+ Reply to Thread

Default Best way to make hair transplant scars less visible

Hi Friends
    I had a hair transplant in 1983 that left me with scars in both the donar and recipient areas which made me wear a hairpiece for the last 26 yrs.I now want to take the hairpiece off and just go bald....I have been using a product called Scarprin for 3 months and have produce good results in flattening and making my scars smoother.....My ? is what is the best way to go about making these scars less visible? FX lazer,microdermabrasion,bridge therepy with both FX And deep FX lazer......Should I try a Hair replication tattoo ?.......I have researched and looked at so many options but still am not sure what would be best....Any help would be appreciated.
    Joe

Some good scalp micro pigmentation (SMP), aka head tattoo would work wonders for you I think and would be the quickest, cheapest and most convenient way for you to go bald naturally.

It'll need some maintenance once every 2 or 3 years to keep it looking black and fresh, but what's a tattoo visit every 3 years compared to long, costly and probably painful laser treatments over the course of the years?

Well thats what I was thinking also and I have narrowed it down to 2 places.HIS or Artistry Concepts,so I have to decide on those 2 unless someone else does a great job with (SMP) and is close to Philadelphia.

You should be careful with this option. A great concern would be that ink over the years will not only lose color but also not keep its original dot like shape. Have you seen tattoos on an older guy whos had one for a long time, not so pretty....

Very true,that is why I am looking at all options and picking out the best one before I do anything.Have been doing research for 7 months since I decided I want to take this hairpiece off and go bald.I do not want to make another mistake at 47yo like I did getting a transplant 26yrs ago.