+ Reply to Thread

Default ACell Matri Stem

"According To Gary Hitzig, M.D., if Acell’s Matristem for hair restoration works as predicted, many men and women suffering with common androgenic alopecia will no longer be forced live their lives feeling uncomfortable in their own skin.

His prediction: in one to two years it will all be over. However, many experts in the field have far less exuberance when it comes to these “miracle breakthrough” treatments."

Could this really be ready within a year or two? According to his prediction, it would be sometime next year. How effective is this treamtment really? How exactly does it work, in layman's terms?

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    "According To Gary Hitzig, M.D., if Acell’s Matristem for hair restoration works as predicted, many men and women suffering with common androgenic alopecia will no longer be forced live their lives feeling uncomfortable in their own skin.

His prediction: in one to two years it will all be over. However, many experts in the field have far less exuberance when it comes to these “miracle breakthrough” treatments."

Could this really be ready within a year or two? According to his prediction, it would be sometime next year. How effective is this treamtment really? How exactly does it work, in layman's terms?
    We've actually been talking about this on the Dr. Gho thread if you wanna check it out. Dr. Cole is really on to things with Acell and is saying he's ready seen 54% regrowth in the donor area. It's got me pretty excited

I think a pretty novel method to try would be a form of cell culturing to supplement transplantation and kickstart regrowth. Do it 6 weeks before transplantation; in other words take a few hairs and multiply the mesenchymal and epithelial cells in the lab. When it comes time to extract a follicle by FUE, Dr. Cole could do his thing and then inject the cells along with Acell & PRP into the hole. The idea being that this may supplement any remaining tissue and have a synergistic effect on potential regrowth in the donor.. One step further could be to apply PRP&Acell to the scalp 6 weeks prior (when they're extracting the hairs for the cell culturing) to transplantation as a primer for robust growth. Just some ideas I've had for Acell and it's potential application. My science could be way off.

One further thought regarding this autocloning plucking technique; They could try it at the end of a regular hair transplantation session to touch up the temple points. It would only require at most 200 single hairs per temple point and it would be very easy to monitor. It would be an easy way to keep an eye on the hair cycling. If it were to fail, which, my gut says it won't, it would only require a small FUE session to touch up. I actually think this could be a very good application for the autocloning plucking technique in the early days.

Inactive

i had another idea just out of curisity. Why not extract stem cell tissue, then let it grow in a petri dish until it forms a lets say hair like structure and then transplant it :-)

Would be nice to see if this would work

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    i had another idea just out of curisity. Why not extract stem cell tissue, then let it grow in a petri dish until it forms a lets say hair like structure and then transplant it :-)

Would be nice to see if this would work
    That's what the germans are at. They managed it back in December I think.

Does this mean we walk live our lives as cue balls in 2-5 years time??

:P

I think that's a bit optimistic. I'm going with Dr. Bernstein and I'm going to say within a decade...and if you can afford it.

i would LIKE to be a bit more optimistic than death row over here :P. such a pessimistic name . but i really do believe that we will have something better by 2014-2015. let's also be on the lookout for aderans. i think there was also some sort of shampoo that was coming out? capyxil or something like that...anyways, if cole can ALREADY produce more than 50% regrowth at the donor area...for a lot of people that's more than enough to achieve full coverage.

Inactive

The first step will start midway 2012 i guess. At least when some other docs finally try plucking and this Acell FUE multiplication stuff.

Constant 80% regrowth without white pigmentation and we are all fixed for good.

Considering that you can use around 5000 Grafts from your donor area :-)