+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Recoverup VS PRP/Acell Treatment

hi guys

I am sure that all of us heard of the British company doing hair regeneration in Asia called recoverup

They take stem cells from your body and out in your scalp and they claim that you will see some new hair from 2-4 weeks

it costs about 10,000

here is there website to check

www.recoverup.com

on the other hand

there is the prp/acell treatment

which is done in the same way (as far as I understand)

but it is far cheaper , it cost about 1500

apparently, both treatment is for people who have 1-4 NW

so which one is most effective ?

Question: What's the difference between what they claim to do and any typical PRP treatment?

Answer: There is none, they have merely brushed up a PRP treatment as the stem cell cure for baldness and whacked on a hefty price tag, no photos, no official studies = SCAM.

I have heard about something similar to what Recoverup is trying to do; where doctors extract bone marrow stem cells and inject them into balding/thinning areas of the scalp. These healthy stem cells are supposed to replace and stimulate the faulty stem cells of the scalp that do not produce hair. This sounds promising and I really wish that doctors today would try it.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I have heard about something similar to what Recoverup is trying to do; where doctors extract bone marrow stem cells and inject them into balding/thinning areas of the scalp. These healthy stem cells are supposed to replace and stimulate the faulty stem cells of the scalp that do not produce hair. This sounds promising and I really wish that doctors today would try it.
    Maybe stimulate, but I doubt they would replace the stem cells.

Recoverup are merely doing the obvious; trying to pass off stem cell therapy with regular PRP, they're just not mentioning the word PRP in their sales pitch. They dont need to, they dont want you to think this is PRP, otherwise you wont fork out £8,000 for it. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to see past this one to be honest, the mere fact that they didn't need FDA clearance or clinical trial in ANY nation suggests this is nothing but PRP (which doesn't require any clearance).

As far as I can tell, Recoverup is doing something different from PRP. Instead of taking growth factors from a blood extraction, they're taking stem cells from adipose or bone marrow tissue. I think they're doing this over in Taiwan as opposed to the UK so that they won't get bogged down with years and years of trials in order to achieve FDA approval. If this was just PRP (and didn't require any FDA approval), then why would they take it all the way over to Taiwan to perform, instead of performing it in the UK or the US? They could perform this treatment anywhere if it was just PRP. I don't know if this is a scam or not, but I am all for this kind of stem cell experimentation, since we have such shit options for hair regrowth in today's market.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Question: What's the difference between what they claim to do and any typical PRP treatment?

Answer: There is none, they have merely brushed up a PRP treatment as the stem cell cure for baldness and whacked on a hefty price tag, no photos, no official studies = SCAM.

So are you saying that PRP and Acell treatment is actually proven to work ?

I don't know where you guys are coming up with this being PRP. I've had PRP done, and I can tell you that Greco's people did not stick anything into my waist and perform liposuction on me.

Hitzig spoke about doing Bone marrow stem cell hip extraction and said nothing about FDA approval. You guys can hear the interview. It's somewhere in the forum. I think it's the same approach. He said he just needed to learn the procedure of extraction. Unless it's something different.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post

TRX2 has no photos either but people are happily buying in to it.

I don't think 'Recoverup' or TRX2 are legit, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    So are you saying that PRP and Acell treatment is actually proven to work ?
    I said what's the difference between what they claim to do i.e. in terms of their process of treatment not what they claim to achieve, what they claim to achieve is utter bullshit, what they claim to do is no different to a PRP treatment.