+ Reply to Thread

Default Physiology behind propecia shed??

I just don't understand. This is stuff I do like to figure out on my own but I can't wrap my mind around this one.

I just don't understand how this "shedding phase" could possibly happen. Does the hair follicles growth become dependent on the DHT that binds to it? How would this cause global shedding? The pill is literally designed to stop the production of DHT and doesn't have any ingredient designed to specifically trigger the scalp itself, just on the hormone that is responsible for MPB. I'm in college for physiology so I have a pretty good understanding of how the body works so when you respond, don't be afraid to use detail, I will have a decent understanding of the material.

In an industry where every customer is so desperate to hold on to those precious locks, it is very easy to influence people into false information.

I will add that propecia IS working for me. No increase in density but hair loss has slowed and sebum production has significantly decreased which is probably not the best thing, but signs my body is responding to fin. Nooooo sexual side affects lol. (simply because I wasn't informed any sexual side affects would be present... weird huh?)

hm..no responses. interesting seeing as some members on the forums prescribe this drug

Im on a cell phone, pardon any spelling errors.

Here are the facts behind the use of propecia that I gathered on my own.

"Shedding " is not possible. That "shed" is the continuing of hair loss from the follicles already damaged by DHT prior to usage of the drug and they were going to fall out anyways. The hairs not yet attacked by DHT will remain and this will not be noticed UNTIL the affected hair has already fallen out.

Doesn't take brain surgery to figure that out. A shed does not exist. Those fallen hairs will come back, just smaller or the same diameter.

I really can't believe this thread has gotten no feedback. Does the truth hurt when your spending 300 bucks a month on a drug that says "Want to keep all the hair that you have RIGHT NOW?"

I still use it. The hair that I shed is not coming back no. But the hair has stopped falling in just 4 months of use. I appear to be a good responder. Do I believe I will regrow the hair? No, I don't see how that is physically possible. I have yet to hear a single logical explanation as to why it could happen. I don't believe the clinical studies showing regrowth without a SCIENTIFIC reasoning for it. I don't want to hear "I dono.. it just happened" because hair grows, moves, shifts,looks different everyday. I just don't buy it.

hello!

this is purely to let you know that your thread can be accessed. I dunno why you have no replies, maybe this forum is dying...
    I have no answers for you but I am about 3 months into proscar treatment. Its impossible to tell for sure due to placebo but I do think I have experienced the shed. I recently got my hair cut short and I have less coverage than the last time I cut it. Its hard to know if its proscar or natural recession but I do use nizoral and minox also so my moneys on proscar.

I imagine you will get some regrowth, which doesnt seem possible but the hairs that have nearly died could rethicken and seem like new ones.

Let me know how you get on, also, I'm nearly 90% over sides which is quite nice. I no longer have regular ball ache, and ejaculate is back to normal I think. Still waiting for morning wood to return tho

Inactive

The shed in my opinion is completely false. There is nothing in Propecia that affects hair growth stages. As a matter of fact from one day to the next depending on the sequence of your hair your should shed different amounts anyway and just the fact your told to notice a shed on Propecia will have you looking at your hands in the shower and seeing hairs that would have fallen out anyways. Your right to believe Propecia is just a big Scam Lie because it is. It does what it was designed to do decrease the size of the prostate. This automatically decreases the amount of DHT the prostate is producing and if you are lucky you will experience the side affects. Why do I say this? Because those side affects are what is causing you to gain or keep your hair. The reason is the frequency drop in ejaculation. Look up Male Pattern Baldness Cured for more on the forums. I wrote everything on there from the three accounts, ResearchNeverFails, BaldingBackwards, and BackwardsBalding. This thread is worth reading regardless of what people say. Notice how nobody comments on your thread? That's how these forums are people don't get on unless they have something negative to say.

Well i had a huge shed wen i started which regrew & just faced a worst shed were hair comes out in your hands. Its now stopped and starting to fill out again. I never had sheds in my life till i started this my one question is will this recent shed regrow all the hair lost in the same area as the temple on right side took a hit like hell. I wish it was psychological but its not.

Google.com

Are you really that surprised that people don't know much about anything?