+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upset after HT

Default Upset after HT

Hello everyone. I would like to talk a little about my particular problem. I was 22 when I got a hair transplant which left a linear scar on the back of my head. It was about 1800 graphs. The scar is not quite ear to ear but its considerably close however it is thin and I have a feeling it will heal normally. The problem is that I just do not feel like I had enough work done.

I am on Propecia and Rogaine. I believe the Rogaine is only making small insignificant blonde hairs and costing a lot of money. I have heard that it can cause heart problems in the future. I have also been eating a lot more since I've been using it. It is too soon to tell but I have a feeling the Propecia is going to slow my hair loss down.

I will not tolerate getting another scar in the future because I am devastated after taking this risk. Before getting this hair transplant I used to shave my head bald and be quite handsome even though I'm young. People use to think I was older but still I was handsome. Currently I have mixed feelings on this HT.

I would like to wait until the scar turns from pink to white. I have a few scars on my body which have healed up to white and in time been rather insignificant looking to people. I would like to go back to being a head shaver and take my risk at exposing my scar. I would like to make it smooth again and just try to make the scar look like a stupid mistake.

I never want to make another mark on my head. All of this was a mistake. It is still quite early and I'm going to let the hair grow in and keep taking the drugs because the scar still is pink and I would like to try to get the best out of it before I start shaving my head again.

I guess this is all I can do. When it comes time to be a head shaver again having a scar isn't the worst thing that could have happened to me in life. I will rock the HT for a bit but I'm not going for multiple surgeries and I would never tell anyone else to get a HT but to embrace being bald.

This is not me but it is very similar to me however the two sides in the front are thinner a bit.

http://www.*********************.com...D=2699&DrID=24

I feel horrible.

Hey man, sorry to hear about your bad experiences. I know first hand that hair loss is devastating. I personally am really against hair transplants and will never get one. Hair transplants are often billed as some kind of solution but they're far from it. I really wish that doctors would focus on types of hair regeneration therapy rather than scarring hair transplants which don't generate any new hair, and Rogaine and Propecia which don't do a damn thing. I really feel terrible because all the so-called remedies for hair loss today are such absolute garbage. We need something like the hedgehog agonist that Curis was developing years ago that would grow hair from within rather than cutting open a person's head to move hair from one place to another.

It sounds like you might just have a little buyer’s remorse. This seems somewhat common in the first few months after surgery. I think once the hair grows in and the scar becomes less visible you might feel differently. Just try not to think about it too much and see how the final results turn out. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by sega31 View Post
    Hello everyone. I would like to talk a little about my particular problem. I was 22 when I got a hair transplant which left a linear scar on the back of my head. It was about 1800 graphs. The scar is not quite ear to ear but its considerably close however it is thin and I have a feeling it will heal normally. The problem is that I just do not feel like I had enough work done.

I am on Propecia and Rogaine. I believe the Rogaine is only making small insignificant blonde hairs and costing a lot of money. I have heard that it can cause heart problems in the future. I have also been eating a lot more since I've been using it. It is too soon to tell but I have a feeling the Propecia is going to slow my hair loss down.

I will not tolerate getting another scar in the future because I am devastated after taking this risk. Before getting this hair transplant I used to shave my head bald and be quite handsome even though I'm young. People use to think I was older but still I was handsome. Currently I have mixed feelings on this HT.

I would like to wait until the scar turns from pink to white. I have a few scars on my body which have healed up to white and in time been rather insignificant looking to people. I would like to go back to being a head shaver and take my risk at exposing my scar. I would like to make it smooth again and just try to make the scar look like a stupid mistake.

I never want to make another mark on my head. All of this was a mistake. It is still quite early and I'm going to let the hair grow in and keep taking the drugs because the scar still is pink and I would like to try to get the best out of it before I start shaving my head again.

