Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TakingThePlunge View Post
    First and foremost, "Mr. 4000" stated the following, "Bill Seemiller and a guy named David "Taking the Plunge" who is a patient and a mod. totally screwed me over and said my story is false. David is a patient of the Dr. I went to.

I can't say his name for legal reasons." (you forgot to bold this part plunge)

As it is perfectly clear to anyone visiting our forum who my Dr. was, I was under the impression this was common knowledge. That is a regrettable oversight on my part and I apologize for naming him. This is especially true since I have an excellent relationship with my doctor and would consider him for a third hair transplant if and when I decide to have one.

You over look a lot of the fact and tend to make up few along the way.

However, this would not have happened at all had I not had to address the blatant lies (please document these lies Plunge, please) that this patient has spread and continues to spread regarding our interactions. No one has attempted to discredit his experience. No one has called him a liar. We've all tried to work to open lines of communication between him and his doctor to no avail.

Bull, I will post all the emails if you would like me to, is that ok plunge?

"and David don't forget how you complained about your first hack job by your doctor. You were so upset and them worked a deal with your doctor that was no where close to what he is offering me."

I love this allegation because anyone who is interested in my experience with each of my hair transplants has only to visit our discussion forum and my Hair Restoration Website to see and hear the truth. My detailed experience and feelings, including my dissatisfaction with the results of my first procedure, are available for all to read. I also explain why I chose to return to my doctor for my second procedure and it had little to do with any financial compensation.

"ou told me he gave you a free transplant, and them paid for a little extra on the hairline. "

Absolutely not true! While I did mention to "Mr. 4000" that Dr. Alexander offered to work with me on my second procedure, his account of my "deal" is wholly incorrect. I'll assume this is due to a misunderstanding on his part and not a deliberate lie.

I will post the email you sent me if you would like Pludge, which said exactly that.....I will prove you are a cherrypicker and liar

Both of my hair transplants took place long before I had even applied to work for the Hair Transplant Network. During the months that I was experiencing disappointing growth, I started several discussion topics to highlight my results and my concerns and also maintained a patient website. During that time I received nothing but support from Bill and the rest of the community.

don't forget support from me as well Plunge, I was behind you 100%, but you guys deleted all of my information. until you started to work in the industry, I like the way you overlooked that fact.

No one tried to silence me, criticize me or call me a liar. On the contrary, they eventually gave me a job. That fact alone speaks volumes about the integrity of our community. As a member of the staff, my experiences and my hair transplants come under even more scrutiny. Does that sound like a institution that tries to brush subpar results under the carpet?

The facts here are these:

1. There is a patient here who is extremely dissatisfied with his results and may or may not be experiencing medical issues related to his hair transplant. We'll never know because he refuses to supply proof.

2. His doctor is a world class hair transplant physician who routinely delivers excellent results and a high standard of patient care (I can speak from personal experience here) and has expressed concern and a willingness to help.

Once again, "Mr. 4000"'s patient website was only removed from Dr. Alexander's profile page. We continued to host it and it remained available pending proof of his claims. His patient website was not taken offline until he began making both legal and physical threats.

I know from experience that "Mr. 4000" likes to have the final word and I'm going to allow him to do that. I've said everything I have to say on the matter publicly.

David
    I called your help line 4 times left a message each time and you never called me back one time. Your site took the cowards way out, with a cheap email exchange, ignored my information and downplayed it, to protect the doctor.

All this AFTER you yank my site with no communication, I had to come to you first.

You yank my blog, without saying a word, you fraud!

Takingtheplunge said

“The “hair transplant salesman” who contacted you is not an agent of this community. We do not condone the use of private messages or any portion of our community for sales attempts or promotion. However, we do not monitor member’s private messages and thus, it’s the responsibility of the user to notify the publishers and moderators of our community if they’re being spammed privately. Had we been notified, we would have put a stop to any particular member using our community for sales or promotion.”

I do not believe what you are saying. I was in a very fragile state when I joined the HT Network and I was exploited. Within an hour of my first post I was accosted by a hair transplant salesman. I think it work like this, you join the hair transplant network looking looking for suggestion and help, ask some questions and then all of a sudden you are being solicited. I guess we all go into some sort of data base to sell to hair transplant companies. Pathetic!

I’m not impressed with your rhetoric and I think your full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpROGER View Post
    Takingtheplunge said

“The “hair transplant salesman” who contacted you is not an agent of this community. We do not condone the use of private messages or any portion of our community for sales attempts or promotion. However, we do not monitor member’s private messages and thus, it’s the responsibility of the user to notify the publishers and moderators of our community if they’re being spammed privately. Had we been notified, we would have put a stop to any particular member using our community for sales or promotion.”

I do not believe what you are saying. I was in a very fragile state when I joined the HT Network and I was exploited. Within an hour of my first post I was accosted by a hair transplant salesman. I think it work like this, you join the hair transplant network looking looking for suggestion and help, ask some questions and then all of a sudden you are being solicited. I guess we all go into some sort of data base to sell to hair transplant companies. Pathetic!

I’m not impressed with your rhetoric and I think your full of it.
    All of those guys are total bullshitters, don't believe a word. They are pro doctor and don't give a damn about patients and their rights.

