+ Reply to Thread

Default Hi all, 25 year old, significant MPB, please help (pics)

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I have shared my balding story with anyone. I have been shedding/thinning/losing hair ever since I was about 16. I lose about 10-15 hairs every time I run my fingers through my hair or shampoo/comb.

I have been on Rogaine for about 2 years now with little to no results. I have not attempted to use Propecia as some of the sides make me a bit nervous (although I know not everyone gets side effects).

I am moving to the San Francisco Bay area in a month to begin a new job and am quite interested in getting a HT once I get out there. I have naturally thick and wavy hair.

Based upon the pictures and my age, would I be too young or not a good candidate for a HT? Any suggestions/opinions? Oh and what Norwood stage would you say I am in?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

i'd recommend to go on propecia for at least 2 years before u even consider an HT. if propecia maintains/improves ur hair and there r no side effects u may consider an HT.

You do appear to be significantly effected by MPB. Consider getting on an appropriate DHT blocker such as propecia, proscar as this is important if you want to beat the battle and improve upon it further via a potential HT.

You need to stabilise your loss initially prior to embarking on any form of HT.

There are NO quick fixes - think long term and put an appropriate reg in place to beat hairloss.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Why is propecia a must before getting a HT? Is it not something to consider afterwards or beginning right before the surgery?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vidalp1 View Post
    Why is propecia a must before getting a HT? Is it not something to consider afterwards or beginning right before the surgery?

Thanks
    Because as mentioned before, using propecia atleast a year before an HT will let you know if it has stabilized your hairloss or not. If you get an HT without the use of propecia, your transplanted hairs will remain on your scalp while the other surrounding native hairs will slowly fall and the HT will look terrible.

If you are not willing to risk propecia, then in my opinion, you shouldn't be willing to risk an HT. I think there are certain exceptions to this rule, which is those who are just slightly thinning in the front or crown, in their late 30's or 40's and are not experiencing diffuse thinning throughout (but even then I would strongly recommend it).

If Fin works for you and stops further hair loss and maybe thickens your existing hair you might need less grafts than you would if you lost everything. Or Just do an HT for whatever area you want -maybe the whole balding area- but you need to expect to lose whatever you still have with time, which means you're gonna need more HT to thicken up the transplanted area.

Had you gotten on Fin a couple of years back you probably would have been in a different situation. I still dont know why this unreasonable fear of Finasteride. They say 2% of people who use Fin experience side effects and they will disappear for most with continued use... So 98% don't experience any negative effects but you only look at the 2% or even less. Like I said before, we are selective in what we are scared of and we humans tend to be spooked easily ESPECIALLY if it's something that might affect our sex life and always choose to look at the negative part of anything no matter how minute it is and then blow it out of proportion at least in our minds.