+ Reply to Thread

Default follicles were meant to die

hello,

I recently read that if hairs are predispositioned to fall out then finasteride or dutasteride wont help?

what does it mean if the hair is predispositioned? something to do with genes? and is it true no treatment can help it?

thanks

I have seen too many before and after pictures from real people, that shows otherwise.

I agree with patientlywaiting. Meds can help reverse the curse.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by SE19 View Post
    hello,

I recently read that if hairs are predispositioned to fall out then finasteride or dutasteride wont help?

what does it mean if the hair is predispositioned? something to do with genes? and is it true no treatment can help it?

thanks
    So what do you think people are taking Fin/Dut or minox for ? Toothache ?

Victim of DHT there is no need for petty comments, I am very aware that meds such as fin, dut, minox etc can help to maintain and in some cases reverse hairloss.

However, I have read in another forum that if your genetic make is so, then your hairs are always doomed to fall, regardless of any help from any drug. This state is predetermined in the womb and perhaps sheds light on why not everyone benefits from these medications.

So you're saying that people who do respond well to finasteride but would otherwise be bald are not predispositioned? that doesn't make sense - for example, just because someone takes valium, doesn't mean they don't have a disposition towards being uptight or whatever; in fact, the opposite is true, hence why they'd use it. Maybe you should be more specific instead of just plain rude.

ohlife thanks for another useless comment, don't you dare point a finger at me claiming I am rude when I am only regurgitating what I have read on other sites AS I STATED in the initial post.

All mpb sufferers hair will be predetermined, of course, but perhaps some are precoded to be effected by DHT and others by different factors, again this could account for the unsuccessful stories

Of course that makes sense now, but it really didn't in your original post if you re-read it.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Maybe patients can have different strengths or combinations of the genes for MPB. Making some patients respond to the medications better than others. There has to be a reason why some patients get better protection from fallout when using Finasteride/Dutasteride. Hopefully, in time difficult questions like this will be answered.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Inactive

Follicles dont die they minituarize.

Also genes are a factor but they are not so drastic like in "Hair losscant be reversed" if something can be slightly reversed or stopped or slowed down there is a high chance that the genetic factor has not that much of an impact on a problem