+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyrblue View Post
    Sorry, havent been following this story closely, which clinic did he go too?
    Harley Street Hair Clinic. FUE only there. No idea who the doc is. They say a norwood 7 only needs 6300ish (according to their graft calculator). Yeah right. How convenient too because that's the borderline max you can extract by FUE alone over a lifetime. Surprised he went there. Could have popped over to Dr. Feriduni in Belgium.

I'm pretty new too all of this, having only been looking at HT's seriously for the past few months but it amazes me how much coverage they seem to get from one source usually around the side and back of the head if its a FUE option. It just doesn't add up too me. Do you think they take hairs from other parts of the body?

I'm pretty new too all of this, having only been looking at HT's seriously for the past few months but it amazes me how much coverage they seem to get from one source usually around the side and back of the head if its a FUE option. It just doesn't add up too me. Do you think they take hairs from other parts of the body?
    Well they don't replace the hairs one for one. Let's say you have an area around your head in the donor zone of approximately 33cm x 8cm (for a NW6, NW7 will be smaller). That will give you 264cm2 of donor area for FUE. The density at the back will be higher than the density at the sides so let's say 75 FU/cm2 average. That works out at 19,800 FU in the donor area. Call it 20,000. Now I reckon you can safely take 30% of that by FUE without donor thinning or the moth eaten look. That gives you 6,000 to move to the top of your head. Some people say you can move 50%. If that's the case you can have 10,000FU. A norwood 6 may have to cover 240cm2 of bald scalp. Native pre MPB density is about 90FU/cm2. So a norwood 6 will lose 21600 FU. For arguments sake we'll say you can extract 40% (8,000). 8000 spread over 240cm2 gives an average density of 33.33FU/cm2. Ignore the crown at put those 8,000 in 140cm2. That gives 57 FU/cm2. You need 45 FU/cm2 and above to avoid the see through thin look. Of course hair colour, shaft diameter, and curliness are factors but it's still by and large a numbers game. An ever expanding canvas and a limited amount of paint and all that.

I happen to currently think ignoring the crown and spunking the 8,000 on the other 140cm2 and buzzing down to a one might be a better option than stripping out for 9,000 and having a thin appearance all over. I say that because the first option could really give someone a nice not too high dense highline and the crown might hold up for years. Something else might come along, Aderans or Histogen too. With the strip you could never go down to a one if you didn't like the grown out thin results. Admittedly you could probably never shave off completely with FUE either.

This could seriously change everything!!!

If this turns out to be true and we see Rooney scampering around the pitch scoring with a head covered with thick hair how many people will follow in his footsteps?? The flood gates could open, think about it!! How may 20 something balding footie fans will think ‘well if he can do it and get away with it why not me?’

I know that there have been some crazy figures thrown around, some saying it cost him 20 or 30 grand, but I can tell you now you can get a decent HT for about 6 or 7 grand. A guy in his 20’s could get a loan and afford that! Instead of the new car you get on credit how about a new hair line that could last you a life time??

I know we’ve had other famous people come out of the HT closet, but they have tended to be older and less in the spot light. Rooney is smack bang right in the spot light every week!! He’s a young English idol that kids and young men lookup too!!

Once the nay-Sayers and spiteful voices die down what will be left will be bloke that lets face it looks better and probably feels better as well. Possibly a defining moment that could change how people think about HT.
    You just hope if those young people research it first and realise having a HT in your 20's is not necessarily the best road, also you would hope they choose a top clinic. It may well make more people aware of HT but the concerns are it will lead to more botch jobs.

I can only applaud wayne rooney for doing this, i suddenly have the upmost respect for him.
    For someone like this (huge public figure) to come out can only inspire us guys right?
    Wayne rooney is doing alot of the leg work here & he's a living case in study...hats of to u Wayne, haa!

He could have tried to cover the fact and maybe stated he was on fin but the fact he was photographed outside the clinic pretty much ended that chance. Not sure why you are applauding him for this the fact he's in the public eye probably made him think about his appearance even more, plus he has huge financial advantages over most. I'd have more respect for him if he accepted it and didnt care.

hair transplants are not only for the elite nowadays...people with a normal job can afford them too. you can pay on a monthly basis...to be honest i also think it's pretty cool...what wayne rooney did...for sportsfigures it's also very atypical...it's a new trend!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    hair transplants are not only for the elite nowadays...people with a normal job can afford them too. you can pay on a monthly basis...to be honest i also think it's pretty cool...what wayne rooney did...for sportsfigures it's also very atypical...it's a new trend!
    Despite some of the scummy things he's done in the past he's always been open about his hairloss and not afraid to talk about it or light of his hair situation. He really worked on his heading game for a few years and when they asked him about how he improved that part of his game he jokingly said "the ball is now coming off my head better because of my bald patch." I say good for him.

yes i do remember him as an aggressive player...too bad he didn't play against barcelona .

a lot of sporters actually go bald very young...i think half of the dutch national team is already bald...except the old coach :P. maybe testosterone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    yes i do remember him as an aggressive player...too bad he didn't play against barcelona .

a lot of sporters actually go bald very young...i think half of the dutch national team is already bald...except the old coach :P. maybe testosterone?
    Epigenetics also. Environmental influences or diet can accelerate MPB. I wouldn't say more Dutch people have the genes for MPB, it's just that they might bald younger due to diet and lifestyle. No question that an active lifestyle and exercise will ramp up T and DHT. Diet and epigenetics may also explain why you guys are so damn tall. I'm 1.85m but that's the average nowadays for Dutch men from what I've read.