+ Reply to Thread

Default Rooney gets a HT

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110604...20110604143306

Curious to see results (:

I'm glad he's open about it, hope it looks good.

Hi – Early photo of Wayne Rooney’s HT.
    I think that this is very significant because he is such a high profile person. It is certainly receiving a lot of press coverage in the UK and is really helping to get over the to the general public that men are concerned about their hair loss and that it is becoming acceptable for them to do something about it……

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...5875-23184638/

I don't understand why people, especially now, would do traditional hair transplants with hair cloning a few years away. Sure it might be 2-5 years off, but if i was him I would have waited. But then again I guess with his money he could just add more density with the cloning.

BoSox - from what I understand, stuff like Aderans will most often be used to give additional density to traditional transplants (that's been Washenik's line, anyway). If you've seen the photos from the ARI presentations, you'll notice that the new hairs often grow in directions unnatural to the direction of the native hairs. I guess this means that until they can control the direction the hairs grow in, an Aderans injection alone will end up making a person look like they've had a really botched traditional transplant. Because of this, there's probably always going to be room for traditional transplantation.

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    BoSox - from what I understand, stuff like Aderans will most often be used to give additional density to traditional transplants (that's been Washenik's line, anyway). If you've seen the photos from the ARI presentations, you'll notice that the new hairs often grow in directions unnatural to the direction of the native hairs. I guess this means that until they can control the direction the hairs grow in, an Aderans injection alone will end up making a person look like they've had a really botched traditional transplant. Because of this, there's probably always going to be room for traditional transplantation.
    Is that why hair cloning is taking so long? Are they trying to correct the hair growth problem, or is it more of is it going to work at all?

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Is that why hair cloning is taking so long? Are they trying to correct the hair growth problem, or is it more of is it going to work at all?
    I imagine getting it to work at all. This may sound naive but couldn't you just comb it if it's growing the wrong way? I usually use gel and mess my hair around in different directions anyway

its more of "is it going to work at all good enough?"

ppl here assume that hair cloning will be the cure. But aderans first protocol in phase2 grew only amounts of hair comparable to propecia. Now imagine it would not compound (it may or it may not, we dont know yet). And that is the possible reality now.

ppl basicaly hear some news and immediately assume its gonna be the cure. that may not be the case. and finding the best approach (not necesarily the one curing the problem, but one that gives best results) takes time.

Even if it were comparable to Propecia and was one and done (as in also stops the native hair from miniturising) it would be fantastic for those looking to nip it in the bud so to speak. Mind you it will be of no use to many of us if that's the case when it finally comes around. Oh to be 10 years younger.

I don't understand why people, especially now, would do traditional hair transplants with hair cloning a few years away. Sure it might be 2-5 years off, but if i was him I would have waited. But then again I guess with his money he could just add more density with the cloning.
    All the debate in the UK, and there is lots of it, is about HT’s. There does not seem to be any mention of cloning or even TRX2. The general assumption is that almost anybody, with money could have a HT today and that it would only need topping up with another HT every now and again. As we know this is somewhat naive and not the fully story..scars and propecia to kick start the regrowth and then the sides etc.

All the radio talk show presenters are talking about HT’s. One assumes that they have full heads of hair because, as so eloquently discussed by Fixed by 45 recently, are a requisite for success in certain types of jobs; especially media jobs. The presenters have identified the losers in all this. They are the fat ugly people. Apparently they were able to console themselves saying that OK, they might be fat and ugly but at least they had hair whereas that person across the bar did not, te he. The opinion on the shows is that they will lose that point of consolation soon because those us who are showing hair loss soon won’t be. Maybe we’ll have to start a new support thread for this group once the cloning or whatever works. Either that or send them off the gym.

The world may just turn around you know.

Inactive

Wow, it's nice that Rooney finally did something about his hair problem.
    I understand though why he didn't wait for the hair cloning thing, because then he might not need it anymore. Lol.