+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    I would give the Rogaine foam a go. It is very differant to the normal minoxidil. I have to say that any side effects I got with regards to discomfort have completely gone away. I think it is because the foam does'nt contain alcohol (which causes the discomfort). My advice would be to try this as an adjunct therapy and see how you get on first.

Good luck

Thanks a lot for your polite and awesome help mate ,

Can you please give me Genuine link (URL) for buying rogain foam in cheapest rate ? and please tell me how many times i have to apply this foam per day ? , since i am not aware of rogain foam , please help me mate .

@TheDude ,

Sorry buddy , to tell this , if a human being is using more alcohol or smoking , then it will ultimately lead to give aged look . This is scientifically true .

other than that , i haven't heard any complaint like this and even the FDA didn't mentioned any thing about this side effect ..ALL THE BEST

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Hay 8868alex

You may be right, i think minox twice a day is enough.. i live in South Africa, so no such thing here..

i just re-surveyed by hair and i have to say its pretty bad, i think i may be losing ground week by week never mind month by month.. my right temple region has expanded dramatically wish my eyes were lying..

I have a family history of baldness so i think its quiet an aggressive form.. propecia and minox have given me a few more years but i think its inevitable coming to an end until some new treatment comes to the forefront.. (oh i also use nizoral every second day for the past 4 months.. cant say its done much though)

The f'd up thing is, when i start shaving my head my right temple loss is going to be dramatically evident as opposed to the lose im experiencing on other parts of my head.. its so dam depressing.. i wish MPB was a person that you could throw a couple of swings at (blame game).. haha..

shit, really sux but thanks again for the help
    @TheDude,

Why can't you give a try on Hairmax lasercomb along with "FIN"

The Dude -

Hi

Well I get mine from here (link below). It was suggested by Spex (who is a very knowledgeable and decent guy on the forums).

http://www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk/Rogaine_Foam.htm

Apply twice at day, about 12 hours apart if you can. It says to fill half a cap (on top of the aerosol) and apply to affected areas. Make sure you part tthe hair and try to get direct contact to the scalp. It dries within seconds and is no hassle at all. You may note that you can buy the Kirkland 5% Minoxidil at £18 for a 3 month supply. I tried this and got terrible discomfort. Go with the foam and see how you get on. If I were you I would contact Spencer direct about service in South Africa. I'm sure they is someone who can help. Cool For You made a good suggestion about the Lasercomb. I want to be clear here, whilst I use this and feel that it has some benefit, there are plenty of naysayers (including good doctors) who will strongly criticise this therapy. I did my research and made my own decision. I suggest you do the same. It does sound like you are suffering with this and I hear where you are coming from. My advice is to keep researching, stick to your treatments and try and stay positive. Also check out the interviews of the achives with Dr's like Bauman, Ziering, Naughton, etc. I think people should forget about "cure" talk but remain positive about the potential for better therapies. I feel that something will happen within the next couple of years. We have now got the PRP / Acell service in the UK. None of these are guraranteed to work, but they all show some promise at least.

Good luck

Cool For You -

Sorry mate, the above reply was for you also!

Cool For You -

Sorry mate, the above reply was for you also!
    Thank you very much for your awesome informative reply mate ..... .

I wonder you are upto date with all the new therapy ,keep it up man .

I hope , in a year ,by god s grace sure there will be a working therapy cure for MPB .

please keep in touch mate , i thank god for your wonderful friendship . thank you . if you wish please send me your GMAIL ID to my PM , else i will send my ID to your PM and please add me to your chat list mate . thank you

@8868alex ,

one important Request ,

I am suffering from itching on the the place where hair was affected , do you know any medicine which can give solution for itching ?

BTW mate , what is 0.025% tretinoin?

do you know anything about 0.025% tretinoin ? will this cream give any benefits?

Hi

You could try the Nizoral 2% shampoo. I use it and I hear that it is good for this.

Hi

You could try the Nizoral 2% shampoo. I use it and I hear that it is good for this.

mate ,

I am using Nizoral 2% for 8 months along with fin , but no improvement in itching mate . can other suggestion please ..... ?

Hay guys just want to say thanks of the help..

much appreciated

Right, ok then. In that case, perhaps check with a Dermatologist. Maybe they can check for other issues (fungal infection, etc). It's a long shot but I find personally that the laser comb helps with this. One theory states that the itching comes from raised dht level affecting the follicle. It's a bit beyond me to be honest. I think either a Dr or a Derm would advise you better. I'm not sure if trying other shampoos (Menthol Head & Shoulders maybe?) could help?