Lets look at these closely

1. There is a patient here who is extremely dissatisfied with his results and may or may not be experiencing medical issues related to his hair transplant. We'll never know because he refuses to supply proof.
    There is a patient who was hacked by a doctor that was the rave on the HTnetwork site. As a result, I have consulted with the best HT docs in North America and they all agree the results are very bad and would require over 15k of work. After 5 phone call to my doctor he never admitted one time the results were poor. The pictures of my neck were seen by doctors and professional in the industry, and they all stated they have never seen a muscle deformed like that.

2. His doctor is a world class hair transplant physician who routinely delivers excellent results and a high standard of patient care (I can speak from personal experience here) and has expressed concern and a willingness to help.
    Go to the HT network site and look at all of my docs patients and see how many have complaints and how many had to have multiple procedures. His experience included a very poor first result, and a thin second result just read his blog, I can't I have been banned for life. He gave me no acceptable options unless he want to talk again

Hey Doc! would you like to enter the discussion while we are here?

Once again, "Mr. 4000"'s patient website was only removed from Dr. Alexander's profile page. We continued to host it and it remained available pending proof of his claims. His patient website was not taken offline until he began making both legal and physical threats.
    Once again, Plunge lies, there were no physical threat whatsoever. Defamation right there. I called him a pussie adn a sellout and stand by it 100%, plain and simple. I did threaten legal action and may still follow though. My blog was off line it wasn't on the main page where everyone goes, it wasn't on the docs site, where everyone goes, it was on the patient scroll list where no one goes unless you know the person out of every patient that has a blog. No one would see that blog if they didn't know me from before it was pulled. So another deceptive practice by the site. Great job Plunge!

I know from experience that "Mr. 4000" likes to have the final word and I'm going to allow him to do that. I've said everything I have to say on the matter publicly.
    Thanks plunge, that is very wise of you

Does the doctor want to join the discussion?

In my opinion that site is total horseshit and the doctors that support are well aware of what goes on there. That being said I would be leery of those doctors for that reason alone.

I was banned from that site as it was conveyed to me that I was dangerous.

Quote: many of your posts provide potentially dangerous advice as you often over-promote the benefits of FUE while blatantly dismissing the benefits FUT can provide the majority of patients. Thus, I think it’d be best if we part our separate ways.

So as long as you cheer along with what they have to say and do not present opposing points of view in a civil manner you are allowed to post. It use as a research tool is zero.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    In my opinion that site is total horseshit and the doctors that support are well aware of what goes on there. That being said I would be leery of those doctors for that reason alone.

I was banned from that site as it was conveyed to me that I was dangerous.

Quote: many of your posts provide potentially dangerous advice as you often over-promote the benefits of FUE while blatantly dismissing the benefits FUT can provide the majority of patients. Thus, I think it’d be best if we part our separate ways.

So as long as you cheer along with what they have to say and do not present opposing points of view in a civil manner you are allowed to post. It use as a research tool is zero.
    Wow, I'm shocked....

Taking the Plunge and Bill sounded like true stand up honest guys that are experts in the HT industry, but then again what do I know, I took their advice for that site and ended up having:

-pain everyday in my neck and scalp
    -poor yield
    -stretched scalp to the point the rest of my native hair is thin and pulled back from my face making my hairline and temples recede
    -an injury and disfigurement to my neck
    - tension along the scar from the miscalculation cut the donor
    -a hair line that doesn't match the native hair and causes large see through areas
    - and a doctor that has no way to fix what he has done even if I gave him an opportunity

I will let him tell you what he offered me to settle if he would like.....

That is an offer to the doctor to join the discussion..

In my opinion that site seems to be in violation of antitrust law and you are a good example of what happens when this is allowed. You based your decision on what you thought was a forum that was open to all views. When in fact it is not and steers consumers towards certain procedures and clinics as evident by what was stated in the e-mail I received. In my opinion they have personal liability for your pain and suffering.

From Wikpedia:
    The United States antitrust law is the body of laws that prohibits anti-competitive behavior (monopoly) and unfair business practices. Antitrust laws are intended to encourage competition in the marketplace. These competition laws make illegal certain practices deemed to hurt businesses or consumers or both, or generally to violate standards of ethical behavior.

We already had his legal rep in Taking the Plunge, maybe he can come out like a true professional and address all issues of concern.

does the doctor want to join the discussion? or just hide?

Dr. Alexander claims he was willing to help this patient. However, “Mr. 4000” refused any legitimate help to satisfy his concerns and refused to provide any medical documentation to support his neck and shoulder problems were a result of his hair transplant to either Dr. Alexander or to our managing publisher Bill who was attempting to act as mediator. “Mr. 4000” states:

David – aka TakingThePlunge
    Hi PLunge

I looked at your blog and I see your Doctor tried to lure you into another small session. I kind got the feeling after he came up short on my procedure and damaged by scalp and neck that it is a part of the business. Coming up a little short so the patient get what he called "hair greed". Once the doctors found patients wanting more hair they could create a short fall themselves and profit from it. Classic artificial demand.

My doctor, placed my hairline so high that my nature hairline is growing in front of my grafts. At first he denied he altered the pre-op request to lower the hairline, but then after I explained my nature hair is growing in front he hedge on his lie and said I did that because it looks more natural.

So first he lied, then he admitted to not following the pre-op created hairline. That will cost me over 10k to fix with a waste of 5-6k on his work add travel and food, totaling close or over 20k mistake.

Their is too much risk with a stubborn doctor that isn't very skilled.

For you, that would make your third HT in less than 3 years if you did. Do you that excessive? I know that you were very very upset after your first session with your doctor. That was well documented on your site. I was very surprised that you went back to your doctor for a second chance.