+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default In general, how many graphs would a 5A patterns need?

I know it depends on your hair texture and type etc, but could someone give an estimate, would really appreciate it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sebasmarin View Post
    I know it depends on your hair texture and type etc, but could someone give an estimate, would really appreciate it

Thanks
    It’s very difficult to say since it’s such an individual thing, but expect to need at least 4500 grafts to get a relatively full look if you are a N5A.

Inactive

depends on

1) artistic skill
    2) personal goals
    3) hair texture

etc.

But 4500 Grafts are a good estimation

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    It’s very difficult to say since it’s such an individual thing, but expect to need at least 4500 grafts to get a relatively full look if you are a N5A.
    Thanks
    Now when you say, a " relatively" good coverage, how much covarage are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by sebasmarin View Post
    Thanks
    Now when you say, a " relatively" good coverage, how much covarage are you talking about?
    It takes around 45-55 grafts/cm2 to give you the illusion of non-balding. 4,500 grafts will cover between 80 - 100cm2 on top of your head. Depending on how much area is needed to be grafted on your head will give you the idea of good coverage. If you have thicker + wavy hair, the area of coverage with 4,500 grafts could significantly increase. Finer hair will do just the opposite. Go to Hassan and Wong's website and check out their results because they have a wide range with hi-def pics which will give you a good idea. I've had a transplant (not with H&W), however, I would definitely recommend them for someone with significant balding, especially because they believe in large procedures that tend to be successful. Of course, hair transplant success is in the eye of the beholder. Hope this helps.

How long is a piece of string. Depends on a number of things. Hair texture and wave, hair colour and scalp colour contrast, hair shaft diameter, size of your noggin and your goals. Maybe 6,000.

some people also only keep their hair above their ears and on the back behind the ears...that's why i hope i end up a nw 6 and not a nw 7...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    some people also only keep their hair above their ears and on the back behind the ears...that's why i hope i end up a nw 6 and not a nw 7...
    Absolutely. There's a huge difference between a 6 and a 7. You really don't want to be wasting grafts on building up the lateral humps. A 6 is still a candidate for restoration whereas right now I don't believe a 7 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Absolutely. There's a huge difference between a 6 and a 7. You really don't want to be wasting grafts on building up the lateral humps. A 6 is still a candidate for restoration whereas right now I don't believe a 7 is.
    Is there a way you could like take a test or something to see how you'll end up?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    Is there a way you could like take a test or something to see how you'll end up?
    I suppose they can map for miniturisation and look at family history. Sometimes they can define the boundary of miniturisation. Sometimes it's not so easy. If you go norwood 7 you could be ****ed for a number of reasons.

1. You might not have enough donor.
    2. Some of the transplanted hair may be susceptible to DHT and not be permanent.
    3. The scar could show.

This will never happen with a good ethical doc though. Well maybe not never, but highly unlikely.