+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HT Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    hmm...but it''s still the same number of follicles, right? so why does the technique still matter? also...with a strip you can't keep your hair short...also, if oyu get FUE from all over...so from above your ears, right above your neck...it should be able to get you the same amount as FUT...doesn't it?
    Yeah if you go to 50% thinning of the donor. Might be possible for some. Still not sure on the yield from FUE. I suppose it shouldn't be drastically lower in the hands of top FUE docs like Feller or Feriduni if you're a good candidate.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I take it that FUT means strip?

I must say that the strip technique really worries me because I do want to keep my hair shorter, preferably grade 3 (but not shorter) and the strip looks really obvious (unless it is then covered by FUE, I suppose).

Does anyone have a link to pictures of someone with 6,000 and 10,000 grafts please, who had a similar starting position to myself? I am trying to get a view as to how much coverage this would get. Failing that, a rough estimation of hair density per square inch would be most helpful.

As for the front coverage, I know what you are saying, but I am comfortable with how I look from the front (and the current amount of hair, ie not much!), it's the bald patch and thinning on top that causes me the most amount of anxiety.

And finally, does anyone please have an estimation as to how much this volume of surgery typically cost, I'm guessing it's going to be closer to the top end of my budget?

Thanks.

you can see examples of strip on the hasson and wong website...dr. rahal also does some pretty good work. for FUE i would go to feriduni's website. if the crown is more cosematically important voor you, then i guess you can go for the crown and the top of the head...most people prefer a restoration of the hairline though, because you can always transplant the crown thinly and then use toppik or something...there is one guy on the hasson and wong website who had like more than 10.000 grafts and he looks pretty good...