+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hair loss at 23

well glad to see my post is still here

Here is me 5 months later.

I haven't been using anything but I shaved my head with no guard. This is with a few days growth.

I forgot to add I'm 24 now and was seriously thinking about a fue hair transplant.

Even though I enjoy the shaved look I would like to have a more full head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by twhacker View Post

Its mainly my receding hairline but I can tell it is also getting lighter in the middle on top of my head.

Also what number would I be considered?
    In this picture you look like a III entering into a IV. You are getting lighter in the middle top of your head.

Here is me 5 months later.

With your hair shorter, you look like a IV.

So would you guys suggest the rogaine foam or the liquid form??????
    Both. Use the foam in the morning and generic 5% liquid Minoxidil in the evening. Put it on your vertex and mid-anterior regions then use your temples to dry the medicine off your fingers. With your hair buzzed down short like that you will be able to get the medicine where it needs to be more easily.

So would you guys suggest the rogaine foam or the liquid form??????

what are the pros and cons of each?
    The foam is more stealthy. No one will know you are treating your hair loss, but it is expensive. Rogaine liquid (or generic Minoxidil) is pretty obvious that you are treating your hair loss, but it is not very expensive. Generic Minoxidil is very reasonably priced. Make sure to give it a full year to determine if it is going to work for you.

Many, including me, feel Nizoral shampoo helps. Mainly it helps you with the itching and irritation associated with using Minoxidil. It also helps you achieve a very healthy scalp for treating your hair loss. I use the non-prescription strength Nizoral A-D shampoo twice per week. Others use the full prescription strength Nizoral once per week. Make sure not to over use Nizoral if you decide to try it and add it to your treatment regimen.

I have had good experience with the laser comb. Maybe you would too, but it is expensive and it doesn't work for everyone. Read up on it a bit to see if you might want to try it.

Talk to your doctor about Propecia (1mg Finasteride) or generic Finasteride. Be sure to spend a lot of time talking about possible side effects.

I forgot to add I'm 24 now and was seriously thinking about a fue hair transplant.
    Since you are considering hair transplant surgery, I would say it is in your best interest to start treatment with medications. You will need to stay on the medications either way anyway. Starting now could help you achieve better results when you do decide to have hair transplant surgery. Treat it for a couple of years before commiting to surgery.

Its crazy I already went up another number in just 5-6 months

I'm not saying you went up another number. I'm saying you look like you went up another number when your hair is so short. You were probably closer to a IV than a III five months ago. But with your hair a little longer you look like only a III.

Your job is to keep what you have! First thing, don't sweat too much as a negative attitude is bad for the entire body.

Also, think about your entire body as one unit, what's good for the entire body will be good for the hair/scalp. Eat healthy, lots of veggies, then add the supplements. minox is a good place to work from and I would add the Nizoral shampoo with 2% Ketoconazole twice per week, which I get from ***********.com

I'm in my mid 30's and have stopped any further hair loss from my early 20's, so it IS possible!

Hate to say it but I feel like I'm too lazy to keep up on my hair with all these different products. I'm thinking I will just keeping shave with no guard and then once it gets too bad I will slick shave it.

The only thing I dont like about slick shaving is how white my head is. Maybe I can use some of that fake tan.

Well, men have that option. For some men it's a good option. You are fortunate enough to be handsome with and without hair.

Wouldn't your head tan naturally the same as the rest of your body?

well i live in the northwest where we get alot of rain and clouds and not much sun. On other guys I've seen the bald head look only looks good as long as your head isn't pale white like a nazi or something.

Heres my shiny ass dome lol

Definately need to tan it.