+ Reply to Thread

Default Bums, Boobs & Botox

Anyone watch it in the UK?

It was a documentary about one of the biggest cosmetic surgeries, it kind of come across like a 'get em in get em out' and turnover was the key.

Featured a couple of people who had HT's, problem was it didnt show you after full growth and the results I dont think would have impressed viewers.

It featured one guy who seemed devastated by his loss I felt for him. He spent £5000 (seemed cheap) but had pretty extensive loss, the HT itself only covered a small amount and he would really need another at least, problem was I think it was around 4 months but there seemed little growth at all and he seemed really down and was worried now he had a scar if it didnt look great he'd end up looking even worse (which we all know can sometimes happen).

Whilst the other patient was very happy he said it took 10-20 years off which amazed me because the growth he had looked very thin.

But its all perspective I guess, he was happy thats all that counts.

But I couldnt help but think if you go to all the trouble of a HT why not do the research and get the best doc's?

I hope they both have great results and are happy though.

Kind of put me off though as its the first time I've actually seen the procedure and although I'm sure it looks worse than it really is it looked pretty gruesome, although I'm not sure I'm a very good candidate and atm I can go a great cover up with concealers.

Just wondered if anyone saw it and their opinions?

Wow could anyone understand the Doctor...

Again a documentary showing outdated surgery, real shame. No microscopes and untrimmed grafts. No wonder we never saw how it turned out properly.

Do not let this put you off as its like comparing apples and bricks with state of the art surgery.

What about the botox guy, wow, high maintenance.. did you clock the doc doing the botox wore a wig
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Oh I know if I ever had a HT I wouldn't be having it in the UK. I just felt for the guy he seemed so down about his hairloss as if thats the only thing that mattered in his life, I just thought get some perspective here, he should get down the gym, change his appearance in other positive ways and I'm sure it'll help him, I cant see the HT really making much difference he had a lot of loss and he IMO didnt go to the right place.

But the other guy who was overjoyed about his, did you see him spex? I couldnt understand why? But then again he's happy.

It just amazes me that with the internet people dont do the research. Especially when it costs a lot of money and its surgery, you would think people would do everything they can to get the best results.

I have been debating whether to have a HT for a long time, its the travelling on my own and the way work is and family its going to be difficult and maybe others feel the same and thats why they choose the UK (its easier), but for me its not worth it, if you want something doing go to the best.

Until I'm ready I'll be using toppik and at least looking like I have a full head of hair.

Hi, I did!!

It was interesting but not particularly detailed. I thought it jumped around a bit too much. The presenter (voiceover) was the guy from the peep show, he’s funny in the peep show but his sarcastic tone was at times a bit irritating in this.

I was slightly troubled by the young polish man. He was obviously incredibly depressed about his bald head, which was unfortunately a bit off an odd shape.
    But what I found more disturbing was the lack of information he seemed to have regarding the procedure and effects of the operation?? Did he not like most of us spend a considerable amount of time researching different options and techniques?
    The Doctor seemed rather pushy and unhelpful, should he not have stressed the fact that there would be a scare on the back of the patients head for the rest of his life!?

We were then shown the results after 4 months?! I thought they were joking! the results of the operation were incredibly underwhelming. I know that it can take up to 9 months to see decent results but honestly, what was the point? I hope the program revisits the patients later in the series.

I’ve been losing my hair for the past 7 years. I’m very thin on top and my temples are receding I think I would be classed as a 3v, I’ve not lost a considerable amount YET but are concerned about the future and want to do something about it. I’ve spent the last year looking at permanent ways of fixing the problem. I’ve come to the conclusion that a HT is the only serious option available.

Why have you not undergone a HT operation? What’s holding you back? I would love to know your concerns see if they are similar too mine.

Quote Originally Posted by standbyme View Post
    Anyone watch it in the UK?

It was a documentary about one of the biggest cosmetic surgeries, it kind of come across like a 'get em in get em out' and turnover was the key.

Featured a couple of people who had HT's, problem was it didnt show you after full growth and the results I dont think would have impressed viewers.

It featured one guy who seemed devastated by his loss I felt for him. He spent £5000 (seemed cheap) but had pretty extensive loss, the HT itself only covered a small amount and he would really need another at least, problem was I think it was around 4 months but there seemed little growth at all and he seemed really down and was worried now he had a scar if it didnt look great he'd end up looking even worse (which we all know can sometimes happen).

Whilst the other patient was very happy he said it took 10-20 years off which amazed me because the growth he had looked very thin.

But its all perspective I guess, he was happy thats all that counts.

But I couldnt help but think if you go to all the trouble of a HT why not do the research and get the best doc's?

I hope they both have great results and are happy though.

Kind of put me off though as its the first time I've actually seen the procedure and although I'm sure it looks worse than it really is it looked pretty gruesome, although I'm not sure I'm a very good candidate and atm I can go a great cover up with concealers.

Just wondered if anyone saw it and their opinions?

I guess the same as anyones really with a few extra thrown in.

Obviously a strip would cause scaring which could be a big problem in the future depending on how the hairloss progresses or how successful the HT is. The surgery itself seems pretty bad, I know people say it looks worse than it really is but its still surgery. The possible side affects like tight skin, numbness. And the fact you went through all that and the HT might not be as good as you hope. Add to that the cost. of course thats looking at the worst possibilities but they are possibilities nonetheless.

More personnel concerns are the fact I'm quite a fmaily/ homely person, I have never travelled abroad on my own and the idea of leaving on my own does actually concern me, I know I could do it its just pushing myself to do it. Thats why the idea of a HT in say Manchester is more favourable but unfortuantely having one done there increases all the above fears, because the chances to get good results go down if I dont choose a top HT surgeon.

My hairloss doesnt affect my life too much but I still have to spend quite a lot of time covering it up but I can achieve a full head of hair so its not like I'm looking at a big bald head everyday.

I just wish we had top doc's in the UK, it would make my decision easier I think.

Plus because I'm thinning at the back now I might not have the option, I've started fin and hoping for great results. Who knows? Its nice to have the option at least. I have a lot of admiration for those who go through with it, I wish I had the desire but the fact I havent had one must mean I dont want one enough.