In general, how many graphs would a 5A patterns need?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sebasmarin
    • Mar 2011

In general, how many graphs would a 5A patterns need?

I know it depends on your hair texture and type etc, but could someone give an estimate, would really appreciate it

Thanks
  • Winston
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by sebasmarin
    I know it depends on your hair texture and type etc, but could someone give an estimate, would really appreciate it

Thanks
    It’s very difficult to say since it’s such an individual thing, but expect to need at least 4500 grafts to get a relatively full look if you are a N5A.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
      Inactive
      • Jan 2011

depends on

1) artistic skill
      2) personal goals
      3) hair texture

etc.

But 4500 Grafts are a good estimation

Comment

• sebasmarin
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Winston
        It’s very difficult to say since it’s such an individual thing, but expect to need at least 4500 grafts to get a relatively full look if you are a N5A.
        Thanks
        Now when you say, a " relatively" good coverage, how much covarage are you talking about?

Comment

• Deluxe
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by sebasmarin
          Thanks
          Now when you say, a " relatively" good coverage, how much covarage are you talking about?
          It takes around 45-55 grafts/cm2 to give you the illusion of non-balding. 4,500 grafts will cover between 80 - 100cm2 on top of your head. Depending on how much area is needed to be grafted on your head will give you the idea of good coverage. If you have thicker + wavy hair, the area of coverage with 4,500 grafts could significantly increase. Finer hair will do just the opposite. Go to Hassan and Wong's website and check out their results because they have a wide range with hi-def pics which will give you a good idea. I've had a transplant (not with H&W), however, I would definitely recommend them for someone with significant balding, especially because they believe in large procedures that tend to be successful. Of course, hair transplant success is in the eye of the beholder. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
            • May 2011

How long is a piece of string. Depends on a number of things. Hair texture and wave, hair colour and scalp colour contrast, hair shaft diameter, size of your noggin and your goals. Maybe 6,000.

Comment

• Dutch_Dude
              • Jul 2010

some people also only keep their hair above their ears and on the back behind the ears...that's why i hope i end up a nw 6 and not a nw 7...

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                • May 2011

Originally posted by Dutch_Dude
                some people also only keep their hair above their ears and on the back behind the ears...that's why i hope i end up a nw 6 and not a nw 7...
                Absolutely. There's a huge difference between a 6 and a 7. You really don't want to be wasting grafts on building up the lateral humps. A 6 is still a candidate for restoration whereas right now I don't believe a 7 is.

Comment

• Dutch_Dude
                  • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
                  Absolutely. There's a huge difference between a 6 and a 7. You really don't want to be wasting grafts on building up the lateral humps. A 6 is still a candidate for restoration whereas right now I don't believe a 7 is.
                  Is there a way you could like take a test or something to see how you'll end up?

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                    • May 2011

Is there a way you could like take a test or something to see how you'll end up?
                    I suppose they can map for miniturisation and look at family history. Sometimes they can define the boundary of miniturisation. Sometimes it's not so easy. If you go norwood 7 you could be ****ed for a number of reasons.

1. You might not have enough donor.
                    2. Some of the transplanted hair may be susceptible to DHT and not be permanent.
                    3. The scar could show.

This will never happen with a good ethical doc though. Well maybe not never, but highly unlikely.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                      Inactive
                      • Jan 2011

Yes depends on, the chance that you will become a NW7 will be pretty high if your dad is NW7 and your grand dad etc.

If your dad is maximum diffuse or so, its more likely to become a NW5 to NW6.

A real NW7 is luckily pretty rare in some ways but thats the only good thing here.

Yes even a NW6 can do get a NW1 look if you look at some Armani, H&W etc results.

The most important part everyone seems to forget is : "the area you have to cover. If you have a small head and curly wavy darker hair, well even as NW7 you could get a good restoration

Comment

• Dutch_Dude
                        • Jul 2010

well, my father is not balding, my grandfather form my mother side was never balding either, but my grandfather form my father's side was like a nw 6...and i am a NW2 at 23 years...

Comment

• Flowers
                          • Feb 2011

well, my father is not balding, my grandfather form my mother side was never balding either, but my grandfather form my father's side was like a nw 6...and i am a NW2 at 23 years...
                          Are you sure you're a NW2 and it's not just a mature hairline? I'm only 20 and about a NW 2.5/3 and my maternal grandfather is pushing 70 with about a NW4.5 with hair on top. His hair at my age also looked similar to mine now. I have semi thick hair and a small head and would only want restoration to a good NW3 and I'd probably dye it blonde. I'm trying to be smart and logical knowing that can look good. Hopefully I follow his pattern and don't end up a 5,6 or 7.

Also, there's no real bald heads in my family's past, just NW4s and thin hair.

Comment

Working...