Wayne Rooney Hair transplant

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sausage
    • Jan 2012

My post was not supposed to sound aggressive more sarcastic.

As I said I always here people say, make sure you do your research, you need to do more research etc.

It does make you wonder how much research there is, I mean if you have common sense you should be able to work out what you need to know pretty quickly. I am definately not rushing into anything.

I would not say I am too young for a transplant, I understand it is recommended that you have a transplant when your hair is quite far gone and surgeons prefer you to at least be 25/26 years old. My hair is far enough gone. I am at the stage Wayne Rooney was at before his transplant, I am a year older than him (27).

I will be getting a digital camera soon and sending the photos round to many surgeons for consultation so I know what to expect and need.

I am in communication with Mattj via email, who is helping me out.

Its all good.

Comment

• DAVE52
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sausage

I was just thinking back to the first shot of his Hair Transplant that he posted on Twitter:

He clearly is not wearing Dermatch in this photo.....the new grafted hair looks a decent density although I understand that 10-20% of grafted hair may have been lost since then as can be expected.

But....does everyone agree that this is the best photo to judge his density on, you would expect that to have grown out into a fairly decent head of hair as it looks like anyone would look with a shaved head, possibly a little thinner.
      I recall reading that It always looks denser immideiately after the HT because the blood that forms make it look like more work was done ....or something like that .

Comment

• DAVE52
        • Sep 2010

Here is another photo Rooney tweeted a few months back:

Here he is having a haircut and his hair looks amazing. He surely would not be wearing Dermatch whilst having a haircut?

So if we are going to speculate what his hair looks like without any Dermatch/hair die or whatever in it then aren't these 2 photos good photos to go by?
        The 2nd photo is side view

See if you can find a pic front the front , top and back

Comment

• sausage
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DAVE52
          I recall reading that It always looks denser immideiately after the HT because the blood that forms make it look like more work was done ....or something like that .
          I don't think that photo has been taken immediately after surgery. Maybe a few days. Not really much scabbing, just the big red sore patch. Here's another:

Comment

• sausage
            • Jan 2012

Can someone explain to me what those points are at the front of his hairline, they appear every half centimetre along his hairline..

Here is one of him before surgery:

Here is one where it looked light:

Here is one with wet hair:

And here is 3 of him through time:

Comment

• sausage
              • Jan 2012

This photo I have come across concerns me as his hair looks pretty thin. These were taken a month post surgery.

I am confused as to why he is hair looks so thin here....

But here, not long after the above photo was taken his hair looks thick....

This was taken this month, here it looks insanely thick:

Oh its too confusing, is dermatch conning me?

In this photo his hair does look a bit odd, powdery like:

Comment

• DAVE52
                • Sep 2010

It is " suppose " to take up to a year to get full growth

Of course a month " post " surgery will look thin as the transplanted hairs fall out , and he may have experienced some shockloss.

If I were to guess, and I could very well be wrong, but he's probably using some type of product in his hair to may it appear thicker / fuller than it really is

Those points , probbaly the doc's irregular hairline -- I'm only guessing now .

No one has a perfectly straight hairline so the doc probbaly made it irregular so when it grows out it will look more natural

Comment

• sausage
                  • Jan 2012

Rooney had no shock loss and had no shedding, if he did it was very brief and very soon after the surgery.

Its pretty impossible to tell for sure which photos he is wearing concealer and which he isn't.

I give up I don't know what to think.

I will just keep an eye on his hair and see if it shows up any signs of thinning, and possibly wait to see what he does in the summer.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                    • May 2011

This photo I have come across concerns me as his hair looks pretty thin. These were taken a month post surgery.

I am confused as to why he is hair looks so thin here....

But here, not long after the above photo was taken his hair looks thick....

This was taken this month, here it looks insanely thick:

Oh its too confusing, is dermatch conning me?

In this photo his hair does look a bit odd, powdery like:

Sausage, I would expect Wayne to have if anything even less hair than before at 1 month so if that photo is at one month then he was doing very well. He won't have his full result until June. I can tell you that he is most likely wearing concealer in the international game and definitely wearing dermatch in the game against Sunderland given the lack of a sheen to his hair and the chalky appearance. I know this from having used the stuff a couple of times myself. As for the one this month at the balon d'or I'm not sure. Perhaps nothing or maybe a small touch of toppik or nanogen. For sure his hair is still improving.

Dermatch is a better option for the games without question. Good for Wayne. He's helping remove the stigma for us all.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                      • May 2011

Also those dots along the hairline may be pen markings from the surgeon. Wasn't that photo taken just a couple of days after the op?

Comment

• sausage
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
                        Also those dots along the hairline may be pen markings from the surgeon. Wasn't that photo taken just a couple of days after the op?
                        I suspect what Dave52 said was correct and those 'points' are to create a more natural hairline. Although I do not know what is natural about equally spaced points in the hairline.

One of those photos is of him in Barbados so I doubt there would still be pen marks on his head as thats at least a few weeks after surgery and surely he would have washed any pen marks off at most a few days after the transplant.

Comment

• sausage
                          • Jan 2012

Click on the Rooney interview on the right.

Here's a good chance to see Rooney's hair up close and personal. I bit wispy but still looks good, you can see how much better and younger he looks. Its funny seeing the older footage of Rooney with his receded hair and then him sitting their being interview it's like we have gone back in time.

Comment

• kd
                            • Jan 2012

I agree. To come out and say I want a hair transplant becasue he wants to feel better is great.

I can only assume there are plenty in hollywood and all over the world that get it done but only the brave come out and admit it because they know it will help others

Comment

• sausage
                              • Jan 2012

This does not look good...Latest photo of Rooney from today:

Comment

• mattj
                                Doctor Representative
                                • Oct 2009

Looks like he got caught in the rain without concealers.
                                I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

Working...