep on doing waht you are doing. I'm from the UK where in terms of doctors, we have Bessam Farjo, or Feriduni in Belgium. You guys have 45+ doctors to choose from. I don't know where the nearest one to Detroit would be, put in Michagan.. Try Dr Tessler or look at this map...

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/newrepl...uote=1&p=31236

Seek out the experts. I'm sure they will put your mind at ease!!!

Thank you very much for your kind and caring replying , may god bless you .

Yes mate , i am afraid that reduction in side effect is because of reduction in effectiveness of "fin" .

Any way i won't switch to "dutas" now , as you said i will sit back and watch for 1 year . but i am constantly hearing from others saying that fin worked well only for five year and after that lead back to baldness .

So i am afraid about the future , Since sudden switching from "fin" to "dutas" will lead to more shedding , i am planning to make my body adapt to "dutas" in precaution just by taking "dutas" for 2 days and "fin" for remaining 5 days . .

1. so , at least after 1 year shall i take "dutas" for 2 days and "fin" for remaining days of the week ? will that really work ? have any one tried like this and got synergistic effect ?

I think everyone who uses Propecia / Finasteride has the worry that it will lose it's effect as the years go by. Yes, you will read about this in the forums and yes, there are those who will find that results taper off to some extent. However, you need to stay positive for several reasons:

1. There are several people who have used Propecia since it came out and
    have still maintained (check out Spex, top bloke and highly respected) the
    benefits.

2. Even if you do lose some of the potency, it is a myth that the body gets
    used to Propecia. What can happen is that your genes may counteract
    the effects of the drug. Worst case scenario it will slow it down,
    you must remember that numerous leading experts including Dr Bauman
    agree that you have over a 75% chance of being better off in 5 years on
    the drug. What is more, with continued usage, the data shows that the
    gap between where you would have been (without usage) and where you
    actually are (whilst using) will continue to get further apart. Assuming it
    worked for you, YOU WILL NOT GO BALD IN FIVE YEARS ON THE DRUG!

3. Even if you were unlucky and start to see some decline, you can always
    look at adding another therapy like Minoxidil / Laser therapy / Prp to help
    give you the edge back. I personally use Laser therapy and Minoxidil as
    well. However, keep off these until you need a boost. Chances are
    Propecia will be enough to keep you steady for at least the forseeable
    future.

4. Within 5-10 years something will most likley replace Propecia as the gold
    standard. Histogen, Aderans, Follica..... It's on it's way.

I think everyone who uses Propecia / Finasteride has the worry that it will lose it's effect as the years go by. Yes, you will read about this in the forums and yes, there are those who will find that results taper off to some extent. However, you need to stay positive for several reasons:

1. There are several people who have used Propecia since it came out and
    have still maintained (check out Spex, top bloke and highly respected) the
    benefits.

2. Even if you do lose some of the potency, it is a myth that the body gets
    used to Propecia. What can happen is that your genes may counteract
    the effects of the drug. Worst case scenario it will slow it down,
    you must remember that numerous leading experts including Dr Bauman
    agree that you have over a 75% chance of being better off in 5 years on
    the drug. What is more, with continued usage, the data shows that the
    gap between where you would have been (without usage) and where you
    actually are (whilst using) will continue to get further apart. Assuming it
    worked for you, YOU WILL NOT GO BALD IN FIVE YEARS ON THE DRUG!

3. Even if you were unlucky and start to see some decline, you can always
    look at adding another therapy like Minoxidil / Laser therapy / Prp to help
    give you the edge back. I personally use Laser therapy and Minoxidil as
    well. However, keep off these until you need a boost. Chances are
    Propecia will be enough to keep you steady for at least the forseeable
    future.

4. Within 5-10 years something will most likley replace Propecia as the gold

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow you are so amazing , kind and caring ext . Thank you very much . may god bless you abundantly 8868alex mate .

sure i will not take "dutas" , I will continue taking "Fin " with full belief on my god Jesus Christ .

Thank you very much for your awesome confidence mate .

if "fin" remains effective even after 10 years that 's more than enough for me .

Code:
    Within 5-10 years something will most likley replace Propecia as the gold 
    what are all the above medicines mate ? are they invented for baldness ? i haven't heard this before , can you please tell me about this ,just for information mate ....thanks in advance

No probs mate. Happy to help. Those are names of pharmaceutical companies that are investing in new Hair loss therapies. Check out the archives on the Bald Truth or just Google them individually to get some info. Again, I am just a layman but I think that Histogen's HSC (Hair Stimulating Complex) is the one to watch. Go look up Dr Gail Naughton or Dr Craig Ziering and find their audio interviews with Spencer. It will make you feel a bit more optimistic. At the risk of repeating myself please go see a quality doctor. Perhaps do some online research before as well.

Best of luck!!

No probs mate. Happy to help. Those are names of pharmaceutical companies that are investing in new Hair loss therapies. Check out the archives on the Bald Truth or just Google them individually to get some info. Again, I am just a layman but I think that Histogen's HSC (Hair Stimulating Complex) is the one to watch. Go look up Dr Gail Naughton or Dr Craig Ziering and find their audio interviews with Spencer. It will make you feel a bit more optimistic. At the risk of repeating myself please go see a quality doctor. Perhaps do some online research before as well.

Best of luck!!
    Thank you very much mate for your wonderful help ,

Sure i will search about these pharmaceutical companies in individual and will get information .

Code:
    At the risk of repeating myself please go see a quality doctor. Perhaps do some online research before as well.
    I am not the richest boy to spend money to come to UK and get a quality Doctor , i am still a student . But by god grace in future i will earn more money and then i will visit UK for quality doctor mate .... Any way thanks for your wonderful care