+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hair dye ?

Default hair dye ?

I am receding at the hairline i wear my hair kinda long to hide the temples i would say im a norwood 2? anyway i have started to get alot of grey hairs at 29yrs old my friends have started to comment about it nothing nasty just comments like "woah your going grey" i suppose its better that woah your going bald (that will come soon tho!)

anyway im thinking about dying my hair to hide my greys there isnt a huge amount at a guess i would say for every 50 hairs on my head there is a grey but it does bother me my only problem is will dye make me go bald faster?
    i shed quite a bit when i shampoo and condition in the bath or shower so i guess when i dye my hair alot will come out? or will it not affect my hair falling out at all and make it any worse?

if that is the case then i will dye my hair from now on to hide my greys and feel a bit younger looking

You can purchase root touch up dye at your local store and just try to dye the few gray hairs that you have instead of doing the whole head. Most of the time when men dye their hair it looks really bad, so don’t do the whole head unless you have it done in a solon.

hello thanks for taking the time to reply

if i do that as in just dye the grey hairs will it not spill onto the other hairs sounds really hard to target just one hair in a whole bunch?

or is there a technique to it? i would rather do that your right than dye my whole head

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

There are some very gentle dyes that you just comb in and rinse out. I would find it hard to believe that they could cause any hair loss.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile