Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Mr. 4000, did you have a bad experience with a hair transplant doctor?
    understatement

That's why I never want to get a hair transplant. There are so many people on here and elsewhere who talk about the terrible effects of having a hair transplant. I don't know why we don't have anything better for hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    How can anyone trust a site that has a hair loss product store and offers online consultations? Why would a hair loss site offer online consultations if it was legit? It’s a sales site. You just have to look at that site and read the posts made by the moderators to see that it has no credibility.
    That’s so funny that you say that about the online consultations. I joined the HT Network asking for suggestions and within an hour a hair transplant salesman private messaged me offering his assistance and a “free online consultation”. I felt that was just too sleazy and also felt that my privacy has been invaded.

This thread has recently come to our attention and we think it is only fair that we present our side of this story. Thus, in the interest of fairness, I hope Spencer will allow our reply.
    As the co-moderator of the Hair Transplant Network, I have been in contact with “Mr. 4000” for some time. At that time, he emailed and expressed dissatisfaction with the results of his hair transplant with Dr. Alexander, who was also my doctor. Thus, I continued to answer questions and offer support to “Mr. 4000” over the next couple of months.

During this time, “Mr. 4000” chose to remove photos he himself had presented on his patient website which showcased his results and alleged areas of concern. He also began making unsubstantiated claims about his results and neck/shoulder pain related to his hair transplant without providing any evidence even after being asked for it repeatedly. Since he would not re-post his photos nor would he provide evidence substantiating claims that his neck pain was related to his hair transplant, we decided that his website was no longer appropriate to attach to Dr. Alexander’s profile. However, to be fair to the patient, we kept his patient website public for him to vent his concerns and allow Dr. Alexander to share his side of the story. “Mr 4000’s” patient website was only removed once he started a crusade of attacks against our community including removal of the link to his patient website from Dr. Alexander’s profile, which only was removed after refusing to re-post his photos and providing evidence of his claims.

While patients are welcome to share their genuine hair restoration experiences good or bad with our community, our policy clearly states that patients must be willing to provide evidence to support their claims and also allow the doctor the opportunity to respond publicly and present his or her side of the story. This is true for all physicians, whether they are recommended or not. Our fair forum policy can be found prominently on our discussion forum.

Dr. Alexander claims he was willing to help this patient. However, “Mr. 4000” refused any legitimate help to satisfy his concerns and refused to provide any medical documentation to support his neck and shoulder problems were a result of his hair transplant to either Dr. Alexander or to our managing publisher Bill who was attempting to act as mediator. “Mr. 4000” states:

“I emailed the mod to answer questions he had, but he was basically telling me I was a liar about my results. He asked me to forward him MRI's and private information. The guy was totally irrational. He NEVER asked or stated what I had to do to keep my blog on the doctors site.”

Nowhere did Bill or anyone call “Mr. 4000” a liar. And while no one can force anyone to present medical reports, patients making wild claims regarding medical malpractice and insisting on them as fact must be willing and able to support those claims by providing the necessary information. If not, our policies clearly state that forum topics and/or patient websites may be removed. “Mr. 4000” was simply asked to substantiate his claims and he was assured that he would have the complete support of our community in the event that his clams were indeed valid. He not only refused to provide us and Dr. Alexander with any proof but his private responses via email were riddled with profanity and accusations against Dr. Alexander and our community just because we didn’t just simply take him at his word.

“Mr. 4000” did send Bill some photographs and Bill did conclude that he may not have had optimal growth. However, “Mr 4000’s” primary concern was the onset of pain that started and then remained in his neck and shoulder after the procedure. Photos he sent of his areas of concerns were a bit blurry and inconclusive. After Bill asked for better quality photos of the area, “Mr. 4000” responded with profanity and accused Bill of protecting Dr. Alexander and calling him a liar. Note that neither Bill nor I ever called him a liar but only asked for more information and documentation surrounding his case.

At that point, there was simply nothing anyone could do to either help or to satisfy him. When his emails eventually turned to threats of extortion and assault against the publisher and moderators of this community, we felt it was in our best interest to terminate communication.

I also want to address a few additional points made by other members of this forum.

Delphi said:

“How can anyone trust a site that has a hair loss product store and offers online consultations? Why would a hair loss site offer online consultations if it was legit? It’s a sales site. You just have to look at that site and read the posts made by the moderators to see that it has no credibility.”

Our community specializes in prescreening and recommending only those physicians who’ve proven to produce consistent, excellent results. Thus, as a convenience, we provide a contact form which allows those considering hair transplantation to easily communicate with our physicians offering free virtual consultations. Incidentally, other websites associated with the Bald Truth forum provide a similar form for patients to contact recommended physicians.

HelpRoger said:

“That’s so funny that you say that about the online consultations. I joined the HT Network asking for suggestions and within an hour a hair transplant salesman private messaged me offering his assistance and a “free online consultation”. I felt that was just too sleazy and also felt that my privacy has been invaded.”

The “hair transplant salesman” who contacted you is not an agent of this community. We do not condone the use of private messages or any portion of our community for sales attempts or promotion. However, we do not monitor member’s private messages and thus, it’s the responsibility of the user to notify the publishers and moderators of our community if they’re being spammed privately. Had we been notified, we would have put a stop to any particular member using our community for sales or promotion.

Our primary focus is patient advocacy. The publishers of the Hair Transplant Network are patients and hair loss sufferers ourselves and know how deeply the pain of hair loss can affect someone. We also understand the time and money that a patient must dedicate to surgical hair restoration and the emotional and physical scars that can be inflicted when things don’t go as expected. Everyone involved reached out to this patient in order to provide him with whatever assistance was necessary. “Mr. 4000” chose not to accept that assistance. In the end, we wish him the best and hope that he eventually finds the peace he is looking for.

David – aka TakingThePlunge

Quote Originally Posted by TakingThePlunge View Post
    This thread has recently come to our attention and we think it is only fair that we present our side of this story. Thus, in the interest of fairness, I hope Spencer will allow our reply.
    As the co-moderator of the Hair Transplant Network, I have been in contact with “Mr. 4000” for some time. At that time, he emailed and expressed dissatisfaction with the results of his hair transplant with Dr. Alexander, who was also my doctor. Thus, I continued to answer questions and offer support to “Mr. 4000” over the next couple of months.

During this time, “Mr. 4000” chose to remove photos he himself had presented on his patient website which showcased his results and alleged areas of concern. He also began making unsubstantiated claims about his results and neck/shoulder pain related to his hair transplant without providing any evidence even after being asked for it repeatedly. Since he would not re-post his photos nor would he provide evidence substantiating claims that his neck pain was related to his hair transplant, we decided that his website was no longer appropriate to attach to Dr. Alexander’s profile. However, to be fair to the patient, we kept his patient website public for him to vent his concerns and allow Dr. Alexander to share his side of the story. “Mr 4000’s” patient website was only removed once he started a crusade of attacks against our community including removal of the link to his patient website from Dr. Alexander’s profile, which only was removed after refusing to re-post his photos and providing evidence of his claims.

While patients are welcome to share their genuine hair restoration experiences good or bad with our community, our policy clearly states that patients must be willing to provide evidence to support their claims and also allow the doctor the opportunity to respond publicly and present his or her side of the story. This is true for all physicians, whether they are recommended or not. Our fair forum policy can be found prominently on our discussion forum.

Dr. Alexander claims he was willing to help this patient. However, “Mr. 4000” refused any legitimate help to satisfy his concerns and refused to provide any medical documentation to support his neck and shoulder problems were a result of his hair transplant to either Dr. Alexander or to our managing publisher Bill who was attempting to act as mediator. “Mr. 4000” states:

“I emailed the mod to answer questions he had, but he was basically telling me I was a liar about my results. He asked me to forward him MRI's and private information. The guy was totally irrational. He NEVER asked or stated what I had to do to keep my blog on the doctors site.”

Nowhere did Bill or anyone call “Mr. 4000” a liar.
    Yes he did, thats why he banned my site before EVER CONTACTING ME, you know how I found out PLudge? Someone who complimented me on being so honest and saving themselves from a horror story of their own emailed me and asked why my site was no long on my doctors site. Oh by the way great job outing my doctor on this, I had an agreement that I wouldn't put his name out there. I had tons of people asking to out him, but I didn't. Great Job Pludge!

And while no one can force anyone to present medical reports, patients making wild claims regarding medical malpractice and insisting on them as fact must be willing and able to support those claims by providing the necessary information.
    I have a MRI that is private, I have been to the doctor 4 times in 2 years for this neck problem. You don't have the right to ask for my medical records, it is a federal law, and if I sue the doctor why would I give him that piece of evidence Pludge? That would be for my lawyer.

If not, our policies clearly state that forum topics and/or patient websites may be removed. “Mr. 4000” was simply asked to substantiate his claims and he was assured that he would have the complete support of our community in the event that his clams were indeed valid. He not only refused to provide us and Dr. Alexander with any proof but his private responses via email were riddled with profanity and accusations against Dr. Alexander and our community just because we didn’t just simply take him at his word.
    I showed Bill pictures and had pictures up on the blog for over one year. In our email conversation BILL didn't answer one question. Every picture I sent him he had no response because he knew how bad the result was. My blog was viewed over 1500 times. I want limited my exposure by taking the pictures off. I want to deal with my doctor on this but his demands just weren't worth me spending more money on what he was asking me to do. I would never let him touch my head again after what he has put me through and his request to see his mentor was NEVER an option. I could just see that conversation, one doctor sticking up for another.

“Mr. 4000” did send Bill some photographs and Bill did conclude that he may not have had optimal growth. However, “Mr 4000’s” primary concern was the onset of pain that started and then remained in his neck and shoulder after the procedure. Photos he sent of his areas of concerns were a bit blurry and inconclusive. After Bill asked for better quality photos of the area, “Mr. 4000” responded with profanity and accused Bill of protecting Dr. Alexander and calling him a liar. Note that neither Bill nor I ever called him a liar but only asked for more information and documentation surrounding his case.
    I sent the same picture to Dr. Wong and he had NO Trouble seeing that it would take 2000 grafts to fix the front third minimum. I didn't even go to my doctor for work there, but when I was there I asked if he had enough graft if he could add to my hairline. Why not? I was getting cut and flew across the country. Dr. Wong wouldn't even give a quote for the crown.

I also sent pictures to Dr. Shapiro and he quoted me 1200 in the hairline to fix what my doctor screwed up and a minimum of 1500-1800 in the crown so I guess the best doctors in North American have to be wrong because Bill and PLudge are the experts here.

At that point, there was simply nothing anyone could do to either help or to satisfy him. When his emails eventually turned to threats of extortion and assault against the publisher and moderators of this community, we felt it was in our best interest to terminate communication.
    Help? You offered nothing. Help me then, What are you going to do, pay my medical bills? put hair on my head? You guys are crazy, all you did is take away information from others, I don't care let them get screwed over by this doctor, but don't call your site honest. My threats are clear. I received every lead and piece of information from you site that lead me to this doctor, and know I know why my head is hacked. You provide misinformation.

You guys could have listen to my concerns and answered my questions. You did not. You were the to sell HT surgeries and protect my doctor from losing money from his bad results. I bet he was going to sue you guys, was he?

I stand behind every thing I have said and done. Their site is a compete fraud.

and David don't forget how you complained about your first hack job by your doctor. You were so upset and them worked a deal with your doctor that was no where close to what he is offering me.

You told me he gave you a free transplant, and them paid for a little extra on the hairline.

Oh one more thing concerning my neck

I showed Bill (of the fraud site) my scar location, he asked if it was in an unsafe zone. He never answered that question.

he asked me
    I sent the picture
    he never gave an answer
    I asked him twice
    he ignored the question

Bill just want to shut down my blog, never answering any of my question, and yes it pissed me off. Because the little guy always loses when twp companies cover their asses

I showed the pictures to a very reputable HT staff member and he stated clearly that a doctor should never cut that low, never.

During the surgery my doctor took no time at all to close the right side all the way to the middle of my donor area, then he stalled. He gasped in disgusted, which I believe is him slipping with his hands, and I asked him what was wrong. He said nothing we just want to make sure every thing is fine. He ran out of thread and asked his assistant to go find more in the cabinets and they didn't have the same gage/size, so they went with what they had in the cabinet. I could see her in the corner of my eye to the left of my chair. They struggled to close the left side, and this is where all my problems are. Is this a coincidence, maybe, but my MRI and lump in my neck less than an inch from his knife minus the size of the donor leads ME to believe that this is an injury cause by his hands.

He claimed a swallon lymph node, it has been almost two years and nothing has changed I have pain everyday, my scalp is super tight and over stretched to the point my native hair needs repair which was very thick.

I asked him not to shave my head (deal breaker) his rep and he said they didn't have to and it was easier to follow that hair for placement, BUT HE SHAVED MY HEAD.

My forehead sticks out for him pulling my scalp back and the sides are pulled down causing thinning right above the sides. into the top of my head, wear I had dense coverage.

I spend more time wearing hats these days and and covering up with nanogen everyday.

Before this surgery I never heard of nanogen. He destroyed my head.

I also asked him if one of his techs was fired after my procedure. Why? because two of the girls were talking about how she had to speak with the doctor after today and that she may be let go, DURING MY SURGERY. I asked the doctor if this was true. He said I don't know you will have to check the payroll information. I mean come on what a joke Im dealing with.

That was a real douche move outing Mr 4000's doctor . It certainly wasn't your place to share his personal information. Although, I was curious and am glad that I know now. But it's still a douche move.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    That was a real douche move outing Mr 4000's doctor . It certainly wasn't your place to share his personal information. Although, I was curious and am glad that I know now. But it's still a douche move.
    Sorry I couldn't share that information with you. I hope you understood through all of this.

Don't be surprised if Plunge isn't working for my Doctor someday, he is now indirectly.

That is the way the industry works.

First and foremost, "Mr. 4000" stated the following, "Bill Seemiller and a guy named David "Taking the Plunge" who is a patient and a mod. totally screwed me over and said my story is false. David is a patient of the Dr. I went to. I can't say his name for legal reasons." As it is perfectly clear to anyone visiting our forum who my Dr. was, I was under the impression this was common knowledge. That is a regrettable oversight on my part and I apologize for naming him. This is especially true since I have an excellent relationship with my doctor and would consider him for a third hair transplant if and when I decide to have one.

However, this would not have happened at all had I not had to address the blatant lies that this patient has spread and continues to spread regarding our interactions. No one has attempted to discredit his experience. No one has called him a liar. We've all tried to work to open lines of communication between him and his doctor to no avail.

"and David don't forget how you complained about your first hack job by your doctor. You were so upset and them worked a deal with your doctor that was no where close to what he is offering me."

I love this allegation because anyone who is interested in my experience with each of my hair transplants has only to visit our discussion forum and my Hair Restoration Website to see and hear the truth. My detailed experience and feelings, including my dissatisfaction with the results of my first procedure, are available for all to read. I also explain why I chose to return to my doctor for my second procedure and it had little to do with any financial compensation.

"ou told me he gave you a free transplant, and them paid for a little extra on the hairline. "

Absolutely not true! While I did mention to "Mr. 4000" that Dr. Alexander offered to work with me on my second procedure, his account of my "deal" is wholly incorrect. I'll assume this is due to a misunderstanding on his part and not a deliberate lie.

Both of my hair transplants took place long before I had even applied to work for the Hair Transplant Network. During the months that I was experiencing disappointing growth, I started several discussion topics to highlight my results and my concerns and also maintained a patient website. During that time I received nothing but support from Bill and the rest of the community. No one tried to silence me, criticize me or call me a liar. On the contrary, they eventually gave me a job. That fact alone speaks volumes about the integrity of our community. As a member of the staff, my experiences and my hair transplants come under even more scrutiny. Does that sound like a institution that tries to brush subpar results under the carpet?

The facts here are these:

1. There is a patient here who is extremely dissatisfied with his results and may or may not be experiencing medical issues related to his hair transplant. We'll never know because he refuses to supply proof.

2. His doctor is a world class hair transplant physician who routinely delivers excellent results and a high standard of patient care (I can speak from personal experience here) and has expressed concern and a willingness to help.

Once again, "Mr. 4000"'s patient website was only removed from Dr. Alexander's profile page. We continued to host it and it remained available pending proof of his claims. His patient website was not taken offline until he began making both legal and physical threats.

I know from experience that "Mr. 4000" likes to have the final word and I'm going to allow him to do that. I've said everything I have to say on the matter publicly.

David

Of course I understand Mr. 4000. If I were in your shoes I would have done the same thing. I think it’s disgraceful that the moderator of the Hair Transplant Network would post your private information on the internet. Like I said in an earlier post, it’s a sales site. You just have to look at that site and read the posts made by the moderators to see that it has no credibility. I think takingtheplunge proved what you were saying in the first place about that site. Total douche move, but I am glad he named your doctor and proved your point.