Have any of you used beta-sitosterol for hair loss?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

Have any of you used beta-sitosterol for hair loss?

I read this is a good hair loss treatment for MPB, when used together with Saw Palmetto. The side effects are the same as Finasteride: might lower libido.

"One small study shows a positive effect on male hair loss in combination with Saw palmetto."

"By taking more than the recommended dose, people may suffer from stomach upset, nausea, diarrhea, gas or constipation, impotence (also known as erectile dysfunction or ED), decreased sex drive."

Interesting read:

http://www.*************.com/23/beta-sitosterol/
  • SaulM64
    • Dec 2010

I have used this and I think it has slowed down my hairloss. I have temple hairloss. I don't have any sufficient proof that the beta is responsible for halting my hairloss but I haven't used anything else for the past 12 months and my hair has pretty much stayed the same.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
      I read this is a good hair loss treatment for MPB, when used together with Saw Palmetto. The side effects are the same as Finasteride: might lower libido.

"One small study shows a positive effect on male hair loss in combination with Saw palmetto."

"By taking more than the recommended dose, people may suffer from stomach upset, nausea, diarrhea, gas or constipation, impotence (also known as erectile dysfunction or ED), decreased sex drive."

Interesting read:

http://www.*************.com/23/beta-sitosterol/
      I forgot about this thread.

I am sorry about the bold.

The side effects are lower libido but that's if you overdose on it. If you're taking the right amount, you will not suffer from lower libido. That's what I read.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by SaulM64
        I have used this and I think it has slowed down my hairloss. I have temple hairloss. I don't have any sufficient proof that the beta is responsible for halting my hairloss but I haven't used anything else for the past 12 months and my hair has pretty much stayed the same.
        Okay that's good to hear. Did you experience any side effects?

Comment

Working...