+ Reply to Thread

Default UPDATE on my receding hairline.

Hello everyone. I am back with an update on my hair loss and to see if I can get some opinions and advice.

I made a thread about 6 months ago with my hair loss at the time.http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4045

Now this is my hair currently. It's shorter than it was in my old thread but you can still pretty much see my hairline.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg

Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	9949

It might be just me but my hair loss has pretty much stayed the same for 6 months. This could be a good sign no? I know hair loss can be spread out for years and 6 months of stabilized hair might not mean anything and I'll probably start to lose more hair down the line.

But I just want to hear some input and thoughts. Any advice on what I can take to maybe try to regrow my hair now that it's pretty much slowed down?

You said you are taking beta sitosterol for 6 months, so it could be that? I read that BS+Saw Palmetto is very good, but never tried it.

Yes, slowing down/stopping hair loss is a good thing.

I am taking Finasteride, Minoxidil, multivitamin, and flax seed oil. My hair loss stopped considerably and I can say it's definitely thickening on top and have baby hairs on my left temple that were not there before treatment. My right temple also thickened because I have a small dot birthmark there, that was bald last year, and now it has hair over it.

I recently added[just a week ago]: Biotin B-Complex shampoo/conditioner, Mane N Tail shampoo/conditioner, Now Foods Biotin capsules. None of these products are proven for hair loss, but I hear they can thicken existing hair and make hair grow faster+give a healthier scalp.

A few days ago I added Selsun Blue Medicated, because my derm recommended I get on it for itchy/flaky scalp that Kirkland's minoxidil gives me. So I added that as well. My scalp is no loner itching, after just using Selsun Blue once.

Good luck, it's still not too late for us, we are young and we have almost the same amount of hair loss, you have more hair than me though, I think. My left temple is the same as your right temple. But my right temple is better than my left temple.

It's comforting hearing someone around my age going through the same thing. Thanks for the input. I was thinking of using minoxidil soon. I just don't wanna use it and then start losing hair quicker than nature is intending me to right now. I heard you shed a lot when first using it. But yeah I'll keep using the herbal supplements for sure.

Best of luck to you man.

Yeah, I don't see many young people my age, if any at all, around here going bald. So I basically feel like, I was just targeted to lose hair and can only find other young guys going with my problem, on the internet.

Herbal supplements are somewhat underrated by MPB sufferers IMO, but I would not risk ONLY using herbal supplements. I think adding herbal treatments to an already scientifically proven regime, is gonna do me good. Since I already slowed down my hairloss, and i'm getting a bit of regrowth very slowly, then I think hair thickening supplements will speed up the process.

If you want my honest advice, and an advice I would tell a balding friend, I would honestly tell you to get on Finasteride and Minoxidil. Your hair loss is not at it's worse, and fin/minox, the earlier you catch MPB the better. But it's really your gut feeling, you have to go with that. I took the risk because for me, my hair is my confidence, and i'll be damned if I let go without a fight. Without risk, there is no reward.