Inactive

Admin close this thread and ban those guys

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    broken record.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    IP check if you must, but I am going to give this a test and have made my own thread.

I am my own.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by ohshiiison View Post
    why is every single priest bald?
    I have a theory on why there seem to be alot of priests balding. The catholic church for years has told there priest hood that if you use masturbation as a form of preventing sexual thoughts then its ok. That means these men who are defying natural instincts to reproduce are more then likely masturbating just as often as any one of us if not more. And to be honest I would say the few priests I knew in my life were not bald at all but I have seen some bald priests on T.V.

Quote Originally Posted by ohshiiison View Post
    why is every single priest bald?
    Not even true. Then you must ask the church why every christian sins, repents and repeats.

Just because they are who they are doesn't mean they will do what they 'ought' to do.

Why do priest molest alter boys then? Come on.

BaldingBackwards, how much of a negative effect, if any, do you think getting sexually aroused will have. I have a girlfriend and often times hanging out with her I of course become sexually aroused. I try to abstain from sex though, I sometimes feel a little bit of premature seimen or whatever you wanna call it after we mess around. Do you think this is bad???

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Samiam View Post
    BaldingBackwards, how much of a negative effect, if any, do you think getting sexually aroused will have. I have a girlfriend and often times hanging out with her I of course become sexually aroused. I try to abstain from sex though, I sometimes feel a little bit of premature seimen or whatever you wanna call it after we mess around. Do you think this is bad???
    I am in the same boat. I have a very pretty very sexually active girlfriend and would not dare turn her away. I actually have been having sex about once a week some times a little more I would like to abstain longer but like I said I would not dare turn my girlfriend away(for the sake of this experiment I am glad I don't live with her). If you can please your girl without sex at all good. I have not masturbated once though and just that decrease has greatly helped me I am surely not loseing any more hair granted my hair loss was not that bad and I used to ejaculate every day. I believe I am not as sensative to these factors as some of you. So to answer your questions no it will not affect you because seaman traveling through the prostate during ejaculation is what causes conversion of T to DHT. A few drops of pre cum should not do any harm but make sure to please your girlfriend if you want to keep her and just dont masturbate anymore at all! Also take vitamins after ejaculating and dont forget to loosen your scalp via scalp laxity exercises.

This is absolutely insane that there are people who actually take this garbage seriously.

Guys who are worried about their hair are stressed enough without having to feel afraid each time they get their rocks off.

Dude, if you're theory is that ejaculating more then once a week makes you bald, then 95% of the male population would be bald.

In the hundreds of thousands of man hours that has been spent researching this issue, do you really think nobody has ever thought of this before?

The fact that people here are drinking your kool aid shows how desperate guys losing their hair can be. Everything in this thread defies even a modicum of common sense. Everything you say has a weird, religious/conservative vibe to it, talking about the "evils" of masturbation. It's like your #1 goal is to get people to stop masturbating.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ResearchNeverfails View Post
    Read all of the following.
    OK I have read quite a bit of your material and certainly enough to get the gist of your proposition. You are quite correct on one point androgenic alopecia should not be considered a 'desease' nor should it be considered a disease.

As to the rest of your material I would say this is a perfect example of dicto simpliciter (look it up) and a healthy infusion of misinformation.

Your initial preamble (ramblings) are full of inaccuracies, here are a few examples to correct you.

* Not all androgenic alopecia (AA) starts at the temples or crown.

* Not all AA progresses to a full crown (bald head) loss.

* Contrary to 'your' belief science actually knows only a small fraction of the complex mechanism that results in AA.

* We don't know for certain that DHT is the main cause of hair loss, we do know that it appears that DHT is part of the mechanism involved. However even if DHT is integral it could for example be more to do with receptor site rather than DHT.

* We don't know if DHT is excessive in both the scalp and the blood stream in the majority of cases of AA and in fact there is no hard evidence to draw a cause and effect relationship as DHT levels can be identical in those with and those without AA, in fact it could be that the enzyme 5α-reductase is the culprit rather than DHT.

* Other mammals do have plenty of incidences of AA, notably the male Tsavo lions, dogs, macaques, and even our closest primate species the chimpanzee.

* Both the big cats, domesticated cats and host of other species will suffer from alopecia and a host of other health issues related to a nutrient deficient diet.

* We do not know that AA is caused by a hormonal 'in balance' (imbalance) in fact there is very little to support that those with men with AA have significantly different hormonal levels to those without AA.

* Some women do suffer with AA this appears to occur as oestrogen levels decline with age which has lead to the hypothesis that oestrogen has a protective role and as it declines women hair follicles are exposed to DHT leading to AA in a similar way to men. Though I stress this is unproven.

* Logically women and men are not exposed to the same gene pool, as a result of the 'XY' chromosomes vs 'XX', hence the reason we have sex linked diseases.

* There is absolutely no evidence that the prostate is the 'single cause for hair loss' nor have I seen any credible evidence to make such an assumption, the prostate is however regulated by DHT which is synthesized in the prostate, testes, hair follicles, and adrenal glands by the enzyme 5α-reductase.

* There is no credible evidence to suggest that ejaculation has anything other than a transitory effect on DHT, in fact if we take your own results on face value your DHT level actually fell below the pre ejaculation level a short time after. And once again I stress that there is no credible evidence that those with AA have significantly different serum DHT levels to those without it.

* There is evidence of a potential increase in both benign prostatic hyperplasia and cancer of the prostate in those with low levels of sexual activity (ejaculation), you may like to think of this as clearing the pipes if you like.

Overwhelmingly the evidence is that AA is a genetically determined outcome, we can see evidence of this all around us in our groups of family and friends. The mere fact that such a high percentage of men will experience AA is sufficient to conclude that it is a natural process that most will experience to a greater or lesser degree.

Whilst we all may like to delay the loss of a youthful appearance lets not lose perspective and engage in silly and potentially unhealthy self abuse.