+ Reply to Thread

Default Other Treatment Besides Hair Transplants

I am desperate to regrow my hair and I am not about to get a hair transplant. I don't want a permanent ear-to-ear scar for the rest of my life and I'm not interested in getting my head cut open just to move hair from one place to another. I've tried Rogaine and Propecia and they're absolute garbage; they just don't work. I'm interested in PRP+Acell but I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make. I wonder which doctors perform this PRP+Acell treatment and if there will be any permanent scarring. Preferably doctors in the NY area but I am willing to travel. I am very interested in stem cell treatments to regrow hair. I have heard that bone marrow stem cells can be extracted and implanted into the scalp to regrow hair. I am very interested in stem cells procedures like this and was wondering if any doctor would perform it. Basically I am looking for hair doctors who would perform hair regrowth treatment and do not focus exclusively on hair transplants. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ACell is meant to augment the basic hair transplantation technique. IF it checks out clinically, it means an infinite donor supply, thus allowing you to acquire a full head of hair through X number of hair transplants. Upkeep costs will of course be tremendous and you'll still have to be on Propecia for life if you want to have surgeries less frequently.

As for PRP and stem cell research it's all way too far ahead in the future and unless you've got an in on some test-group, I'm afraid you're all shit out of luck like the rest of us.

But oh wait, there's always TRX2 *biting sarcasm*.

I'm pretty sure that Dr Feller in NY can provide PRP therapy. Not sure about Acell.

The other treatments you mention aren't available yet.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Actually the stem cell treatments using bone marrow are available through a few stem cell clinics in the U.S. I'm just not sure whether I trust them fully. All I know is that I've got to do something to counteract my hair loss and Rogaine and Propecia are like putting a band-aid over cancer while hair transplants leave permanent scars and don't do nearly enough to solve the problem.

As a matter of fact, I can tell you 5 places in the U.S. that extract bone marrow stem cells and use them to regrow hair. I really wish that more doctors would try this. I'm absolutely sick of hearing about Rogaine, Propecia, and hair transplants. We need something much better!