I guess this is all I can do. When it comes time to be a head shaver again having a scar isn't the worst thing that could have happened to me in life. I will rock the HT for a bit but I'm not going for multiple surgeries and I would never tell anyone else to get a HT but to embrace being bald.

This is not me but it is very similar to me however the two sides in the front are thinner a bit.

http://www.*********************.com...D=2699&DrID=24

I feel horrible.
    too young for that shit, your doctor should be in prison

I can relate to your situation, I regret going to my doctor who was a total scammer, and not very good. Although every website claims he is good because they get kick backs from the doctors and the industry.

The HT industry is a total disgrace, people bash Bosley but the AHLA is no better and that web site HT network is a total fraud. They kick blogs out that are unhappy. Doctor threaten to sue and they support docs anyway.

sorry that you made that choice, just find a way to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 4000 View Post
    ......sorry that you made that choice, just find a way to deal with it.
    Yep. The million dollar question is hwo to deal with it ?

Wake up every morning faced with the same self conscious issue

You can buzz it off , expose the scar and live with it

Or go back and have 2, 3 4 more HT's to try and make look presentable

Hmm... have you considered a hair system or a wig?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 4000 View Post
    too young for that shit, your doctor should be in prison

I can relate to your situation, I regret going to my doctor who was a total scammer, and not very good. Although every website claims he is good because they get kick backs from the doctors and the industry.

The HT industry is a total disgrace, people bash Bosley but the AHLA is no better and that web site HT network is a total fraud. They kick blogs out that are unhappy. Doctor threaten to sue and they support docs anyway.

sorry that you made that choice, just find a way to deal with it.
    Bad outcomes happen with all types of surgery. All doctors have good and bad days and there are all sorts of variables that can effect the outcome of a hair transplant and being an unhappy patient of a good doctor happens.

If you met with men who had hair transplants done by your doctor in person, and did your research,then there is nothing more than you can do except to hope you have a similar outcome. There are thousands of guys who have hair transplants who are happy they did it. You obviously aren't to one of them.
    Can I ask who your doctor was? Was your complication rare or was it that you just didn’t get the growth that you wanted? Did your doctor threaten to sue you?

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Bad outcomes happen with all types of surgery. All doctors have good and bad days and there are all sorts of variables that can effect the outcome of a hair transplant and being an unhappy patient of a good doctor happens.

If you met with men who had hair transplants done by your doctor in person, and did your research,then there is nothing more than you can do except to hope you have a similar outcome. There are thousands of guys who have hair transplants who are happy they did it. You obviously aren't to one of them.
    Can I ask who your doctor was? Was your complication rare or was it that you just didn’t get the growth that you wanted? Did your doctor threaten to sue you?
    there were multiple problems, my doc didn't threaten to sue me, but none of his solutions seem to be acceptable at this time.

he made many mistakes, didn't follow pre op instructions, lied about his service, lie about his staff, he was nothing that he advertised, and this board and the other blog site keep protecting this guy.

If my doctor wanted to sue me for any reason, I would welcome it, and enjoy the testimony. He would be embarrassed and his business would suffer, I think already did and that is why they kicked my blog off the HT network, what a fraud site that is...

I have heard so many people who are dissatisfied with hair transplants and I think it has as much to do with the procedure as it does with the doctor. Although hair transplants are considered to be some type of effective procedure, they still do not generate any new hair, leave permanent scars, and oftentimes much of the transplanted hair does not hold. I wish to God that some doctors would offer up more effective alternatives than the garbage that we have out today (Rogaine, Propecia, hair transplants). I mean, people can have complete sex-changes and whole sheep can be cloned, yet we do not have an effective solution for hair loss. Just unacceptable and absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    It sounds like you might just have a little buyer’s remorse. This seems somewhat common in the first few months after surgery. I think once the hair grows in and the scar becomes less visible you might feel differently. Just try not to think about it too much and see how the final results turn out. You might be pleasantly surprised.
    I'm trying to take it in strides.